Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: who was your best cardiff city player ever

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Steve Gammon, Danny Malloy

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 am

Player I always admired was Peter King :bluescarf: probably one of our most long-standing players

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 am

Player I always admired was Peter King :bluescarf: probably one of our most long-standing players

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:53 am

Carpman wrote:Player I always admired was Peter King :bluescarf: probably one of our most long-standing players

And as I said in my earlier post, certainly our most consistent player ever. Some reached greater heights but Peter King never let his already high standards drop, ever.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 am

daboblue wrote:Phill stant just because
Of his commitment

This

He's white he's mean he fought the Argentine :D :D

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 am

Dave Bennett.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:06 am

Kavanagh ,purely for his determination :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:25 am

wez1927 wrote:koumas on his day was awesome to watch

agree with this. Also liked Perry for total effort and commitment to City :notworthy:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
wez1927 wrote:koumas on his day was awesome to watch

agree with this. Also liked Perry for total effort and commitment to City :notworthy:

and lets not forget Andy Legg for winning around the City fans due to always giving 100% :thumbup:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Phil Dwyer for me. Mr Cardiff City and also played up front and I think he even played in goals once and swallowed his tongue in one game. The type of player who gave forwards a good kick in the first five minutes to let them know they were in for a game

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Earnshaw! My favorite.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 pm

The late greats John Charles Ivor the golden boy allchurch Mel Charles Derek tappy tapscott Don Murray Greg Farrell Barrie hole we have had some greats these were the guys I first saw playing for us starting in 1962 real footballers

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm

I guess the opinions will vary with age of poster. For those of my age then Gibbo and Tosh will always be up there with Clarky close behind.
i always thought Tony Evans was a good player until i met him and he was a knob

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Too many to chose from - but from a personal meeting - CHOPS ;)

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:57 pm

I loved Jason Fowler, but Leggy was superb too :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:51 am

Jason Koumas in that one season was nothing less than sensational.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am

In the 40 + years I've been going it would be Peter Whittingham. If you judge it by the number of times you got off your seat, then for me, no one else comes close.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:54 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:Phil Dwyer for me. Mr Cardiff City and also played up front and I think he even played in goals once and swallowed his tongue in one game. The type of player who gave forwards a good kick in the first five minutes to let them know they were in for a game

played up front for Wales against England at NP.. .technically not his best game but lots of sais limping around :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Bennet brothers , far to good for us at the time

Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:28 am

Phil Stant closely followed by Blakey and a little gem who was amazing for six games and then disappeared called Darren Adams who was meant to be Blake’s successor boy disappeared.. hell of a left foot.. we used to sing the Adams family song for him loll

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:42 am

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Phil Stant closely followed by Blakey and a little gem who was amazing for six games and then disappeared called Darren Adams who was meant to be Blake’s successor boy disappeared.. hell of a left foot.. we used to sing the Adams family song for him loll

If I'm right, didn't he score with a helluva shot against Wrexham at home ? Disappeared shortly after that, which was strange as we thought we had some player on our hands.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 am

John Toshack, Tony Evans, Adrian Alston, Ron Healey,Dave Bennett :occasion5: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

Bothroyd was on a different level for a season ........before his England call up!! followed by Koumas (1st time around) and then Chris Burke.....if only he could finish or cross properly!!

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 am

Peter kitchen

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:19 am

All joking aside.
Mr cardiff city Phil Dwyer will always be my favourite player gave his all for city almost his life.big phil for me but dave Bennett jeff Heffernan andy dibble .rob earnsaw and andy legg to name but a few

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:56 am

Endangered species wrote:Bothroyd was on a different level for a season ........before his England call up!! followed by Koumas (1st time around) and then Chris Burke.....if only he could finish or cross properly!!

For the period you refer to, I would say that Bothroyd was the best and at times most unplayable centre forward we've had at the City since I saw my first game in 1964. Yes players such as Toshack were far superior in the air but for sheer skill, dynamism, the ability to waltz past defenders so easily puts Bothroyd in another league, hence his deserved England call-up. Shame it all went downhill from there.

In view of the ridiculous amounts of money splashed out on highly overrated players like Rhodes etc, can you imagine how much Bothroyd would have been worth had he been able to maintain his form beyond that golden period of his.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Adrian Alston, when Evans tapped it to him from the kick off and he tried to score from the half way line that summed him up. A pure class entertainer. Can any remember who we were playing? :old:

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:42 pm

Alston&Evans wrote:Adrian Alston, when Evans tapped it to him from the kick off and he tried to score from the half way line that summed him up. A pure class entertainer. Can any remember who we were playing? :old:

Brighton.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:55 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
GummiTheBluebird wrote:Phil Stant closely followed by Blakey and a little gem who was amazing for six games and then disappeared called Darren Adams who was meant to be Blake’s successor boy disappeared.. hell of a left foot.. we used to sing the Adams family song for him loll

That’s the boy.. was one hell of a strike left footed if I’m not mistaken short stocky kid

If I'm right, didn't he score with a helluva shot against Wrexham at home ? Disappeared shortly after that, which was strange as we thought we had some player on our hands.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Oh ah Graham kavanagh