Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Bogle apologises '

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Bogle apologises:

"Sorry to everyone Killed the team. Tackling not in my nature and its shown in the tackle Thanks to the supporters. Ill make it up to you all"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bogle apologises

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Well done for apologising, we all make mistakes, as long as you learn from it, and pay your club back, it will quickly be forgotten!!!

Onwards and upwards we now have players coming back to fitness and a long run of more winnable games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: Bogle apologises

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:12 pm

He was by far our best player while he was on, his goal lifted all the fans, was glancing away at the time but told it was a complete accident and harsh for a Red, Feeney didn’t do bad either was gutted he had to go off to cover the forward line. Bogle is exactly the player we’ve needed up top and would make a deadly duo if paired with Zohore

Re: ' Bogle apologises '

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Fair play to him. He wanted to win that ball badly and rightly so imo. Looks a proper work horse and wants first team football.

Thought Bogle was a bizarre siginging but big respect for this .

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:37 pm

fair play to him, he sounded like he was getting intot he game aswell

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Fair play indeed. Nothing but impressed with Bogle. The sending off was unfair and cost us the game which I feel we would have otherwise won.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Best part about that apology...

"I'll make it up to you"

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

No need to apologise. In all the time I watched football and that got a red card, winning the ball? I hope the ref gets overlooked for this and gets dropped a few divisions.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:12 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:No need to apologise. In all the time I watched football and that got a red card, winning the ball? I hope the ref gets overlooked for this and gets dropped a few divisions.

Isn’t he supposed to be a premiership ref ? :shock:

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:18 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:No need to apologise. In all the time I watched football and that got a red card, winning the ball? I hope the ref gets overlooked for this and gets dropped a few divisions.

I hope not, especially with decisions like that.. it's these kind of things that really do push me away from football time to time..

I feel like pundits and refs in past few years have really changed the perception of tackling in football.. you go back in the day before even I was born you'd have none of this player protection malarkey. You see yellows and reds given for tackles that don't even make contact with a player but can be deemed as 'dangerous'.. it's a load of boll*x in my eyes.. dishing out cards for something 'potentially dangerous' if you don't make contact with the player then carry on, simple as that.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:30 am

DandoCCFC wrote:

I hope not, especially with decisions like that.. it's these kind of things that really do push me away from football time to time..

I feel like pundits and refs in past few years have really changed the perception of tackling in football.. you go back in the day before even I was born you'd have none of this player protection malarkey. You see yellows and reds given for tackles that don't even make contact with a player but can be deemed as 'dangerous'.. it's a load of boll*x in my eyes.. dishing out cards for something 'potentially dangerous' if you don't make contact with the player then carry on, simple as that.

Nah

Clear red card

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:55 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Nah

Clear red card

I agree with Paulh, clear red card, even Warnock said the same.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Nah

Clear red card

I agree with Paulh, clear red card, even Warnock said the same.

Especially when the ref can see its a clear retaliation, that instantly makes it worse in the eyes of an official.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Shows how weak some of older generation fans we have are.. reason why people laugh at the contact in the sport has gone so weak with that thinking and mentality.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:59 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Shows how weak some of older generation fans we have are.. reason why people laugh at the contact in the sport has gone so weak with that thinking and mentality.

Its not a matter of opinion, it's how the game is these days whether you like it or not. If it were upto me they'd be a lot more contact allowed.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 am

nubbsy wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Shows how weak some of older generation fans we have are.. reason why people laugh at the contact in the sport has gone so weak with that thinking and mentality.

Its not a matter of opinion, it's how the game is these days whether you like it or not. If it were upto me they'd be a lot more contact allowed.

Yup, I used to watch foreign football ( Spanish mainly ) and used to laugh at the fouls given.
Unfortunately that's how it is here with all these idiots rolling around looking for a free kick.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 pm

No worries at least he puts his hands up he will learn from it and the positive thing is we have got a hungry goal scorer here. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 am

i wouldnt consider myself older generation but perhaps you youngsters spend too much time playing fifa to follow the real thing :old: :old:

he dived in two footed theres absolutely no question mark over the decision

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 am

paulh_85 wrote:

i wouldnt consider myself older generation but perhaps you youngsters spend too much time playing fifa to follow the real thing :old: :old:

he dived in two footed theres absolutely no question mark over the decision

I agree, nowadays that was a pretty strightforward red card decision. However, the worst decision was not sending off the Bristol City player earlier.

He was already booked and then commited another foul that was, arguably, close to being a straight red on it's own but without a doubt a second yellow. What makes it worse is when you look at the replay you can see from the panic on his face that he, and his teammates, thought he was off.

I have no problem in referees interpreting the rules as long as the do so consistently within the confines of that particular game. Saturday's ref didn't do that :banghead: