Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol City will wear

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:02 am

Bristol City will wear poppies on their shirts today. There will also be a minute's silence ahead of kick-off. #LestWeForget
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bristol City will wear

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Annis there seems to be an indifference to it this season! clubs do it nearest game to the 11th cCty didn't other night nor did either club wear poppy villa in their game didn't have poppy but preston did
Sure other clubs have not done either aswell :roll:

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Annis there seems to be an indifference to it this season! clubs do it nearest game to the 11th cCty didn't other night nor did either club wear poppy villa in their game didn't have poppy but preston did

Allan, Really they should all wear it virtually on the same day of the season :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Annis there seems to be an indifference to it this season! clubs do it nearest game to the 11th cCty didn't other night nor did either club wear poppy villa in their game didn't have poppy but preston did

Allan, Really they should all wear it virtually on the same day of the season :thumbright: :ayatollah:

remember last season had soldiers from royal welsh at game nearest to 11th! maybe club doing it after which is bit odd :o

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

remember last season had soldiers from royal welsh at game nearest to 11th! maybe club doing it after which is bit odd :o

Yes I do.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Last season, I marched the teams out against Huddersfield in late November and laid a wreath in rememberance of our fallen hero’s. I’m in the RAF Regiment, but did meet a few Royal Welsh, one of whom was a Cardiff fan and a top bloke.

As a Cardiff fan, I can honestly say it was one of the proudest moments of my life!

I even got the “Neil Warnock’s Barmy Army” chant started in the Directors box, where my family were kindly provided with red blankets to keep warm. Naturally, I informed the Malasian contingent that they were the wrong colour - tounge in cheek of course - to which they seen the funny side.

My moment in the sun was short lived as by the next game I was back in the Canton, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. :thumbup:

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:04 pm

Gets stranger? Several Sunderland players not wearing poppy but rest are so are borough players. :o