How good are we?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How good are we?

Postby Pencoed » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Over quarter of the season gone already played and beaten four of the top six and beaten two of last season relagated teams away from home.
Really starting to believe top two is more than capable.
Pencoed

How good are we?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: How good are we?

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 pm

I think we have a top 6 squad who can go the distance. Top 2 will all depend on how we keep momentum. Interesting we have never lost 2 games on the bounce under warnock. We have the basis in defence of a very good team. Patterson to come back. Interesting times ahead.
2blue2handle

Postby nubbsy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 pm

What's giving me confidence as the season goes along is that we are grinding out results from some average performances and when we do play we'll were murdering teams. We need to cut out the odd shockers we're having and we'll be right up there.
nubbsy

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 pm

My big worry is we seem to do very well against the big teams or teams who are in the top 10 but we struggle a bit when we play teams who are either in that midtable position or bottom half of the league. Seems we are really up for it when we are deemed the underdogs but when we are the favourites we seem to struggle a bit.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Better than last year ... And the 2 seasons before ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:00 am

The last 2 times I have beefed us up was before Preston and Birmingham, ask Troobloo.

For me atm failure to get a top 6 spot will be a disaster. To achieve a top 2 position we need to sort out the problem we have of not having any of our strikers scoring regularly.
Bakedalasker

Postby davids » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:02 pm

We really weren't great yesterday at all.

But we won, kept a clean sheet away against a pre season promotion favourite who spent MILLIONS over the summer, and put one over on that tw*t Gary Monk! :thumbup:

Happy days. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
davids

Postby theclaw » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The last 2 times I have beefed us up was before Preston and Birmingham, ask Troobloo.

For me atm failure to get a top 6 spot will be a disaster. To achieve a top 2 position we need to sort out the problem we have of not having any of our strikers scoring regularly.

Agree we a regular scorer
theclaw

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:25 pm

We are very good at what we do...the table shows that right now! :ayatollah:

After many pre-season predictions, the team have performed exceptionally well and beyond what most of us honestly believed we would before it all kicked off!

The key motivating factor? One Mr. Neil Warnock and his exceptional management style! :thumbright: :notworthy:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The last 2 times I have beefed us up was before Preston and Birmingham, ask Troobloo.

bit torn on this..yes on one hand be great if we had a 20 goal a season striker .on the other hand if say Zohore was on 7 or 8 so far we,the manager and the other players would all now be 10 times more concerned about his injury.
at the moment it all seems to be working fine long may it last.
dogfound

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:58 pm

I'll reserve judgement until the next international break.

We need to show we can beat the mid table sides and not just the top ones.
Lawnmower

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 pm

I'll reserve judgement until the next international break.

We need to show we can beat the mid table sides and not just the top ones.
Lawnmower

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 pm

For me, it's not about how good we are. It's more about getting the buzz back as a club.

Thanks to a certain Mr Warnock, we are are well on the way.
We may get promoted this year, we may fall short, but this to me this is the season we got our club back.
Not fully yet, but, we as a club are on our way, and to you Sir, Mr W, I raise my glass. :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Return to General Chat