' ' THE FIRST QUARTER IS THE HARDEST '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Whistler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:22 am

Now entering the second quarter of the season City are siting nicely in 2nd place, the 27 points gained in the first 13 matches show that we have played all bar one of the top eight sides in the table. This 2nd quarter will see us playing mid to lower table teams which should give us the opportunity to consolidate our place near the automatic promotion places.
I am the kind of guy who's glass is always half full.

I would predict that at the half way point of 23 games we will still be in the top 2 and have collected 48 points. What do you guys think?
:occasion5:
Whistler

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' ' THE FIRST QUARTER IS THE HARDEST '

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 am

Not sure about top 2 but certainly it shows we will be in shake up at end season!
pembroke allan

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:06 am

Top one if the wind blows the right way :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby since64 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:15 am

Whistler wrote:' ' THE FIRST QUARTER IS THE HARDEST '

Now entering the second quarter of the season City are siting nicely in 2nd place, the 27 points gained in the first 13 matches show that we have played all bar one of the top eight sides in the table. This 2nd quarter will see us playing mid to lower table teams which should give us the opportunity to consolidate our place near the automatic promotion places.

I would predict that at the half way point of 23 games we will still be in the top 2 and have collected 48 points. What do you guys think?

I think you should not count your chickens,this is the Championship best most even league in the world,probably
since64

Postby dogfound » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:58 pm

since64 wrote:

I think you should not count your chickens,this is the Championship best most even league in the world,probably[/qu

there really is no evidence of this...its the championship...most even lge in the world thing..its just something pple repeat without thought.. the spread from top to bottom was a whooping 71 points last season and is already 23 points this season.
dogfound

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:21 pm

If we’re in the top three by the middle of November, then I think we’ll be in a decent place towards making the top six.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
since64 wrote:

I think you should not count your chickens,this is the Championship best most even league in the world,probably[/qu

there really is no evidence of this...its the championship...most even lge in the world thing..its just something pple repeat without thought.. the spread from top to bottom was a whooping 71 points last season and is already 23 points this season.

Well I kinda see his point and yours too.The top 6 are all showing auto promotion form with the top 3 averaging over 2 pts per game.Something has to give soon.Certainly the money some clubs have compared to others is starting to show and this may well be the way things will go now that it seems foreign investment seems looking more and more at buying a championship club with potential(villa) than a prem club with none.(swansea town)
Sneggyblubird

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
since64 wrote:

Well I kinda see his point and yours too.The top 6 are all showing auto promotion form with the top 3 averaging over 2 pts per game.Something has to give soon.Certainly the money some clubs have compared to others is starting to show and this may well be the way things will go now that it seems foreign investment seems looking more and more at buying a championship club with potential(villa) than a prem club with none.(swansea town)

Well the cost is lower in championship but the rewards are greater if get it right!
pembroke allan

Postby nojac » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:01 pm

I like to take it one game at a time,but I'm now going to stretch it to one month at a time.
Top at the end of August
Top at the end of September
Now let's see where we are at the end of October ???
Neil Warnock said, and I quote "if we can be in the top 6, after a tough September and October.
I will be quietly confident of a promotion push". So hopefully at the next international break we can still be top 2, and pushing for promotion.
nojac

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:49 pm

End of August just ahead of the Fulham game I said I reckoned somewhere between 15 and 18 points from Fulham through to Ipswich would be great. Two games to go I reckon we'll pick up either 4 or 6 which will be between 15 and 17 points which may well see us finish October back up top.

I can see a possible mini wobble for Wolves next couple of games with QPR and Norwich away and same for Sheff Utd with Leeds and QPR (QPR might do us a couple of favours in the next couple of weeks actually)

Fancy Leeds to beat Derby at home but not a given either.

That leaves us right up the top come the end of October.

Across November realistically I'd say something between 8 and 10 points is great but 12 (and another manager of the month accolade) is not unthinkable - no one we should be hugely afraid of.

As for the rest of the current top 6...

Wolves have Fulham, Reading, Leeds and Bolton - not an easy run - I reckon they'll take 7 points from that lot

Sheff Utd have a slightly easier run in Hull, Burton, Fulham and Birmingham but I have a sneaky feeling they are going to fall away and have a feeling Burton will do them and think they'll take just 4 points across November

Leeds have a mixed bag with Brentford, Boro, Wolves and Barnsley - 7 points in there for them for me

Villa have a similar month to Leeds with Preston, Wednesday, QPR, and Sunderland ahead of them - 3 draws and a win I reckon so 6 points

Norwich have Bolton, Barnsley, Forest, and Preston and I fancy them to do well across these picking up 9 points.

So I reckon end of November the table will look something a little like this:

1. Cardiff 39pts
2. Wolves 37pts
3. Norwich 35pts
4. Leeds 34pts
5. Sheff Utd 33pts
6. Villa 29pts

Outside of the top 6 I think Forest may be knocking on the door of the play-off positions by the end of November and Bristol will be back in mid table (They have us, Preston, Wednesday, & Hull)

Glass half full as always mind you so probably miles off :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Return to General Chat