Updated ' Cardiff City after free agent '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm

' UPDATED '

Currently training with Cardiff City :bluebird:

Rolf Feltscher free agent. I was under the impression that Warnock was quite happy with the defence?

Cardiff City are interested in bringing free-agent and Venezuelan international defender Rolf Feltscher to the club as they look to add more defensive options.

By Jordon Jones

Monday 23rd October 2017

The 28 year-old who can operate as both a full-back and a centre-back is a free agent after his contract with Spanish second division side Getafe expired in the summer.

The Bluebirds though are in competition with Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy who are also in the market for a defender after finishing bottom of their Conference as the MLS regular season came to an end, missing out on the play-offs.

According to respected journalist Alan Nixon, Feltscher would opt to move to South Wales over a move to LA Galaxy as he fancies testing himself in England’s second division.

“Cardiff City. Taking a look at Rolf Feltscher. Venezuelan defender. Free agent. LA Galaxy in too. But he fancies Championship.”

Cardiff City currently have four central defenders at the club, with Neil Warnock being able to call upon Bruno Ecuele Manga, Matthew Connolly, Sol Bamba and Sean Morrison.

Although both Sol Bamba and Bruno Ecuele Manga have operated in unfamiliar positions this season, with Bamba being deployed as a central defensive midfielder in a number of games, whilst Manga has filled in at right-back.

Feltscher who was born in Switzerland but qualifies for Venezuela has made 12 appearances for the Switzerland U21 side, before featuring sixteen times for Venezuela, coming up against South American stars like Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi, in World Cup qualifying.
Attachments
657071740.jpg
657071740.jpg (35.08 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
Pantmawr Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: City after free agent?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Daily Mirror today reckons we have our eyes on Billy Bodin of Bristol Rovers as well. Don't know how true that is, could be just paper talk.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:31 pm

think we need cover. Manga, Bamba and Morrison (one of those injured) we don't have real cover.
bluebird7291

Postby davids » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Had hoped we'd never sign anyone with a man bun.

Paul Wimbleton was bad enough a few years ago! :o
davids

Postby Nemo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:47 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:think we need cover. Manga, Bamba and Morrison (one of those injured) we don't have real cover.

Matt Connolly? Our player of the year the season before last. Unless he is injured I don't see any need for another defender.
Nemo

Re: ' Cardiff City after free agent? '

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Trained with the team already apparently according to The Sun website?

(I don't make a habit of reading The Sun, just what I found out when looking up this news online :thumbright: )
Pantmawr Bluebird

Re: Updated ' Cardiff City after free agent '

Postby bluemun » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Connolly has played in the Development team....I don't think he's injured. He's much better than Halford and can play centre back and right back. Like Pilks he has fallen out of favour. Unfairly, I'd say
bluemun

Postby nubbsy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Don't know what this guy is like but Warnock may see some business in this if he's worth a few quid. Also, with bamba manga and Morrison now playing it could be worth having more cover for the season.
nubbsy

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Daily Mirror today reckons we have our eyes on Billy Bodin of Bristol Rovers as well. Don't know how true that is, could be just paper talk.

Steve,that's a rumour that won't go away.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluesman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:24 pm

We don't need another defender unless Warnock is considering selling Morrison or Manga in January. What we need is a prolific goal scorer, having said that who doesn't.
Bluesman

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:36 pm

bluemun wrote:Connolly has played in the Development team....I don't think he's injured. He's much better than Halford and can play centre back and right back. Like Pilks he has fallen out of favour. Unfairly, I'd say

strange one this..4 promotions including 33 starts for Warnocks qpr team that won the title.
dogfound

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Perhaps it's not Connolly that he would potentially replace.

Halford?
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Nemo wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:think we need cover. Manga, Bamba and Morrison (one of those injured) we don't have real cover.

Matt Connolly? Our player of the year the season before last. Unless he is injured I don't see any need for another defender.

Dont rate him what so ever. Gets done constantly. Good ball player poor defender these days
bluebird7291

Postby cendl blue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Could be a great player but a bad name
cendl blue

Postby bluemun » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:30 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Dont rate him what so ever. Gets done constantly. Good ball player poor defender these days

How can you possibly say that when he doesn't actually play! Halford has played and is sluggish to say the least.
Connolly, like Pilks, should be on the bench.
Warnock is a great manager, but that doesn't mean he's always right!
bluemun

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 pm

bluemun wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Nemo wrote:

How can you possibly say that when he doesn't actually play! Halford has played and is sluggish to say the least.

He’s a step in centre half at best - I’ve never seen a worse RB and would play Halford over him anytime .
As for Feltscher - is there any ACoN to worry about might be a reason for signing a centre half?
Blue_Barber

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 am

bluemun wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Nemo wrote:

ummm well he has played, cup games for one and coming on as sub. every time ball over his head and done.
and also now only plays a long ball.
He's not the player he was 2 years ago. sorry but its true. Warnock obviously see's this aswell.

Halford i'd pick over him, which says alot.

Pilks should be on the bench though, 100%
bluebird7291

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 am

Blue_Barber wrote:
bluemun wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Nemo wrote:

He’s a step in centre half at best - I’ve never seen a worse RB and would play Halford over him anytime .
As for Feltscher - is there any ACoN to worry about might be a reason for signing a centre half?

No i don't believe there's a comp this year. :ayatollah:
bluebird7291

Postby bluemun » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
bluemun wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Connolly's promotion record is superb. He's still a good centreback and better than Halford at right back. He's very good on the ball and his distribution excellent. Halford was constantly exposed when he played in the Carabao Cup.
bluemun

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:44 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Nemo wrote:

played 36 games in 2 championship winnning teams..for Warnock and Mackay suggests he can defend.
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Ive always liked Connolly at CB but I do wonder what kind of wage he is on for a back up player.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ive always liked Connolly at CB but I do wonder what kind of wage he is on for a back up player.

probably a very good wage...what else can you offer your player of the year who has won 4 promotions..
really annoying when decent players on big wages are surplus..id imagine not getting game time or even being in the squad in itself is a put off for potential suitors
dogfound

Postby bluebird58 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 pm

We have the best defensive record in the League so we simply haven’t needed him. Nothing sinister going on and unfortunately we need back ups. Similar situation with Tomlin ( although I would have given him a couple of chances by now.

At the moment we seem to be playing 3 Centre halves, so if one of those gets injured then he may need to step in.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby moonboots » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 pm

He is probably cover for Bennett while Jazz is injured. Seen YouTube clips and he was LB in most of them :bluescarf:
moonboots

Postby Blue_Barber » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Is there ACoN this season?
Blue_Barber

Return to General Chat