should we have sold Zohore ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby darboy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 pm

he has not fulfilled his early promise ---perhaps we should have cashed in when we had the chance :old:
darboy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: should we have sold Zohore ?

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Ridiculous post award.

Jesus Christ he's the guy thats made the space enabling others to score.

We are sat at top of the championship we lose away to Birmingham and we get to see just how shite some of our fans can be.
WelshPatriot

Postby maccydee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am

We will sell him in January if we aren't pushing. I still think he looks a class above. Seems to have loads of time on the ball.
maccydee

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am

maccydee wrote:We will sell him in January if we aren't pushing. I still think he looks a class above. Seems to have loads of time on the ball.

Problem is we may not get as much for him in January as we were supposedly offered in the last transfer window.
He has never really been a prolific scorer apart from a brief period earlier this year where he had a decent run.
He is presently on track to hit about 10 or 12 goals this season which would be pretty average.
Unless he starts hitting the net a little more often, Premier League clubs may think that he if he is struggling to score at this level, perhaps he is not ready for the top league yet.
Not all his fault I know. Not a huge amount of creativity in the team recently which is not helping him. However, he has not been a prolific scorer throughout his career, and I am not any more convinced about him than I was when we signed Doyle.
We will see.
Steve Zodiak

Postby boyo1927 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am

I thought he did ok at brum. Some good link play on thr scraps he had. I would like to see him upfront with ward. I think they would be a decent strike partnership
boyo1927

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:10 pm

he's not been outstanding, but he's still a quality player who has had a very good season so far.

with a player of his quality we will finish higher, its as simple as that. colin has asked him for at least one more season and that was the correct course of action IMO. we could have cashed in, but with a lesser player up front we would probably be mid table - and another team would have a player with big potential.
northernbluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:33 pm

northernbluebird wrote:he's not been outstanding, but he's still a quality player who has had a very good season so far.

with a player of his quality we will finish higher, its as simple as that. colin has asked him for at least one more season and that was the correct course of action IMO. we could have cashed in, but with a lesser player up front we would probably be mid table - and another team would have a player with big potential.

The potential is certainly there as long as he lives up to it. He is 24 in January, and in 7 years as a pro has scored 25 goals, half of which came in that cracking 4 month period earlier this year. If it was'nt for those few months during the second half of last season, his record as a scorer would be absolutely dreadful. He averages about a goal every four games, which equates to about 11 goals a season at our level. If we are pinning our hopes on him as being our main man, I don't think those figures are going to be good enough. Hopefully, with Warnock guiding him, he will live up to his potential, and be the 20 goal a season player that many posters on here say he is. If we are to remain in the play off places, we need him firing on all cylinders, and we need others creating more opportunities for him.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:We will sell him in January if we aren't pushing. I still think he looks a class above. Seems to have loads of time on the ball.

Problem is we may not get as much for him in January as we were supposedly offered in the last transfer window.
He has never really been a prolific scorer apart from a brief period earlier this year where he had a decent run.
He is presently on track to hit about 10 or 12 goals this season which would be pretty average.
Unless he starts hitting the net a little more often, Premier League clubs may think that he if he is struggling to score at this level, perhaps he is not ready for the top league yet.
Not all his fault I know. Not a huge amount of creativity in the team recently which is not helping him. However, he has not been a prolific scorer throughout his career, and I am not any more convinced about him than I was when we signed Doyle.
We will see.

agree with your post...the Doyle bit confuses me though.one of the worse touches ive ever seen if not THE worse. you cant say that about Ken.
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

We will see.

agree with your post...the Doyle bit confuses me though.one of the worse touches ive ever seen if not THE worse. you cant say that about Ken.

No, it was'nt really a very good comparison to be fair. Zohore has a decent touch and can bring others into play. I was thinking more in terms of as an out and out goal scorer. I never thought Doyle would be up to Championship class as far as goals were concerned. I am not convinced about Zohore yet. Not the finished article by a long way, and it remains to be seen if he ever will be the prolific scorer that some predicted. I hope he is but his career stats to date are not really going to set the world alight, and a massive improvement will be needed for him to be the player so many hoped he would be a few months back. At least he has a good chance as he has the right manager to bring out the best in him.
Steve Zodiak

Postby MoodyBluebird » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 pm

I just love people with hindsight, it is such a wonderful gift to have.

I know, let's get a proven goalscorer like Adam le Fondre.....oh wait a minute, we did and he was rubbish.....ah well we should have consulted Mr Hindsight before we signed him.
MoodyBluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:59 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:I just love people with hindsight, it is such a wonderful gift to have.

I know, let's get a proven goalscorer like Adam le Fondre.....oh wait a minute, we did and he was rubbish.....ah well we should have consulted Mr Hindsight before we signed him.

Not hindsight at all. If you followed anything I have said, right from the start I said the same thing about Doyle and Lambert. I stated as soon as they were signed that I thought they would be big time failures. You do not need to go far back on any of my posts to see that I have never ever shared the enthusiasm that most fans have about Zohore. I have been consistent from the start, his stats never excited me and many on here have not agreed with my views about Zohore, Lambert or Doyle. I have said from day 1 that Zohore has a long way to go before I am convinced that he will be the answer to our goal scoring problems.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Something I posted back in the Summer before the season started. I questioned then whether fans' expectations were a bit too high. My post was met with a mixed response as you can imagine, but Zohore has yet to convince me that he is the man to fire us into the play offs:-

Can't help feeling certain fans are going over the top again. He is showing promise, and hopefully there is more to come. He has'nt exactly set the world on fire so far, 19 goals in eighty odd games are his stats I believe. He has had half a good season here. A bit early to be thinking he is going to be our saviour. I would wait and see what happens this season before going completely ott about him. Seen plenty of players come here and the fans thinking we have some sort of superstar only to see them vanish without trace. May be worth giving him a bit more time yet. Not long back lots of fans on here were raving about Doyle and then Lambert.
Steve Zodiak

Steve Zodiak

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Even if we got £12m and £8 of that given to Warnock that could seal playoffs this season .

Personally would like to see him stay
NIBluebird

Postby northernbluebird » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm

he needs to score more goals to be valued highly. as soon as luis suarez started scoring goals, his value doubled or tripled, despite the fact he was basically playing at the same level outside the box.

zohore is critical to our team and offers so much more than goals. if we want to cash in he needs to be at least a one in three striker if we are to get a high fee.

we could sell him, but there isn't a player near his quality that we would be able to get. we could easily spend £3-10m and get a player who isn't fit to lace his boots, as the prices are insanely high.
northernbluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:43 am

Jota, Read, Bowen all on 7 goals and all near the top or top Jota (Wolves}, If we are going to be in with a shout he needs to start banging them in, simple maths really. Mendez Laing our top scorer with 4, he needs to continue putting them in otherwise where will our goals be coming from to keep up the race at the top.

We started very well when others didnt, they have now started to pick up wins and goals....Can we keep the pace without a regular goal scorer?
1980s Bluebird

Postby RYANBLUE » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Ridiculous post award.

We are sat at top of the championship we lose away to Birmingham and we get to see just how shite some of our fans can be.

Exactly this.... Who would have held ball up, who would have created chances for the Mendez' and Hoilett goals so far!

idiot
RYANBLUE

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:

Exactly this.... Who would have held ball up, who would have created chances for the Mendez' and Hoilett goals so far!

idiot

Do you think Zohore is the only footballer who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. I would hope the person who would create chances as well as score goals is whoever is playing up front at the time. Obviously as we did not sell Zohore we will never know who that person might have been, but the OP asked a perfectly sensible question given his scoring record to date. He is the player who is there as our main target man, and his stats are not too impressive at the minute. All that was being asked is should we have taken the money and run while the offer was supposedly there. We will know the answer at the end of the season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:

idiot

Do you think Zohore is the only footballer who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. I would hope the person who would create chances as well as score goals is whoever is playing up front at the time. Obviously as we did not sell Zohore we will never know who that person might have been, but the OP asked a perfectly sensible question given his scoring record to date. He is the player who is there as our main target man, and his stats are not too impressive at the minute. All that was being asked is should we have taken the money and run while the offer was supposedly there. We will know the answer at the end of the season.

i believe a big part of us being at the top bit of this division was us holding on to Zohore..i think he has been brilliant.
other strikers.?..well we must have had 20 crap ones since the last good one...at least thats how it seems..
dogfound

Return to General Chat