Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordan Rhodes injury /Championship Round Up

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:07 am

Championship: Jordan Rhodes injury means he's doubtful for Sheffield Wednesday's clash with Derby County; Neil Warnock angry

Sunday 15th October 2017

Jordan Rhodes looks set to miss Sheffield Wednesday's Championship game against Derby County.

Rhodes started the Owls' 2-1 defeat by Bolton Wanderers but left the pitch on a stretcher. The extent of his injury is not yet known but he will be assessed by medical staff later this week ahead of Saturday's game at Pride Park Stadium.

Manager Carlos Carvalhal told the club website that his side need to be more consistent. It was their third Championship defeat in four outings.

He said: "I accept, we must be more consistent. It is a hard competition but we performed fantastic against Leeds and must stay near those levels."

Meanwhile, Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says the officials let his side down after failing to award a second-half penalty in the defeat by Birmingham City.

Warnock claims that Joe Bennett ‘had his head kicked off’ - and that his side should have had a spot-kick in Friday night's Championship game.

"I am disappointed we didn’t have a penalty. Joe Bennett had his head kicked off in the box," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"Apparently the referee said if it had occurred any other part of the pitch he would have given a foul.

"I don’t understand that and I thought the referee was very poor. We deserved better official-wise but from Birmingham’s point of view they were delighted."

Che Adams - who Rams boss Gary Rowett tried to bring to the club in the summer - scored the only for Steve Cotterill's side.Derby County transfer target Maikel Kieftenbeld was also back in the side for what was Cotterill's first game in charge of the West Midlands side.