Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:TODAY CARDIFF WERE THEIR OWN SELF DESTRUCTION/HAVING

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:52 pm

My View/ Opinion

TODAY CARDIFF WERE THEIR OWN SELF DESTRUCTION / HAVING A MAN SENT OFF WHEN THEY WERE FIRMLY IN THE GAME.

In Derby game to play with 10men for more than 30 mins is very tough.

Despite Cardiff dominating the first 20mins, Bristol City went ahead and then looked more likely to increase their lead, but thanks to Bogle just before half-time City scored making it 1-1 :bluebird: Cardiff City's defence had played well.

For more than 30 mins of the second-half Cardiff played with 10 men, after striker Bogle was sent off.

Bristol City are now 3rd, with City still 2nd.

BRISTOL CITY 2 CARDIFF CITY 1 :cry: :cry:
Crowd 21,692
Away 3,068 Cardiff fans

Cardiff City team...
Etheridge, Peltier, Paterson, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Ralls, Bryson, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Bogle.
Subs Murphy, Connolly, Halford, Damour, Feeney, Tomlin, Ward.

Before todays match Cardiff had more than double the number of points this season after 15 league games (31) than they had at this stage last season (15) :bluebird: :bluebird:

The first 20 mins Cardiff were well on top, despite losing Mendez-Laing who was replaced by Liam Feeney after 6mins.
Then against the run of play Bristol broke away and Odowda scored in the 20th min, from just inside the box 1-0 :cry:

In the 26th min Etheridge for City had to make a great save.

Bristol City now looked far more threatening in the final third of the pitch and they deserved their early lead because of that extra cutting edge.

In the 41st min almost out of nothing, Hoilett cut in from the right latching onto Peltier’s pass and slipping it to Bogle, whose left foot finish went underneath the Bristol City keeper 1-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

What a time to score, just before half-time!

H/T Bristol City 1 Cardiff City 1 :bluebird:

It all went wrong for Cardiff with in 12 mins.

in the 56th min Cardiff City striker Bogle was sent off! He put in a tackle deemed too heavy. Pack was the recipient and Mike Jones had no hesitation in showing the red.

Striker Danny Ward then replaced Liam Feeney.

The substitute was subbed off.

Now City were really up against it.

68th min Flint rose higher than any of the Bluebirds defenders and bang 2-1 :cry: :cry:

To be fair Cardiff did have ago, but it was mostly Bristol City doing all the attacking.

Lee Tomlin replaced Craig Bryson in the 84th min.

Backs to the wall for Cardiff as Bristol looked for a 3rd goal.

In the 90th min Cardiff had a free kick with Tomlin kicking it just over, an inch over the bar.

F/T Bristol City 2 Cardiff City 1 :cry:

My man of the match Junior Hoilett :thumbright: :bluebird:

International break now and Cardiff City need it :bluebird: :bluebird:

UP NEXT BRENTFORD HOME SATURDAY 3PM 18th NOVEMBER 2017 :thumbright: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY FANS AWAY IN BRISTOL TODAY :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:TODAY CARDIFF WERE THEIR OWN SELF DESTRUCTION/HA

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:54 pm

International break next Saturday Annis

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Bristol City are now 3rd, with City still 2nd.

That was Bristol City's 4th win a row.

Cardiff fans away today :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Neil Warnock Today

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:58 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:International break next Saturday Annis

Oops Cheers Reese :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Why oh why does Warnock leave it so late to make subtituations,he says Tomlin is a impact player so what kind of opportunity has the player got to make an impact in 6 minutes

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:07 pm

All in all not a bad result!

The break will come at the right time now with these lot returning after injury, gunners, Zohore, Bennett, Laing and Harris by sound of it?

I think Peltier had his 5th booking so will miss the match against Brentford and Bogle out for 3 games depending if there is an appeal??

Just hope gunners doesn't play for Iceland if they have any games

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Replies from FB

Ian Curtis:
f**k off back to Wigan bogle. Shocking rush of blood. Be back in the stands once zohore is fit.

James 'Jamo' Prosser:
2 shit goals to concede.. one of the biggest defences in the league and we can't defend basic headers... line up was all wrong, Peltier not a left back, bamba not a midfielder, damour should be playing as better than Bryson and ralls.. why leave it to the 85th minute before attacking and bringing on tomlin.. we all k ow he should be starting anyway.. why would you bring on feeney instead of ward.. feeney wouldn't get in a league 1 team.. dropping needless points

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:10 pm

angelis1949 wrote:Why oh why does Warnock leave it so late to make subtituations,he says Tomlin is a impact player so what kind of opportunity has the player got to make an impact in 6 minutes

Tomlin should of been brought on in the second-half at least.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:All in all not a bad result!

The break will come at the right time now with these lot returning after injury, gunners, Zohore, Bennett, Laing and Harris by sound of it?

I think Peltier had his 5th booking so will miss the match against Brentford and Bogle out for 3 games depending if there is an appeal??

Karl,

The break has def come at the right time.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:12 pm

That was shaping up to be a cracking second half until Bogle tried to break their players leg.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Karl,

Iceland play at home on the 8th and away at Qatar on 14th hmmm

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:18 pm

If not peltier what other options do we have at left back currently I do agree though that damour has done nothing wrong and deserves a start

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Karl,

Iceland play at home on the 8th and away at Qatar on 14th hmmm

Be very very interesting regarding Aron Gunnarsson.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:21 pm

palerider wrote:If not peltier what other options do we have at left back currently I do agree though that damour has done nothing wrong and deserves a start

He does deserve a start.

Lee Peltier is a battle, ordinary player, but consistent.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Reply from fb

Stephen Howard:

I have been waiting for bogle to be given his chance,and 2 starts and 2 goals he was certainly making a point for a regular place....then gets himself sent off,and possibly the reason for what could be a costly defeat. Im not pointing the finger at bogle,but hugely dissapointed in him today for the sending off. Pick ourselves up and lets get back to winning ways now.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Bristol City beat Cardiff City for first time since 2012 thanks to goals from Flint and O'Dowda

Omar Bogle was handed a red card as Callum O'Dowda and Aden Flint netted for Lee Johnson's side

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm

We could have won that if it stayed to 11 a piece.

My view of it was that Peltier is being targeted at LB he’s shocking there really left us in some dodger positions but you can only play where told to play, I don’t think Paterson first half helped things either seemed to kiss every second ball and just be a yard of the pace.
Bogle challenge from what I’m told as I was laughing at a fat man, was harsh especially as the ref seemed to not want to book any Bristol “players” for there constant heavy handling in particular there back four who again just got away with it, their 14 Reid? He was class though, and shows what you get if you’ve got a quality attacker in your squad...85 mins is not the time to bring your most influential attacker on, Feeney played well I though and was unlucky to have to be subbed, should have won that one they aren’t anything special.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:39 pm

I've got to be honest annis
you were right. It was a piece of pics, aside of the result easy trip, left at 9 was parked up and outside the ground by 10, had a pint amongst the wurzels listening to band, came out of ground at full time and was home in 50 minutes sat in my local watching the racing

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Some of the comments on here are a bit over the top.

Paterson is a better wing back than full back, Bogle looks a decent player and got sent of for trying !!! so he gets a pass from me on the red card.

Sol doesn't work when we play against one big lump up front and 3 nippy smaller types as attacking midfielders off him.

I would be very disappointed if Gunnar played for Iceland as they are friendlies. I guess he'll travel as he is the captain but he shouldn't play. When is jazz or Bennett back ?

Its a long season, we are doing great

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Big mistake!.....not playing Tomlin from the start could have a story book ready to be written for him and he would have been more than up for it with a point to prove.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Reply from FB

Jonathan Bright:

I thought cardiff were poor struggled to string to passes together without giving the ball away , and Bristol had obviously targeted Peltier and it worked as he had a nightmare , Warnock has left himself short in the left back area and etheridge's distribution is shocking

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:06 am

Blue_Barber wrote:We could have won that if it stayed to 11 a piece.

My view of it was that Peltier is being targeted at LB he’s shocking there really left us in some dodger positions but you can only play where told to play, I don’t think Paterson first half helped things either seemed to kiss every second ball and just be a yard of the pace.
Bogle challenge from what I’m told as I was laughing at a fat man, was harsh especially as the ref seemed to not want to book any Bristol “players” for there constant heavy handling in particular there back four who again just got away with it, their 14 Reid? He was class though, and shows what you get if you’ve got a quality attacker in your squad...85 mins is not the time to bring your most influential attacker on, Feeney played well I though and was unlucky to have to be subbed, should have won that one they aren’t anything special.

I agree, I reckon we would of won 11 v 11 :thumbright: