Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock Blames the Ref For Todays Loss '

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Warnock directed his post-match fury at referee Jones, who he believed was inconsistent throughout.

"There were a number of flash points throughout the game that the referee got wrong", according to Warnock.

Neil Warnock:

"We've got a Premiership referee, and he's a good referee, who I expect to be consistent," said Warnock on the official.

"Sometimes they come into the Championship and they don't want to be here.

"And today I didn't think he was consistent and has cost us the game".

"I thought the booking on Peltier, in the first two or three minutes, was very very minimal. I thought the worst tackle all game was Pack on Bamba, over the top. I could have sworn he was going to book him and Pack should have been off, 48 minutes, should have been 10 men.

"I've got no complaints whatsoever on the red card. But we didn't get many 50-50s today."

"I thought he was doing well as well, Omar. But it means I couldn't put Tomlin on earlier than I did because we were outnumbered."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Neil Warnock Blames the Ref For Todays Loss '

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:46 pm

For me Warnock should stop blaming the Refs.

I support Warnock big time, but he always blames Refs after a bad result.

BUT 100% BOGLE DESERVED TO GET SENT OFF FOR HIS ACTIONS & BOGLE COST US THE GAME.

Yes Refs do make bad decisions and sometimes costly,but we also get decisions over a season we should not have, thats football and it evens out over a season :thumbright:

We might have even won with 11 players on the pitch :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Annis Warnock is spot on the biggest gripe I have with Referees is inconsistency the Peltier booking today being an example, yes he booked Peltier but then ignored 3 or 4 challenges equally as bad but not one booking.

All we ask for is consistency.

Omar rush of blood cost us today, if we had 11 on the field I feel we would have at least got a point.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:55 pm

What has damour done wrong

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:01 pm

DEANO wrote:What has damour done wrong

I've been saying it for weeks, our best 3 performances this season against Villa, Wolves and Leeds have been with Damour playing. Has something gone on behind the scenes? Damour gives us energy, work rate, quality and class in our midfield. He needs to start!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Park should have had 2nd yellow before bogle got red thats the consistency hes referring to and that would have changed dynamic of game! But saying that he does give refs to much blame when not needed? Ref didn't cost us game as such neither did bogles card it was just fact they scored 2 to our 1 in a close game.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Ref didn't cost us today. We matched them with 10. Sloppy defending when Manga and Bamba weren't able to block/ beat Flint cost us.

However. If he booked Peltier then 2 Bristol players should have gone in the book in the next 10 mins.

As for Pack - I didn't see it. Maybe he could have been off but for me no, but nor should have Peltier.

Wasn't watching when Bogle went in, but most said it was reckless, so he had to go.

Shame, it's been a good day otherwise.

We are still in a strong position and a good 6 weeks now could see us right up there come Christmas

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Needs to look in the mirror and apportion some blame.

Big mistake not starting with Tomlin, compounded by putting Feeney on when Mendez got injured.

Great manager but still capable of making a cock up now and again.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Warnock is spit on.. ref shld of yellow carded the wurzel player for tackle on Bruno.. he wld of been off... things like that change games
Poor ref yet again

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Baker and Flint were bouncers with boots on today they rarely got the ball and just threw our boys to the ground. Nothing given - terrible tackle just before the Bogle sending off that for me was unnecessary and again nothing. Bamba at one point took the ball in the first half of the red, simple tackle, and got penalised?! And then there was the episode where the player was tackled fell onto the ball but kept playing it on the deck and they get the free kick yet when Hoilett went over by the bi-line nothing ends up a Bristol throw.

Sadly it’s not the first time it’s happened this season and we seem to get shit refs more often than not. That’s not saying it’s only us - be interesting seeing what refs other clubs get?

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Heared NW whilst he complained about the refs inconsistency he was correct in what he said, but he didn't actually blame ref for defeat ? :o

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:12 pm

i dont think he blamed the ref for defeat....

but i do..i felt he was going to book him too,then realised it meant a red....he sends their player off and they dont win...we might not have won either but they certainly wouldnt have.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 pm

dogfound wrote:i dont think he blamed the ref for defeat....

but i do..i felt he was going to book him too,then realised it meant a red....he sends their player off and they dont win...we might not have won either but they certainly wouldnt have.

Not 1st time a premiership ref as been lenient giving a 2nd yellow! but a card is a card and the foul deserved a yellow even their manager said he thought he was going to get it! :old:

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:53 pm

Neil Warnock "really upset" with referee
By Neil Wilkes, Editor

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has appeared to hit out at referee Mike Jones for not issuing a red card to Marlon Pack in his side's 2-1 loss at Bristol City this afternoon.

The Bluebirds were reduced to 10 men at 1-1 with 55 minutes played when Omar Bogle saw red for a tackle on Pack, but Warnock was adamant that Pack should have already have been off the pitch himself for an earlier challenge on Sol Bamba.

"The worst tackle of the game against Sol Bamba should have been a cert [second] yellow against Pack and he has ignored it completely," Warnock told BBC Sport. "I haven't got a clue why he hasn't booked him... he should have been off. They knew he should have been off. That really upset me today.

"I felt we were the better side and felt we dominated the game. But these things sometimes go against you and that's the way it's gone today. They should have a man off on 48 minutes and we've ended up 10 men clambering away and it's disappointing.

"I know it's only 48 minutes and he (Jones) doesn't want to send anyone off then, but that's the rules of the game. He shouldn't be above that, the referee, the ref is there to referee the game."

The result saw Cardiff fall four points behind Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers heading into the international break.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:34 am

Come on NW it is time to stop blaming the Ref when we lose, other factors are coming to light. You are playing to defensively. Tomlin must start so we have creation in the team. Be bold.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:55 am

Bluesman wrote:Come on NW it is time to stop blaming the Ref when we lose, other factors are coming to light. You are playing to defensively. Tomlin must start so we have creation in the team. Be bold.

were we not doing ok prior to the red card..?
and wasnt the red card offence against a player that shouldnt have been on the pitch.?
too defensive for what.? we are 3rd playing like this

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Watched the highlights back and are quite cross to say the least. While I accept that boggles challenge was a red card - the player Park that he tackled should have not even been on the pitch! He should have been given a 2nd yellow and then Bristol would have been down to 10 men! Probably Bogle would have then never had been sent off - the whole game then changes at 1-1! I'm sick to death of the refs that we've had recently. We always seem to be on the receiving end of bad decisions! Ok look I'm not one to go on about the ref usually but this is getting ridiculous now! You would hope that over the course of the season the decisions would even out but not for us it doesn't! Not making excuses as to be fair Bristol were the better team overall but decisions can change the game. If Bambas challenge in the first couple of mins was a yellow card then so was Packs and he should have been off with a 2nd yellow!

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:15 pm

The ref cost us, I don't care what anyone says, Packs tackle was 30% straight red, 70% yellow, 0% nothing, he was already booked and should have been sent off :evil:

Time to move on, onwards and upwards, we have some of our best players coming back from injury and a great run of winnable fixtures, pretty confident we will finish in the top two :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: