' Fair play Well Done to these Cardiff Fans '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:54 am

On the road again, Middlesbrough Away. Come on the bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:

Its pay on the day :bluebird: :bluebird:

Talbot Green/Llantrisant Blues :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
22519306_1597797463574658_1616568540535826230_n.jpg
22519306_1597797463574658_1616568540535826230_n.jpg (76.7 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Fair play Well Done to these Cardiff Fans '

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:35 am

Reminds me of myself in younger days. Mini bus away with city has always been the best trips for me.
boyo1927

Postby Xcasual » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:51 am

boyo1927 wrote:Reminds me of myself in younger days. Mini bus away with city has always been the best trips for me.

Me too mate ,Up at 6 and home at midnight. Best times of your life with real mates.
Xcasual

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 am

Xcasual wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Reminds me of myself in younger days. Mini bus away with city has always been the best trips for me.

Me too mate ,Up at 6 and home at midnight. Best times of your life with real mates.

Spot on :thumbright: best ever times, great away days these, no moaning/ no excuses just getting on with a great away trip :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:20 am

Good on them
But I'm too old now for mini buses
Drove up with the wife yesterday
Left Cardiff 11 . 15 am arrived at hotel 6 .45pm
Staying 2 nights drive back Sunday
Nukes and Chris Jacob staying in same hotel classy
troobloo3339

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:26 am

Xcasual wrote:

Luxury.

All my mates could afford was a clapped out van that required a wing and a prayer to get us there and back. It was so bad we avoided the motorways as we all would have to have gone bankrupt to get the thing towed of the road.

Got a couple of stories where we just banned the vehicle in the middle of England and hitched our way back.
Bakedalasker

Postby canton blueboy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:29 am

well done lads who remembers the removal wagon from Canton in the 70s that was proper comfort
canton blueboy

Postby Jock » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:07 pm

A mini bus :o it was a dodgy transit van from Barry for me, with about 20 of us bouncing about the back sat on milk crates :lol: funny how Desi always got one of the front seats :roll:
Jock

Postby Xcasual » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

Spot on :thumbright: best ever times, great away days these, no moaning/ no excuses just getting on with a great away trip :bluebird:

And no camera phones :thumbup:
Xcasual

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Xcasual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

And no camera phones :thumbup:

:lol:

Def not :thumbup:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Alarm set at 4.30 this morning. Fantastic day. All together. Great result and distance doesn't matter when you are as happy as this.
Lawnmower

Postby Xcasual » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Alarm set at 4.30 this morning. Fantastic day. All together. Great result and distance doesn't matter when you are as happy as this.

Good effort mate :occasion5:
Xcasual

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Never been to Boro but traveled by coach to Sunderland and flew up to Newcastle. By coach it's a hell of a journey and anyone who went well done. Always worth it after a win :bluescarf: :occasion5:
2blue2handle

Postby Xcasual » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:59 pm

I’ve done Hartlepool & Darlington over the years ,Hell of a trip. If I remember right I’m sure we had a double decker to Darlington? Anyone remember when it went off outside the pub ?
Xcasual

Postby MOZZER1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:56 pm

respect to those who went today :ayatollah:

hate long trips . xcasual not sure what year I went to darlington think it was early 90's we got beat as usual .lol we took loads think it was end of season

went by train and after the game the walk back to the station was like a war zone . it's strange when I read about hooligism back in the day about millwall , Chelsea etc but the worst encounters I/v ever had to endure when I went to Barnsley in 1983 and darlington away .lol

thankfully everything has moved on
MOZZER1

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:07 am

Is there a group that goes from Rhondda Valley? Based in Gelli moved up here year and a half ago and know nobody keen to link up if there’s anything
Blue_Barber

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Got to love the piss pot in the front of the pic... :lol:

Been on a few of these trips over the years. I have to admit, I favour the old green watering can myself. (luxury travel)
:old: :thumbup: :laughing6:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby RV Casual » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:respect to those who went today :ayatollah:

hate long trips . xcasual not sure what year I went to darlington think it was early 90's we got beat as usual .lol we took loads think it was end of season

went by train and after the game the walk back to the station was like a war zone . it's strange when I read about hooligism back in the day about millwall , Chelsea etc but the worst encounters I/v ever had to endure when I went to Barnsley in 1983 and darlington away .lol

That Darlington trip must have been the last day of the season that we got to the Play Offs and lost against Northampton. Think we took about 2,000 and loads of lads, was pictures of the trouble in Lakeys book :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby MOZZER1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 pm

I haven't read lakeys book but yes you are right thinking about it now being the last game of the season . the thing I remember most about that day when I got back to the station after walking through a war zone where there was serious disorder was picking up 2 welsh flags on the station and bringing back to Cardiff . the one flag read Cardiff brat boys on it . I asked about the next season who's flag it was no one never heard of the brat boys . think it's still stuck in the attic of my former house .lol
MOZZER1

Postby Xcasual » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:

That Darlington trip must have been the last day of the season that we got to the Play Offs and lost against Northampton. Think we took about 2,000 and loads of lads, was pictures of the trouble in Lakeys book :thumbup:

That’s one cos I took the photos :D We were on the pitch after the game. :bluescarf:
Xcasual

Postby Xcasual » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Northampton away was pretty naughty ,Lots of battles all day and night. Remember Cardiff charging up the banking outside the ground just before the final whiskey.
Xcasual

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Xcasual wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Northampton away was pretty naughty ,Lots of battles all day and night. Remember Cardiff charging up the banking outside the ground just before the final whiskey.

Whiskey ? Predictive text ? :D :banghead: :laughing6:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Xcasual » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:49 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Whiskey ? Predictive text ? :D :banghead: :laughing6:

:laughing5:
Xcasual

Return to General Chat