" NO WONDER LEE TOMLIN IS NOT READY YET "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 am

In my opinion no wonder Lee Tomlin is not ready to play his football with a serious Crown Court case to answer to, if found guilty more than likely prison.

Former Bristol City player Lee Tomlin due in Crown court over nightclub GBH

The alleged incident happened hours after Tomlin played for the Robins in a 1-0 defeat away to Nottingham Forest

BY ALEX WOOD

16TH OCT 2017

Former Bristol City midfielder Lee Tomlin is due back in court for his latest appearance in connection with an alleged nightclub assault.

Tomlin, who departed Ashton Gate for Cardiff City in a £2.9million move in the summer, is expected to appear at Leicester Crown Court today October 16.

The 28-year-old is alleged to have been involved in a fight outside Ghost nightclub in Leicester on January 22 earlier this year, just hours after City’s 1-0 defeat away to Nottingham Forest.
Attachments
IMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3169.JPG (49.09 KiB) Viewed 8330 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " NO WONDER LEE TOMLIN IS NOT READY YET "

Postby theclaw » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 am

It’s becoming more and more strange to why we signed him let alone our most expensive signing.
theclaw

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:22 am

1. Why pay all that money for him then?

2. Surely if he gets locked up then he will also lose his job, you or I would?

3. If he is being paid by club then he should be playing, as most agree we needed his talent against the Brum.

4. If I was waiting for court I wouldnt be allowed to not do my job.

5. Did the club know of how serious his case was?

Hopefully he will get a huge fine, a bit of community service and some compo to his victim if indeed it was his fault an he can crack on just in time to score a hat trick against Brizzle City
1980s Bluebird

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 am

What time is he likely to know the outcome?
KBK-13

Postby cardiff city stadium » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:04 am

My understanding is he has been charged with GBH without intent. If found guilty unlikely to get prison sentence.
I do agree though, that this court case is the reason he has not played more.
cardiff city stadium

Postby lyndipops » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am

No way Tan would allow buying him if he thought he would go inside! He would have obviously been advised and Tomlin will be free to get on with his career soon. :thumbright:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:01 pm

lyndipops wrote:No way Tan would allow buying him if he thought he would go inside! He would have obviously been advised and Tomlin will be free to get on with his career soon. :thumbright:

Was the club aware of this before signing him?
KBK-13

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:11 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
lyndipops wrote:No way Tan would allow buying him if he thought he would go inside! He would have obviously been advised and Tomlin will be free to get on with his career soon. :thumbright:

They must have been. My hunch is we signed him for a reduced fee (apparently £1.5m not £2.9m) because of the circumstances.

LT probably misses a lot of training due to attending court and receiving advice from his lawyer so it is not surprising he doesn't start. Technically he could go to prison but as stated above the charge is more likely to result in a non-custodial sentence.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:

They must have been. My hunch is we signed him for a reduced fee (apparently £1.5m not £2.9m) because of the circumstances.

LT probably misses a lot of training due to attending court and receiving advice from his lawyer so it is not surprising he doesn't start. Technically he could go to prison but as stated above the charge is more likely to result in a non-custodial sentence.

Let's hope so, could do with his creativeness in the middle
KBK-13

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm

I appreciate the seriousness of it all but how has it stopped him from playing ?

Not belittling the crime if found guilty but he hasn't even had a look in
NIBluebird

Postby Be Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:52 pm

NIBluebird wrote:I appreciate the seriousness of it all but how has it stopped him from playing ?

I would imagine that he's not going to be fully focussed on the football with the prospect of a prison sentence and potential time behind bars/career ending verdict looming, and Warnock probably doesn't want someone who's not fully focussed to play such a big part in our plans. I would hope that, if the verdict is favourable to Tomlin, we start to see more of him as we're crying out for a player who can pick out a pass and actually complete it (because the starting 11 on Friday couldn't string more than three passes together, and too often missed the runs of Zohore, Mendez and Hoilett).

There could also be the point of view that Warnock puts a huge emphasis on team spirit and fighting for each other, and if Tomlin was part of a cohesive team and then suddenly disappears off to prison, could his sudden absence cause more issues?

Just thinking out loud, and may be talking bollocks
Be Blue

Postby pontlliwblue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Only my opinion but I think this is a good piece of man management by NW.
If he was to play from the start of games some opposition players could very likely try and wind LT up with jibes about going to jail etc so his head would probably not be o the game and in the circumstances who could blame him.
Obviously what he has done cannot be condoned but I think it is a shrewd bit of business by the club if we have got him for half the price brizzle wanted, this of course supposes he doesn't go down. I hope he will be in a position soon to move on with his carear and show us what he is capable of, also be great if that was against the wurzels!
pontlliwblue

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:57 pm

If it’s unlikely that he will be sent down then that is no excuse why he isn’t kicking on with his career. He done the crime except the time and get on with what you are paid to do.
Nuclearblue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:If it’s unlikely that he will be sent down then that is no excuse why he isn’t kicking on with his career. He done the crime except the time and get on with what you are paid to do.

Fully agree..obviously the court case is a major distraction...but no reason to stall his career like it seems to have done
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:29 pm

NIBluebird wrote:I appreciate the seriousness of it all but how has it stopped him from playing ?

people are reading things in that havent been said..
could be a host of reasons for him not playing more but the obvious one is we had a great start playing very direct with a three pronged attack with little passing about in midfield.
dogfound

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:16 pm

anyone know what time this is supposed to be happening??
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby nubbsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:43 pm

dogfound wrote:

could be a host of reasons for him not playing more but the obvious one is we had a great start playing very direct with a three pronged attack with little passing about in midfield.

I agree with this, he's been on the bench so If warnock wanted him on the pitch he'd be on the pitch. That's how I see it. Or why is he even in the squad?
nubbsy

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 am

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I agree with this, he's been on the bench so If warnock wanted him on the pitch he'd be on the pitch. That's how I see it. Or why is he even in the squad?

Yep! :thumbup:

Not like some to be creative in absence of the facts on here though, is it? ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:07 am

dogfound wrote:

But there have been times when we need to change tactics off the top of my head Preston, Sheffield W, Derby and Birmingham could of done with a different approach (i.e. a Lee Tomlin) because plan A wasn't working.

I accept in other games Plan A has worked well but in games where teams park the bus we need something else.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:23 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:

But there have been times when we need to change tactics off the top of my head Preston, Sheffield W, Derby and Birmingham could of done with a different approach (i.e. a Lee Tomlin) because plan A wasn't working.

I accept in other games Plan A has worked well but in games where teams park the bus we need something else.

I agree.

In the Championship we will need to be able to switch tactics to, not only, unlock defensives but also keep the other teams guessing. So don't stick with a team/formation until we lose/struggle, be proactive and change things for specific games/opposition.

This is no way a criticism of Warnock because not only have his results backed him up but also the ongoing Tomlin situation has probably affected his thinking to a certain extent.

The other issue that might have affected the Tomlin situation is the fact that Jazz Richards and Patterson have been injured and that has probably meant that Warnock couldn't try the 3-5-1-1 formation that would have suited Tomlin more and something that he had experimented with at the end of last season and in pre-season.

It plays to our strengths in terms of our 3, very good, centre backs but requires wing backs who will bomb on.

Let's see what happens over the coming weeks but I have a feeling that there may well be a change in approach shortly.
piledriver64

Return to General Chat