Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY ARE VIRTUALLY GIVING THE THEM AWAY '

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:I dunno City can't do ANYTHING right in some people's eyes. I paid for a full season ticket and it would give me great pleasure to see CCS full every game even if new fans get a cheaper ticket than me. At the start of the season you have the option to buy a season ticket, no one puts a gun to your head ffs. :banghead:

Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

i comend those that dont mind paying more and those that buy STs that they know full well they will not get value from {i have done this myself }.
but people are entitled to not share those views .
our price structure is messy and has been for a long time...is no longer clear that a ST saves money..and even this new price list has 28 various amounts...on top of the gold,silver,bronze nonsense..on top of the different prices for pre book and match day..
for years and years it was x amount adults bit cheaper oap and juveniles..and the club gave you a deal for buying STs..simple..

Perhaps (for many) it's simply about commitment to the club? :thumbright:

I'm certainly in that group and once spent, I tend not to give it a second thought and even encourage the club to do what they can to get bums on seats at every opportunity in the (often vain) hope that some of those people will stick around :ayatollah:

a fella came on here..a season ticket holder...who made some valid points..
is there a balance between doing special offers to attract new fans that possibly make existing diehards think a bit harder about buying STs..of course there is..
you telling everyone that your commited is neither here nor there..it doesnt effect YOU, doesnt mean it doesnt effect everyone..

personally i originally thought special offers were fantastic..but after what happened after the Leeds game im really not so sure..loads of people { some of whom would have paid full whack including many south wales leeds fans } got in for a fiver..watched an absolutely fantastic game...then didnt come back.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Bit of a kick in the bollocks for people who have bought flex tickets for 6 games for more or same price! Typical Cardiff City can’t organise anything

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 pm

Bit of a kick in the bollocks for people who have bought flex tickets for 6 games for more or same price! Typical Cardiff City can’t organise anything

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Ask the club if you can upgrade it to a half season ticket

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:44 pm

[quote="northernbluebird"]i pay £419 for my season ticket (used to sit in the £519 area). what message does this send out to the fans who paid full whack? there's running promotions every now and again, and then there's cheapening the value so that it pisses of people who paid £400+ for their tickets.

These tickets work out in general a bit OVER half the cost of a FULL season ticket for the same area of the ground.

Surely that is just fair ?

Kids season ticket in Ninian Stand ( non rainy area) are £49 so just over £2 a game ( full season), bit less than the half season ticket

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:04 pm

NPCC39 wrote:Bit of a kick in the bollocks for people who have bought flex tickets for 6 games for more or same price! Typical Cardiff City can’t organise anything

Why is it? Half ST are sold every year at discounted prices! Flexi tickets are sold at reduced rate aswell if you want half ST and have already bought flexi ones the club wIll exchange them taking cost already paid into account! So where's the problem? :old:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:I dunno City can't do ANYTHING right in some people's eyes. I paid for a full season ticket and it would give me great pleasure to see CCS full every game even if new fans get a cheaper ticket than me. At the start of the season you have the option to buy a season ticket, no one puts a gun to your head ffs. :banghead:

i comend those that dont mind paying more and those that buy STs that they know full well they will not get value from {i have done this myself }.
our price structure is messy and has been for a long time...is no longer clear that a ST saves money..and even this new price list has 28 various amounts...on top of the gold,silver,bronze nonsense..on top of the different prices for pre book and match day..
for years and years it was x amount adults bit cheaper oap and juveniles..and the club gave you a deal for buying STs..simple..

I'm certainly in that group and once spent, I tend not to give it a second thought and even encourage the club to do what they can to get bums on seats at every opportunity in the (often vain) hope that some of those people will stick around :ayatollah:

is there a balance between doing special offers to attract new fans that possibly make existing diehards think a bit harder about buying STs..of course there is..
you telling everyone that your commited is neither here nor there..it doesnt effect YOU, doesnt mean it doesnt effect everyone..

personally i originally thought special offers were fantastic..but after what happened after the Leeds game im really not so sure..loads of people { some of whom would have paid full whack including many south wales leeds fans } got in for a fiver..watched an absolutely fantastic game...then didnt come back.

Once again you mis-quote me and read what you want out of my post. I clearly referred to the possibility of "many" simply committing to their season tickets and then said I was one of that group. The confusion (your way in ;) ) is where I state that "I tend not to give it a second thought", so Iet me rephrase: I simply don't LET it bother me! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Once again you mis-quote me and read what you want out of my post. I clearly referred to the possibility of "many" simply committing to their season tickets and then said I was one of that group. The confusion (your way in ;) ) is where I state that "I tend not to give it a second thought", so Iet me rephrase: I simply don't LET it bother me! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

not really.
do cheap offers make some people have second thoughts on buying STs...was the point..
as it happens i will buy mine either way...but do see the that others may not and therefore in the long run cheap deals ..might..do more harm than good.
dont see where commitment comes into it. talking about people who have bought STs.i assume they are commited . kust maybe not as much as you

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 pm

:bluescarf:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Yep, seen it , my mistake. :oops:

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Still hav not worked these zones out!

Where does it say £59 for students, I never read that on the email I had????

??????

Well I received it saying £59 students etc and so did many others I know :bluebird:

Link
https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/20 ... e-nov-1st/ :bluebird:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm

At what point am I not a plastic or like you say "saying they I have supported City since I was about 11, now (51), when for years and years my job mostly entailed me being no where near Ninian Park or CCS and that includes during the Premier League season and the Cup Finals, but trying to catch it on TV if live or on the Radio if could get it, or anxciously waiting for the results after coming in off patrols.

What is not a plastic, 20 games a season, 30 games a season, every game a season home and away, if I went to Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Cambridge, Millwall etc etc in those dark days (but great fun) of the 80s am I a plastic?

If I have been to 90% of home games this season and now considering getting a half season ticket am I a plastic?

Seems that every one is labelled a plastic for whatever reason, I am persuading a mate to get a half season ticket, he has never been to a footie game in his life apart from the Villa game and Leeds game, he loved it and is now seriously considering getting one and is a converted CCFC supporter who travels from Aberwristwatch.....Will he be called a plastic or welcomed as a fellow City fan who has committed :thumbup: his hard earned money to follow the City?

Maybe your view of plastics could possibly stop fans going
Bluesman wrote:Come on all you plastic fans make the effort to support the team. Get off your backsides and get down to the CCS. NO excuses accepted. I am sure that if we can get big crowds for the remaining games we will get promoted. Then you will have first option for tickets for Premier League football, this is when everyone will want tickets, saying that they have supported the City all their lives. :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:43 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Yep, seen it , my mistake. :oops:

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Still hav not worked these zones out!

Where does it say £59 for students, I never read that on the email I had????

??????

Well I received it saying £59 students etc and so did many others I know :bluebird:

Link
https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/20 ... e-nov-1st/ :bluebird:

:thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Be interesting to see how many ST we have after Xmas? I'm sure the possibility of promotion will sway fans temporarily! :o

Allan, I really don't see what else the club and/or the team's performances can do better to persuade them? :thumbright:

Top at Xmas which we will be, these will fly out with the temptation of securing first dibs on premiership football. :thumbup:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Same here. I couldn't give a shit if someone gets a better deal than I did at the start of the season, getting fans into the stadium is far more important to me than being petty about how much I paid against a Johnny come lately.

All I would say is if we qualify for the play-offs and get to Wembley then full season ticket holders should be catered for first with ticket allocations which I'm sure would happen.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Same here. I couldn't give a shit if someone gets a better deal than I did at the start of the season, getting fans into the stadium is far more important to me than being petty about how much I paid against a Johnny come lately.

All I would say is if we qualify for the play-offs and get to Wembley then full season ticket holders should be catered for first with ticket allocations which I'm sure would happen.

Tony, Spot on again :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Fact is the best deal is STILL a full season ticket.

I really don't see why people aren't just really pleased about this.

From what I've read and heard there's a fair bit of interest too.

By the way over 600 took up the 6-game tickets which is alsogreat.

Just need to keep the form up a bit longer.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:At what point am I not a plastic or like you say "saying they I have supported City since I was about 11, now (51), when for years and years my job mostly entailed me being no where near Ninian Park or CCS and that includes during the Premier League season and the Cup Finals, but trying to catch it on TV if live or on the Radio if could get it, or anxciously waiting for the results after coming in off patrols.

What is not a plastic, 20 games a season, 30 games a season, every game a season home and away, if I went to Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Cambridge, Millwall etc etc in those dark days (but great fun) of the 80s am I a plastic?

If I have been to 90% of home games this season and now considering getting a half season ticket am I a plastic?

Seems that every one is labelled a plastic for whatever reason, I am persuading a mate to get a half season ticket, he has never been to a footie game in his life apart from the Villa game and Leeds game, he loved it and is now seriously considering getting one and is a converted CCFC supporter who travels from Aberwristwatch.....Will he be called a plastic or welcomed as a fellow City fan who has committed :thumbup: his hard earned money to follow the City?

Maybe your view of plastics could possibly stop fans going
Bluesman wrote:Come on all you plastic fans make the effort to support the team. Get off your backsides and get down to the CCS. NO excuses accepted. I am sure that if we can get big crowds for the remaining games we will get promoted. Then you will have first option for tickets for Premier League football, this is when everyone will want tickets, saying that they have supported the City all their lives. :bluescarf:

Personally I have never recognised the phrase 'plastic fan' it is a pathetic description of people who I consider fellow Bluebirds. I have bought a ST's for years but I would never consider myself a better supporter than those who don't.

However, I would love to see more fellow Bluebirds turn up at CCS simply because the club deserve the backing.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fact is the best deal is STILL a full season ticket.

I really don't see why people aren't just really pleased about this.

From what I've read and heard there's a fair bit of interest too.

By the way over 600 took up the 6-game tickets which is alsogreat.

Just need to keep the form up a bit longer.

No argument there :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:15 pm

It's clear that the club are doing absolutely everything and want the 12th man for a promotion push. :thumbup:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Stringfellow wrote:It's clear that the club are doing absolutely everything and want the 12th man for a promotion push. :thumbup:

Gareth, They Certainly are :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

you might not give a shit, but i (and many others) don't like getting taken advantage of, even if its just a few quid here and there. its the principle. i've bought my season ticket through thick and thin, and will continue to do so, but it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth to see the club 'virtually giving them away' after paying full price.

it's like utility companies ripping old people off who never switch - it may only be money, but you shouldn't take advantage of people's loyalty.

it's clear that alot of people are happy to have a dual pricing structure where loyal fans pay the lion share, and plastics pay very little - you're entitled to that view, but i disagree.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:53 am

northernbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

you might not give a shit, but i (and many others) don't like getting taken advantage of, even if its just a few quid here and there. its the principle. i've bought my season ticket through thick and thin, and will continue to do so, but it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth to see the club 'virtually giving them away' after paying full price.

it's like utility companies ripping old people off who never switch - it may only be money, but you shouldn't take advantage of people's loyalty.

it's clear that alot of people are happy to have a dual pricing structure where loyal fans pay the lion share, and plastics pay very little - you're entitled to that view, but i disagree.

The hierarchy are seizing the opportunity of "speculating to accumulate" while the sun shines on the club and whilst it is true that it means some 'floaters' will get an exceptional deal for the remainder of THIS season, it also goes the club an opportunity to keep them on the books for NEXT season and (possibly) beyond :thumbright:

That's certainly okay with me and I'd rather see a full(er) stadium than a half empty one any day! :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:46 am

" NO MORE EXCUSES "
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189395
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189395Link

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm

I havn't bought a season ticket for a few seasons due to commitments but at that price i'll be getting a few soon because at those prices even if we miss the odd few games it's worth it :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:I havn't bought a season ticket for a few seasons due to commitments but at that price i'll be getting a few soon because at those prices even if we miss the odd few games it's worth it :ayatollah:

Spot on Jason :thumbright: :thumbright: Sales should reach at least 18,000 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:39 pm

City have never been a well supported club.

Granted they got the odd huge gate in Europe and a freak one v Hereford but even when they were going for promotion to the old div 1 back in 1970-71 when it was cheap as chips to follow football, they never got past 26,000 [in a stadium that held 50,000] and on some occasions had 14 and 15,000 for some games that season. About 21,000 was the average.

We all know about the 2-3000 crowds in the dark days but even when doing really well under Lawrence and Jones the crowds were mid teens at best.

in the promotion season and then in the PL obviously crowds were bigger but it didn't take long for the crowds to dip back to the mid teens, and even this season they have been average, aside from the Leeds game when they gave away tickets for £5. The next game was back down to the average.

I am unsure why people think City will get bigger crowds.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:49 pm

agree - the stadium is too big for a club of this size. we will never be above a 25,000 club IMO. realistically, as long as we are in the championship, the attendances will be 15-18,000.

nevertheless, accounting for the performances and results under colin, i would have expected more of a shot in the arm in terms of higher attendances.