Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Apparently player has no future with Cardiff City? '

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:38 pm

' Apparently player has no future with Cardiff City? '

Says

Barry Murphy‏ @BMurphy1981
Pilkington on fire for the u-23's but I'm led to believe Warnock has no plans to involve him in first team after a minor fallout #CCFC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Apparently player has no future with Cardiff City? '

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 pm

It's been pretty obvious for some time things weren't right with Pilks or he would have been involved in the 1st team before now!!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:It's been pretty obvious for some time things weren't right with Pilks or he would have been involved in the 1st team before now!!

I certainly won’t be shedding any tears with him leaving tbh. An ok player who always seemed to give 100 percent but far to much wages. OGS legacy again.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 pm

I was hoping Warnock could have worked his magic with him . as I feel he's a good top end championship player on his day . ( I know there has not been many good days for him with city ) is there much difference between him and Feeney

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Pilks is twice the player feeney is. Shame as he is a decent sub and a clear championship proven player.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:23 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Pilks is twice the player feeney is. Shame as he is a decent sub and a clear championship proven player.

Agree much better. He was our only attacking spark for a while under slade some seem to forget. But like many others very inconsistent and a victim of poor tactics.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 pm

He's better than feeney but he's obviously said something and that'll be him done if he's pissed off warnock enough,shame cos I thought he'd get the best out of pilks although not as a winger as he hasn't the pace for it

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 am

Don't piss the boss off,same in any walk of life really.You'll always come off second best.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:26 am

A much better player than Feeney in my opinion but if he’s fallen out with NW,that’s a shame because he would be good to have on the bench as he always gave his all. Why do people go on about his wages ? if someone offered anybody on here top money, we would all take it and not ask for a drop in pay.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 am

noisycat wrote:A much better player than Feeney in my opinion but if he’s fallen out with NW,that’s a shame because he would be good to have on the bench as he always gave his all. Why do people go on about his wages ? if someone offered anybody on here top money, we would all take it and not ask for a drop in pay.

Fair point if the player is offered high wages then it's not his fault.

However, any well run business will monitor it's wage bill and the truth is we have not got value for money when you consider the investment in his wages against the return from the player e.g. goals, assists etc. so it is a valid talking point.

My personal view on the player is he has always struggled to find a natural position. Not quite a winger, not quite a No. 10 and not quite a main striker. He can do an OK job in all 3 positions but not an outstanding job in any of them.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:00 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Don't piss the boss off,same in any walk of life really.You'll always come off second best.

Very true but I think AP's time was up well before any fall out.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am

He became a very lazy player, would not chase back, sulked if things didn't go his way.. that was his body language on the pitch, so if he same off pitch then no wonder he is on back burner.
Has the talent but a player who seems to think he is better than he is.. shame.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Don't piss the boss off,same in any walk of life really.You'll always come off second best.

Very true but I think AP's time was up well before any fall out.

I agree,the boy blows too hot or cold for me anyway.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 am

Maybe Warnock believes he can get better players for Pilks £80,000 a month :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Better player than Feeney by far and probably better than Ward. Could be it his wages?
I'd really like to see him in the squad

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Maybe Warnock believes he can get better players for Pilks £80,000 a month :thumbright: :bluebird:

:o :o :o :o

Can you believe the money these, let's be honest, incredibly average players are on?

That's almost a million pounds a year for a player who can't get into the matchday squad in the Championship!

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:59 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Pilks is twice the player feeney is. Shame as he is a decent sub and a clear championship proven player.

yes, he is an improvement on the current players on the bench, do doubt about that. he's a relic of the profligate OGS era, and he'll be gone sooner rather than later because of his high wages, though.

whilst we've got him we might as well use him as he is versatile and a reliable performer, but if he's pissed colin off then the manager must be able to wield his power and freeze players out if warranted.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
noisycat wrote:A much better player than Feeney in my opinion but if he’s fallen out with NW,that’s a shame because he would be good to have on the bench as he always gave his all. Why do people go on about his wages ? if someone offered anybody on here top money, we would all take it and not ask for a drop in pay.

Fair point if the player is offered high wages then it's not his fault.

However, any well run business will monitor it's wage bill and the truth is we have not got value for money when you consider the investment in his wages against the return from the player e.g. goals, assists etc. so it is a valid talking point.

My personal view on the player is he has always struggled to find a natural position. Not quite a winger, not quite a No. 10 and not quite a main striker. He can do an OK job in all 3 positions but not an outstanding job in any of them.

agree ..especially with your last sentence...ok in a numer of positions not particularly good in any.. i thought Tom Lawrence was very similar and many Rotherham fans had exactly the same opinion of Danny Ward { havent seen enough of Ward..or Feeney for that matter to have a real opinion }

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm

dogfound wrote:

agree ..especially with your last sentence...ok in a numer of positions not particularly good in any.. i thought Tom Lawrence was very similar and many Rotherham fans had exactly the same opinion of Danny Ward { havent seen enough of Ward..or Feeney for that matter to have a real opinion }

I have only really seen Ward against Burton in the League Cup and he didn't really shine although it's a bit unfair to judge him on that one game where a reserve U23 right-back won MOM despite being skinned repeatedly by Sean Scannell, in other words the whole starting 11 were shit.

He got a good goal at Fulham but that apart Ward really hasn't shown anything which would suggest he is going to be anything special this season in whatever position he plays. Feeney seems to have one good run in him per game before turning into a complete pile of shite.

AP may do a better job than either of them but that said only a slightly better one if at all.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Maybe Warnock believes he can get better players for Pilks £80,000 a month :thumbright: :bluebird:

Can you believe the money these, let's be honest, incredibly average players are on?

That's almost a million pounds a year for a player who can't get into the matchday squad in the Championship!

It really is bonkers :shock:

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:01 am

davids wrote:

David, madness the money we have wasted.