Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Will they beat us? "

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:12 am

WILL MILLWALL - BEAT US UP?

This Millwall team are an honest to goodness, down to earth, no nonsense football team with no fluff. I admire that. :thumbright:

They have very few foreign players, they have nobody on loan, they play with a classical 4-4-2 formation and have no stars. Just an honest hard working bunch going about their business - a bit like a normal fan like us.

"Their manager Neil Harris had the bulk of his career with Millwall and is their all time top goal scorer - so he is an in house Lion."

My fear is that while we have no problems in dealing with fancied teams we have struggled with some lesser teams who have an attitude. Millwall are that! Preston and Birmingham beat us up and wanted it more.

Our crowd needs to be patient and keep getting behind the team :bluebird:

Yes we should beat Millwall comfortably.

But the question is will we take our foot of the pedal against this unfancied side? We seem to lose our attitude and work ethics. The bottom line is 'ITS A QUESTION OF ATTITUDE'.

I shotldn't be - but I am wary. Are you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Will they beat us? "

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 am

NO

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:27 am

You are right Annis and it’s a bit like us at Wolves really.
Do we try to pick a team and match their enthusiasm shall we say or do we go about our normal routine and out play them and hopefully let the ref take care of his business.
For me pick your strongest side and as you say we should be to good for them.
Could do with Gunner back for this ☝️

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 am

Totally agree... it s like they are not up for certain games...Preston and Birmingham went at us from the start and we never reacted...if millwall do the same.. will we react or not .. it remains to be seen.. i am bemused...if we go at them like we did against leeds ..great...we cannot wait for things to happen, we have to make them happen :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 am

Fair Shout

We will need to match them. I hope that we can get 3 points off them as teams like this will now park the bus against us and hope to take a point, just like Derby.

:bluebird:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:58 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see us draw this one purely on way they play but will win against Ipswich again just by way they normally play! :old:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:04 pm

I feel/fear/think that against teams like Millwall we somehow lose our 'attitude' and get outdone at our own game . If we fail to make the grade this season - it will not be because of Wolves, Villa and Middlesbro but because of Preston and Millwall !!!

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 pm

I reckon we will batter them 4-1

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Its going to be a very tough match, they all are in this division. In saying that they are only a few points of pushing right up the table, 3 points and they could be 9th and looking towards the play offs. Its one we would hope to win of course but id taking a 1-0 straight away.

I remember Harris having a couple of games for us back quite a few years ago.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its going to be a very tough match, they all are in this division. In saying that they are only a few points of pushing right up the table, 3 points and they could be 9th and looking towards the play offs. Its one we would hope to win of course but id taking a 1-0 straight away.

Yes he did and I remember him scoring an absolutely vital free kick away to Leicester which helped us stay up that particular season.

I think that was the season there was all the fuss because we got a loan from somewhere (PFA perhaps?) which enabled us to pay the wages and not have to take a points deduction. :old:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 pm

kimble wrote:Totally agree... it s like they are not up for certain games...Preston and Birmingham went at us from the start and we never reacted...if millwall do the same.. will we react or not .. it remains to be seen.. i am bemused...if we go at them like we did against leeds ..great...we cannot wait for things to happen, we have to make them happen :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I know i'm at risk of sounding like wearing blue tinted specs but I don't think attitude is a problem particularly.

The first XI against Preston had pretty much played every game up to that point and had already started to look tired against Fulham and should have been shaken up really - even Warnock admitted so after the game.

At Brum we were feeling the effects of the game being to close to the International Break plus they had a bit of a new manager bounce (and it was on Sky and we are always shit on Sky).

Think this will be more like the QPR game. A bit of a ding dong with two sides not afraid to embrace the physical side of the game but our little bit more class will see us over the line. Fancy Zohore to score in this if he is back fit.

:ayatollah:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 pm

we have to get at from ko take the game to them pengamblue forecast 2-0 CITY :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its going to be a very tough match, they all are in this division. In saying that they are only a few points of pushing right up the table, 3 points and they could be 9th and looking towards the play offs. Its one we would hope to win of course but id taking a 1-0 straight away.

Luke, I remember Neil Harris being a relatively 'big' signing for us when he arrived from Millwall and I also recall that goal. However, I don't recall his time here being a massive success (although no one could fault his workrate or effort) and I believe he went back to Millwall quite quickly? :thumbright:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:40 pm

was a loan..only started 1 game..Sheff Utd away. and had 2 cameo apps as a sub at home..

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 pm

dogfound wrote:

was a loan..only started 1 game..Sheff Utd away. and had 2 cameo apps as a sub at home..

Really? Wow! I thought he played a bit more than that! :o

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 pm

NO :!:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yeah I thought the same.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

funny how some things seem to stick and gather importance over time.
i remember being enthusiastic about it myself as he had been banging them in for Millwall fr a few years.
but whoever it was who decided to not keep hi was correct...his goal ratio sloped off

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 pm

NO ( AGAIN ) :bluescarf: