Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' JAY BOTHROYD STILL GOING... '

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 am

Former Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd is loving life in Japan's J1 League after rolling back the years with superb brace and the former England, Bluebirds and Wolves striker is still going strong

Monday 23rd October 2017

He's best remembered by Cardiff City fans for his lethal strike partnership with Ross McCormack, but Jay Bothroyd is rolling back the years in Japan's J1 League.

The former Ninian Park favourite struck two goals for new club Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo in a 2-1 victory against FC Tokyo on Saturday.

And they were two goals straight from the 35-year-old's copybook, the first a lovely turn and right-footed finish and the second a guided head into the far corner.

The strikes set Sapporo on course for victory and marked Bothroyd's first major contribution since signing for the J1 League outfit.

He joined in the summer from Júbilo Iwata after a spell in Thailand, Bothroyd's last British clubs being Queens Park Rangers and Sheffield Wednesday after he left Cardiff in 2011.

And it appears the once-capped England striker is proving popular and enjoying life in the Far East. He was inundated with messages from Sapporo fans on social media and posted his own delight on Instagram after the game.

Bothroyd said: "It’s always a great feeling when you leave the game with a win! 2-1 today and 2 goals! I’m so happy for Sapporo my team and me. Feeling like red wine better with age."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' JAY BOTHROYD STILL GOING... '

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:38 am

I best remember him for his striking partnership with Michael Chopra.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:48 am

theclaw wrote:I best remember him for his striking partnership with Michael Chopra.

My thoughts exactly. :banghead:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 pm

theclaw wrote:I best remember him for his striking partnership with Michael Chopra.

I thought the same when I read that :lol:

Always likes Jay

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Basically any knowledgeless idiot can write a football piece nowadays.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:54 pm

Another one is kenwyn jones! Hes at atlanta in mls. :thumbup: