Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Surely Surely '

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:50 am

It will be a total sell out for Cardiff Fans for the first time in 14 years :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Two weeks time

Bristol City v Cardiff City (Local derby game ) Approx 3,000 tickets for Cardiff fans :bluebird: :bluebird:

If Cardiff sell the 3,000 tickets they can have the whole end 3,700 tickets :thumbright:

38 miles /40 mins drive (less for some/ a bit more for others) :thumbright: :thumbright:

Saturday 4th November 2017 :bluebird: :bluebird:

:thumbright: " Tickets on Sale Now " :thumbright:

Fans can make their own way, Car, train,minibus or on coaches :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tel Vince Alm 07814779441 to travel by coaches :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

BE NEIL WARNOCKS 12TH MAN :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Surely Surely '

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:20 am

:bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:24 am

How many have been sold so far?

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 am

Driving to Bristol with my son :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:38 am

Leeds took 3,700 fans yesterday, Villa the same and Bristol City is Cardiff;s local derby.

We might get more than 3,000 tickets if the demand is there and surely it will be :thumbright:

Leeds fans 3,700 away yet at Bristol City after a run of bad defeats.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 am

Can’t compare villa and Leeds to us they are big big clubs.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 am

DEANO wrote:Can’t compare villa and Leeds to us they are big big clubs.

Ok forget them clubs, I will compare Lincoln,Bristol Rovers,Grimsby,Carlisle,Exeter,Notts County,Plymouth,Pompey they take that many at least for big games a fact :thumbright:

Deano, this is our local derby match, without a doubt 3,700 tickets should be sold, 40min journey, even div 2/3 clubs take this many away.

Everyone makes comments about clubs up North taking 5,000 fans as they are less than an hr away from each other, well this is the biggest match of the season (local derby game), less than 40mins away.

Just been chatting to Vince, he lives in Fairwater/ Cardiff and he can get to Ashton Gate by car in 40 mins.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:48 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:How many have been sold so far?

Just spoke to Vince, selling well, over a 1,000 already sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:56 am

I can't see them giving us 3700, the police there are edgy about it anyway, hence the early kick off.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:59 am

Lawnmower wrote:I can't see them giving us 3700, the police there are edgy about it anyway, hence the early kick off.

Tim, just spoke to Vince,yes we can have 3,700 tickets if we can sell them :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:59 am

I’m off down to get mine and the old mans tomorrow cannot wait first ever away game!!

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 am

Blue_Barber wrote:I’m off down to get mine and the old mans tomorrow cannot wait first ever away game!!

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 am

I hope we break the 3k mark!

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:26 am

Can't wait , I'll be flying over from Belfast for the Bristol game, cantfrigging wait !

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am

nubbsy wrote:I hope we break the 3k mark!

Jack, 3,000 will be good :thumbright: and will give City an amazing backing and will out sing the Worzels :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 am

Belfast bluebird wrote:Can't wait , I'll be flying over from Belfast for the Bristol game, cantfrigging wait !

:thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 am

You going to be able to get over Annis ?

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:33 am

Belfast bluebird wrote:You going to be able to get over Annis ?

Flights are only twice a week in November, So I would have to have 4 days in Cardiff, so I have booked Norwich home on a Friday night in November. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 am

Nice one

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am

What will restrict the crowd is the £32 ticket price.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 am

Belfast bluebird wrote:Nice one

:thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:54 am

Bluesman wrote:What will restrict the crowd is the £32 ticket price.

City fans paid £45-£55 in the Prem every other week nearly and had long distances to travel and sold out :bluebird: :bluebird:

You can share a car for say £8 max each :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

And FREE car parking for away fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:02 am

Where do you park the car for Ashton gate ?

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 am

llan bluebird wrote:Where do you park the car for Ashton gate ?

You don’t you take your Mrs to drop you off while she shops and you support lol

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 am

llan bluebird wrote:Where do you park the car for Ashton gate ?

You can park Free by the away coaches,hundreds of spaces :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Times have changed I’m afraid. 1500 to 2000 is my best guess.

We should have 25,000 plus for the next two home league games as well but it’s not going to happen - I can’t see either game getting over 20,000.

I can’t see the crowds increasing significantly unless we are still top at Christmas and into the New Year.

And you can’t blame the rebrand either! In our last promotion season, when we played in red, the lowest home crowd of the season was 20,058 (against Hull). We’ve already had 4 games below that total this season.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

City fans paid £45-£55 in the Prem every other week nearly and had long distances to travel and sold out :bluebird: :bluebird:

Using the premier league is a poor argument though. Of course people are gonna spend the extra cash to watch a premier league game since it's a higher quality of football. The same way league 2 fans wouldn't pay championship prices for league 2 football but would pay if their team was promoted to that level.

An out of football analogy would be; you wouldn't pay £500 a night for a holiday inn in Norwich but you would pay those prices for a 5* hotel in the heart of New York.

In the PL you go to some of the world's most famous stadiums, watch players who have played in World Cup, Champions League and Euro finals. It was also the first time in 50 years we had played many of those teams so it was a novelty.

All that aside I'm going to Bristol and can't wait :)

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:53 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Using the premier league is a poor argument though. Of course people are gonna spend the extra cash to watch a premier league game since it's a higher quality of football. The same way league 2 fans wouldn't pay championship prices for league 2 football but would pay if their team was promoted to that level.

An out of football analogy would be; you wouldn't pay £500 a night for a holiday inn in Norwich but you would pay those prices for a 5* hotel in the heart of New York.

In the PL you go to some of the world's most famous stadiums, watch players who have played in World Cup, Champions League and Euro finals. It was also the first time in 50 years we had played many of those teams so it was a novelty.

All that aside I'm going to Bristol and can't wait :)

Ok, lets take Prem away,ok lets not include all the lower divisions clubs big away fans,ok lets forget other clubs pay higher prices and turn up at other grounds in their thousands etc. All the other clubs visiting Bristol City are paying and turning up in their thousands,yet we are their closest club :thumbright: :bluebird:

We seem to be the only club that has fans that make excuses,excuses, from the weather,park football, early kick off, live on sky,distance, everyone is on holidays,kids in school etc etc How do other clubs still take massive away supports, surely they all live in the UK under the same conditions?

Don't forget where we are in the Championship and on current performances on our way to the Premier League :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I can't see them giving us 3700, the police there are edgy about it anyway, hence the early kick off.

Tim, just spoke to Vince,yes we can have 3,700 tickets if we can sell them :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Very surprised if they give us that, given that they have restricted us to just over 2000 last couple of times.
I expect he'll be at the SLO meeting tomorrow- I'll ask him what's changed if I get chance