Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Premiership Manager Sacked '

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm

KOEMAN SACKED BY EVERTON

Another one bites the dust

23/10/17

Everton have sacked manager Ronald Koeman after Sunday's 5-2 home defeat by Arsenal left them in the Premier League relegation zone.

A statement said the club "would like to express their gratitude to Ronald for the service he has given to the club over the past 16 months".

The Toffees are 18th in the Premier League and have won just two of their nine league games this season.

"I still believe I can change the whole situation," Koeman had said on Sunday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: KOEMAN SACKED BY EVERTON

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Whistler wrote:Another one bites the dust

A good time if your looking for a Premiere League job(Leicester,and maybe West Ham).
Coleman - watch this space,

Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Thought that might happen, as soon as you touch the bottom three in the PL it almost immediately triggers it. I wonder if Moyes will return there?

Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Thought that might happen, as soon as you touch the bottom three in the PL it almost immediately triggers it. I wonder if Moyes will return there?

Big mistake on the club's part in my opinion if they re-employ him. Moyes has proven since he left Everton that he's no top level manager. They can and I'm sure will do better than that.

Re: ' Premiership Manager Sacked '

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:33 pm

i'm not sure what they have to gain from sacking koeman at this moment in time. they clearly aren't going to be relegated, and there isn't a glut of high quality managers jumping out at you.

people got carried away with koeman and expected miracles - he is a solid manager, but not nearly as good as people hyped him up when at southampton. again and again you see managers overhyped, then sacked and then they are useless. the truth is almost always somewhere between.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Never replaced Lukaku and spent the money of too many similar kinds of players. They will be fine but their squad isn’t as good as people make out good Midfield yes but Defense is way too old/not enough and they need a quality target man up top.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:58 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Thought that might happen, as soon as you touch the bottom three in the PL it almost immediately triggers it. I wonder if Moyes will return there?

Big mistake on the club's part in my opinion if they re-employ him. Moyes has proven since he left Everton that he's no top level manager. They can and I'm sure will do better than that.

not so sure...going on points per game and win percentage Moyes has been their best manager since 1990...and never supported financially either.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm

phildavies wrote:Never replaced Lukaku and spent the money of too many similar kinds of players. They will be fine but their squad isn’t as good as people make out good Midfield yes but Defense is way too old/not enough and they need a quality target man up top.

You hit the nail on the head with Lukaku. When you have such a prolific scorer in your team, it can paper over the cracks. Without him last year, they would have finished a lot lower in the league. If Koeman then has to start from scratch without such a talismanic player, it's no wonder they're struggling. Yet another knee jerk reaction from a board horrified at the possibility of dropping out of the top flight.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Right decision. Not just because of their results, but their performances as well. Didn’t seem to have any fight in them and looked weak.

Sean Dyche is the favourite with the bookies, and he’d be a good appointment for them.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Just when Everton fans thought things couldn't get any worse, Sky are reporting that Ryan Giggs is interested in the job! :o :o

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:04 pm

davids wrote:Just when Everton fans thought things couldn't get any worse, Sky are reporting that Ryan Giggs is interested in the job! :o :o

im afraid after the merry go round stops and Giggs once again has failed to get on it we {Wales } will end up with him.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 pm

A surge of bets on the former Blues boss has led to his odds being cut from 16/1 to 3/1 in the last 24-hours

David Moyes made his managerial name at Everton and since leaving the club his career has took a turn for the worse. The Scotsman was always onto a loser when he joined Manchester United, but has since had disappointing spells with Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Moyes remains second favourite behind David Unsworth, but his odds have come in from 16/1 yesterday morning to as short as 3/1 to return to Everton. In the last 24-hours, speculation over Koeman’s future and his now subsequent departure, has led to the former United manager accounting for 26% of bets to be the next Toffee’s manager, the most popular selection in the market.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Right decision. Not just because of their results, but their performances as well. Didn’t seem to have any fight in them and looked weak.

Sean Dyche is the favourite with the bookies, and he’d be a good appointment for them.

their performances have been poor, but if you have lukaku scoring goals and bailing you out, then all of a sudden it's koeman grinding out results despite poor performances.

there are parallels with everton without lukaku, liverpool without suarez, and wales without bale - all teams were / are very average without them and wouldn't have achieved much without them. you then have managers who get it into their heads that it's their tactics and the general team winning points, when that's clearly not the case.

they should have seen the season out, as they will not get relegated. a typical knee jerk decision.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:24 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Right decision. Not just because of their results, but their performances as well. Didn’t seem to have any fight in them and looked weak.

their performances have been poor, but if you have lukaku scoring goals and bailing you out, then all of a sudden it's koeman grinding out results despite poor performances.

there are parallels with everton without lukaku, liverpool without suarez, and wales without bale - all teams were / are very average without them and wouldn't have achieved much without them. you then have managers who get it into their heads that it's their tactics and the general team winning points, when that's clearly not the case.

they should have seen the season out, as they will not get relegated. a typical knee jerk decision.

some good points..and on the face of it Everton are too good to go down..trouble is other too good to go down teams have actually ...gone down.
at what point does the board say enough..?..how bad were things behind the scenes...?
anyway looks like Unsworth will be given a few games