Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Plymouth Fans last night, 614 mile rd trip '

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Plymouth Fans last night, bottom of Div 1(old div 3) took 428 away fans to Blackburn 614 mile rd trip on a Tuesday night, Brilliant away support in my opinion :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Plymouth Fans last night, 610 mile rd trip '

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:07 pm

614 mile round trip, bottom of the league plus it’s a Tuesday night and they haven’t won in 11 games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Plymouth Fans last night, 614 mile rd trip '

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Almost everywhere is a long trip for them. Their away support is excellent and they have ( or at least had, years ago) a big Supporters Club in London.

I actually thought they would have taken a few more last night as I think it'll be their first trip to Blackburn for maybe 30 years ?

They had some good numbers last year when they were going for promotion

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Almost everywhere is a long trip for them. Their away support is excellent and they have ( or at least had, years ago) a big Supporters Club in London.

I actually thought they would have taken a few more last night as I think it'll be their first trip to Blackburn for maybe 30 years ?

Come on Tim, they are bottom of div 3, not won for 11 games, they deserve total respect for that support.

Even now most Saturday games they take a 1,000 away fans.
They are away to AFC Wimbledon who they have played quite a few times recently and a 1,000 Plymouth fans are going, another long journey. Plymouth only get 9,000 at home.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Almost everywhere is a long trip for them. Their away support is excellent and they have ( or at least had, years ago) a big Supporters Club in London.

Come on Tim, they are bottom of div 3, not won for 11 games, they deserve total respect for that support.

They are away to AFC Wimbledon who they have played quite a few times recently and a 1,000 Plymouth fans are going, another long journey. Plymouth only get 9,000 at home.

I'm not knocking their support, if anything it's a compliment that I expected them to take more.

As for them being bottom, it's early days yet and they've only just come up, I'd expect and hope that their heads haven't dropped yet.
Talking to a few of their staff at our friendly down there in July survival would probably be their target for this season

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'm not knocking their support, if anything it's a compliment that I expected them to take more.

As for them being bottom, it's early days yet and they've only just come up, I'd expect and hope that their heads haven't dropped yet.
Talking to a few of their staff at our friendly down there in July survival would probably be their target for this season

Tim, I hope they stay up as they have loyal following, I always believed we were similar clubs with large surrounding areas to pull from :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Agree. It was also a great trip down there pre season.

We've pushed on a bit since the 2 clubs were neck and neck about 15 -20 years ago, but there's still loads of potential there.

Also as much as Home Park has character, if they do get back up to the Championship and want to push on they will need a new ground

By the way, they also have a 'Northern Branch' to their supporters club and an Avon one. Their London branch has 300 members.

The fall out from the rebrand had a big effect on our London branch 1927 club and although some are trying to rebuild it , it will be a long time before its back to where it was

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Agree. It was also a great trip down there pre season.

We've pushed on a bit since the 2 clubs were neck and neck about 15 -20 years ago, but there's still loads of potential there.

Also as much as Home Park has character, if they do get back up to the Championship and want to push on they will need a new ground

By the way, they also have a 'Northern Branch' to their supporters club and an Avon one. Their London branch has 300 members.

The fall out from the rebrand had a big effect on our London branch 1927 club and although some are trying to rebuild it , it will be a long time before its back to where it was

Tim, I honestly think clubs like Plymouth have kep their diehard supporters and we lost hundreds away and a few thousand at home due to the REBRAND/RED BRIGADE ,we don't take away what many clubs in the lower leagues and Non Leagues take away anymore :cry:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tim, I honestly think clubs like Plymouth have kep their diehard supporters and we lost hundreds away and a few thousand at home due to the REBRAND/RED BRIGADE ,we don't take away what many clubs in the lower leagues and Non Leagues take away anymore :cry:

What Cardiff have and always had, is a very high percentage of our away following are lads A lot of teams down the years have said that. Comments like Cardiff only brought 750 but 400 of them were lads

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:22 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What Cardiff have and always had, is a very high percentage of our away following are lads A lot of teams down the years have said that. Comments like Cardiff only brought 750 but 400 of them were lads

Thats exactly what happened and prob more lads going away than nearly any other club :thumbright:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:40 pm

They came away with a point as well. They must have a better bus than us.