Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LEE TOMLIN IN CROWN COURT / GBH '

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:34 am

Cardiff City striker Lee Tomlin appears in court over alleged attack that saw man's jaw broken in nightclub

Billy Kee had pleaded not guilty, but Lee Tomlin elected not to enter a plea.

By Josh Payne, National Press Association

Friday 20th October 2017

Cardiff City forward Lee Tomlin has appeared in court alongside another footballer charged with grievous bodily harm after a man’s jaw was allegedly broken in a nightclub brawl.

Bluebirds star Tomlin, who signed for the club from Bristol City in the summer, was charged in connection with an alleged assault at Ghost nightclub in Leicester on January 22, along with League Two striker Billy Kee.

Tomlin, 28, of Speedwell Drive, Broughton Astley, and Accrington Stanley’s Kee, 26, of Rothley Road, Mountsorrel, spoke only to confirm their names at Leicester Crown Court today.

Kee had pleaded not guilty and Tomlin elected not to enter a plea at a previous hearing.

Judge Steven Coupland granted both men unconditional bail until the next hearing on November 20 at Leicester Crown Court.

Accrington Stanley Striker Billy Kee, 26, outside court
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' LEE TOMLIN IN CROWN COURT / GBH '

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:51 am

The legal process takes its time. In the meantime we have an understandably very worried very expensive player who can’t possibly be at his best.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:53 am

bluebird58 wrote:The legal process takes its time. In the meantime we have an understandably very worried very expensive player who can’t possibly be at his best.

Agreed, personally I believe he is a bad signing and very costly so far.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:The legal process takes its time. In the meantime we have an understandably very worried very expensive player who can’t possibly be at his best.

definitely not Neil Warnock's finest hour signing tomlin.

hopefully this is concluded asap and he can concentrate fully on the job in hand - and not get involved with stuff like this in future :thumbright:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

I can't believe he was signed without an undertaking to move closer to Cardiff.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Well my mate went straight to prison for gbh breaking someones jaw with no previous convictions, dont look too good for tomlin? What do people think?
Tomlin could serve few months minimum then that could be the season finished by the time hes out of jail

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I can't believe he was signed without an undertaking to move closer to Cardiff.

same here..

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I suppose we should not be too surprised with this signing, we have a bit of history with bad signings in recent years. I think it is only a matter of time before we fork out several million pounds on a player who will subsequently be found to have actually passed away many years ago.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I suppose we should not be too surprised with this signing, we have a bit of history with bad signings in recent years. I think it is only a matter of time before we fork out several million pounds on a player who will subsequently be found to have actually passed away many years ago.

Steve, It looks like still our club has never ever learnt, surely the club dies full back ground checks, madness still.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..i did find that funny
Warnock spoke quite positeively about him earlier, and explained his lack of game time..i honestly think the way we have played so far was something that developed rather than was plan A..he does say there will be games coming up where Lee needs to grasp the opportunity {~i assume home games against bottom 8 clubs }

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:44 pm

I think it's more footballing reasons. Or else why would he be on the bench if he wasn't ready?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:48 pm

nubbsy wrote:I think it's more footballing reasons. Or else why would he be on the bench if he wasn't ready?

your correct ,and if you read what Warnock said earlier today it confirms it..he talks about strength in midfield and games coming up not about GBH.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve, It looks like still our club has never ever learnt, surely the club dies full back ground checks, madness still.

Obviously NW is lying then because at no point does he refer to the court case as a reason for not playing tomlin! He is clearly stating its footballing reasons, and as he's a NW signing the blame lands squarely on him. After all Patterson was signed by NW even though he was injured and he said he persuaded board to back his judgement guess hes done same regarding tomlin. :old:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:51 pm

I think Warnock knows what he's doing. Since when did anyone on here manage a football league club? :lol: Let's see what happens before the knives dig into Neil Warnock's back.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:18 pm

If Warnock not picking him for footballing reasons then imo hes got it wrong , the teams desperately in need of creativity from midfield,Huffing and puffing will only get you so far.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:If Warnock not picking him for footballing reasons then imo hes got it wrong , the teams desperately in need of creativity from midfield,Huffing and puffing will only get you so far.

yes 2nd in the league.
youd swear we were bottom 3 and lost 4 nil last week..DESPERATELY.?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 pm

dogfound wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:If Warnock not picking him for footballing reasons then imo hes got it wrong , the teams desperately in need of creativity from midfield,Huffing and puffing will only get you so far.

yes 2nd in the league.

2nd in October means nothing, think we'll get battered tomorrow,hope i'm wrong.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes 2nd in the league.

it means to date we have played well enough to be the second best team in this division.....like yourself i dont have a crystalball for the future...but it certainly doesnt suggest desperation..or whole sale changes.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:27 pm

:occasion5:
dogfound wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes 2nd in the league.

it means to date we have played well enough to be the second best team in this division.....like yourself i dont have a crystalball for the future...but it certainly doesnt suggest desperation..or whole sale changes.

Idon't think the team needs wholesale changes, just lacking a play maker,like Tomlin.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:09 am

I think Tomlin is a play maker and good going forward but poor tracking back and defending why I think Warnock said what he said . However I'm sure Tomlin must be worried about what is happening with this over his head but I am wondering he was there but is not the person who actually attacked the person I don't know

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:06 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I think Tomlin is a play maker and good going forward but poor tracking back and defending why I think Warnock said what he said . However I'm sure Tomlin must be worried about what is happening with this over his head but I am wondering he was there but is not the person who actually attacked the person I don't know

i agree ,yes he must be worried...but we all have trials and tribulations in our lives including footballers..deaths in family..divorces..illness of loved ones. financial..etc etc.. being on in court is not a 24/7 worry that prevents people from work..and from NWs remarks is not the case here.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:36 pm

" Lee Tomlin Back Again In Crown Court In November / But "
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189225

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" Lee Tomlin Back Again In Crown Court In November / But "
Link

tbh mate im far more concerned that he seemingly has been allowed to live up there.
especially as that became a big problem at Bristol and is a contributory factor in him being in court..

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:53 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" Lee Tomlin Back Again In Crown Court In November / But "
Link

tbh mate im far more concerned that he seemingly has been allowed to live up there.
especially as that became a big problem at Bristol and is a contributory factor in him being in court..

Thats a valid point, he should not be allowed.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:39 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:laughing6:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:10 am

I don’t get the commute from Leicester to Cardiff - it’s totally random unless he lives here during a training week returns on his days off?! Just don’t get it