' We Could of done with Lee Tomlin, Says '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson admitted his side could have done with someone with the creative talents of Lee Tomlin to beat Burton Albion on Friday night.

Bristol Post

Monday 16th October 2017

The Robins boss was frustrated that his side had 74 per cent of possession in a performance he described as ‘total domination’ but could not find a way to score, drawing 0-0.

The Brewers came to Ashton Gate set up to defend for their lives and earn a point having suffered back-to-back 4-0 defeats. And they did just that.

Johnson said: “You have got to find a way of we call it beating the block. You talk about midfielders, obviously we had [Lee] Tomlin last year, a player like Tomlin probably would have unpicked the door today - not that I want him back like.”

Tomlin left in the summer to join Championship rivals Cardiff City who are sitting two places above the Robins in the table in second. The sides are three points apart after Cardiff lost 1-0 to former City manager Steve Cotterill’s Birmingham City this weekend.

Bristol City had the likes of Josh Brownhill, Jamie Paterson, Niclas Eliasson and Jonathan Leko in their midfield ranks during the game but none of them could find a way through.

Brownhill was closest - playing a through ball for Bobby Reid to put in the back of the net but the goal was ruled out for a foul by the midfielder in the build-up.

Talking about teams trying to stop his side playing, Johnson said: “I think a couple of teams have done that to us this year, frustrated us and got away with it - that is where we have to get better.

“And if we are going to be good and we are going to build to be good, then we have got to win games like that and that’s the frustrating thing for me.

“Leeds will be a different game because both teams will go at each other, end to end, and that’s the way we like it really.”
Attachments
JMP_Bristol_City_v_Birmingham_RT0370.jpg
JMP_Bristol_City_v_Birmingham_RT0370.jpg (51.79 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' We Could of done with Lee Tomlin, Says '

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:47 pm

lots of possession..the exact opposite of how have been playing.
dogfound

Return to General Chat