Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Barbados

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Anyone been to Barbados recently???,going in a few weeks and looking for some tips on things to do and place to see?

Re: Barbados

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Go to the fish fry at oistens it's every Friday night fantastic also try the ship at st Lawrence gap fantastic steak and homemade chips the beaches and the climate is fab also you won't go wrong with local beer banks fantastic place

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:25 pm

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:46 pm

DEANO wrote:Go to the fish fry at oistens it's every Friday night fantastic also try the ship at st Lawrence gap fantastic steak and homemade chips the beaches and the climate is fab also you won't go wrong with local beer banks fantastic place

Have you recently been?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 pm

barry boy wrote:
image.jpg

It was a close call between the two :lol:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:14 am

Take a snorkelling trip on one of the boats and swim with the giant turtles, which I later found out are the favourite snack for great white sharks :o beware the local ganga :laughing5:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 am

Anyone been there recently?going to sandals and been told there is building work going on,want to know how bad it is?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:36 pm

If it got hit by a Hurricsne I would guess there is a lot of building work, clearing up going on

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Jock wrote:Take a snorkelling trip on one of the boats and swim with the giant turtles, which I later found out are the favourite snack for great white sharks :o beware the local ganga :laughing5:

Great whites eat turtles but not around Barbados.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:15 pm

caerblue wrote:Anyone been to Barbados recently???,going in a few weeks and looking for some tips on things to do and place to see?

Seriously, don't go. A very dangerous place with muggings now common place.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Bananas wrote:
caerblue wrote:Anyone been to Barbados recently???,going in a few weeks and looking for some tips on things to do and place to see?

Barry's a bit rough but it's not bad.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:00 pm

caerblue wrote:Anyone been there recently?going to sandals and been told there is building work going on,want to know how bad it is?

Get on TripAdvisor mate, the answers will be there

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Barry's a bit rough but it's not bad.

Barbados is one of the safest of the Caribbean islands. I was there in June and loved the place.
The people are so friendly and never felt intimidated at all. Yes there is crime on the island but that's the same as anywhere you go. As long as you have your wits about you then it's fine.
Just get out there and enjoy it.
I didn't stay in Sandals so can't speak about the building work but look on TripAdvisor to see what the guests are currently saying about the place. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 pm

You can't rely on trip advisor. Dangerous place full stop!! :old:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:48 pm

caerblue wrote:
barry boy wrote:
image.jpg

It was a close call between the two :lol:

:bluebird: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 am

caerblue wrote:Anyone been there recently?going to sandals and been told there is building work going on,want to know how bad it is?

If its almond beach going to it is due to finish November! But think it's just about done as revues have been good, sandals recently took it over hence building work., we were thinking of going but decided to go to rex resort instead over Xmas!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:03 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Jock wrote:Take a snorkelling trip on one of the boats and swim with the giant turtles, which I later found out are the favourite snack for great white sharks :o beware the local ganga :laughing5:

Great whites eat turtles but not around Barbados.

So I've been told 8-) the snorkelling trips are excellent anyway and definitely worth doing.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:01 pm

I recommend Crane Beach for big waves and take a ride on the Reggae Bus. Now that's an experience