Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Lee Tomlin Back Again In Crown Court In November / But "

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:49 am

But you never know reading the Judges comments it might be throw out as it looks like the case might not be going anywhere and one side might not have got their case in order, which hopefully is the prosecution :thumbright:

Plus you never know the person hurt might drop the case, if he doesn't then it might be very worrying?

Adjourning the case to November 3, Judge Steven Coupland told the defendants: “Both sides need more time to see where this case is actually going.

Former Bristol City midfielder Lee Tomlin in court accused of attack outside nightclub

The Cardiff midfielder was playing for Bristol City at the time of the attack

Football Lee Tomlin has yet to put his plea in and the other player Kee has pleaded Not guilty.

Bristol Post

Saturday 21st October 2017

A former Bristol City player has appeared before a crown court judge charged with grievous bodily harm after an alleged assault outside a nightclub.

Lee Tomlin, 28, was a Bristol City player when he was allegedly involved in a fight in Leicester on January 22 this year alongside Accrington Stanley striker Billy Kee, 26.

The pair spoke only to answer their names at Leicester Crown Court on Friday, October 20.

The 10-minute plea and trial preparation hearing was then adjourned for two weeks, because the prosecutor and both defence counsel requested more time, the Leicester Mercury reports.

Jeremy Janes was representing the Crown with Chris Daw QC acting for Tomlin and barrister, Phillip Holden, for Kee.

The footballers are alleged to have been in a fight outside Ghost nightclub, in Market Place, Leicester, in the early hours of January 22, in which a man suffered a broken jaw.

Kee pleaded not guilty at an earlier Leicester City Magistrates’ Court hearing and Tomlin has yet to enter a plea.

Both men began their footballing careers as part of Leicester City’s youth set up.

Tomlin’s senior career has also featured spells at Rushden & Diamonds, Peterborough United, Middlesborough and Bournemouth with Cardiff signing him for £2.9 million from City in July.

Adjourning the case to November 3, Judge Steven Coupland told the defendants: “Both sides need more time to see where this case is actually going.

“You can have bail on the same terms and conditions as before.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Lee Tomlin Back Again In Crown Court In November / But

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Peterborough Fan FB

Justin Bentley:

We had Tomlin at Posh, one of the most gifted players I've seen but an absolute loon. If he could have kept his weight and his head he'd have played at the highest level for a long time.

Re: " Lee Tomlin Back Again In Crown Court In November / But

Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Peterborough Fan FB

Justin Bentley:

We had Tomlin at Posh, one of the most gifted players I've seen but an absolute loon. If he could have kept his weight and his head he'd have played at the highest level for a long time.

He obviously talented and a big risk when we bought him......some players under good management can tow the lone others you have to give up......I hope I’m wrong but....not for me.. :ayatollah: