Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Leeds / Bristol City fans proved me wrong '

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 pm

I argued on Fb how good our away support was today 3,068 but was completely slated by all our empty seats for a local derby match.

I knew deep down we could of been given 3,700 tickets if the demand was there, but I wasn't having Leeds scum and the Worzels slating us, but they both proved me badly wrong :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't think I will bother in future,they made a right mug of me :lol:

Annis Abraham:

Cardiff were given 3,100 away tickets, they sold 3,068 for a 12m kick off. You had to be a season ticket holder to buy them and if they had been on general sale Cardiff would of taken 5,000. Cardiff are the biggest away support to go to Ashton Gate for 8 years. You can only sell what your given.

Leeds fans replied with photo

Leeds fans proved me wrong

Reply on Fb

Toni Oc
Leeds definitely took around 3700ish, here's a photo of them, you couldn't of looked very hard Annis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Leeds fans proved me wrong

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Reply on FB

Ryan Hunt:
Baaadiff today spot the difference
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Leeds fans proved me wrong

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Reply on FB

Ryan Hunt:
Leeds fans when they came

Re: ' Leeds / Bristol City fans proved me wrong '

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Reply on fb

Benjamin Fussell:

Annis Abraham Leeds brought 3700 about 2 weeks ago

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Reply on FB

Nick Smith:

Annis you were given 3300, not 3100 and you sold 3068. Leeds brought 3717 & Villa 3106 so you’re nowhere near the biggest away support for the last 8 years! Still good numbers, I’m not knocking it but tbf I think Leeds probably would’ve sold twice as many as they did if they were given the tickets!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Reply on fb

Matthew Caple

Would have taken 5k :lol: :lol: :lol: you couldn't sell out 3.5k ffs

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Annis Abraham:
Ok so we only had 3,068 fans, how about when did Bristol City last take away 3,000 to Cardiff? or even sell their away allocation at Cardiff ?

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:12 pm

Reply from FB

Matthew Tully:

What's with the empty seats Cardiff?

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Reply from FB

Jamie Docherty:

Leeds and villa brought more :lol: what are you on about your the biggest away following at Ashton gate for the last 8 years, many more clubs will bring more than you lot and your down the road :lol:

The attendance for the game was pretty poor in my opinion .two clubs at the top of the table the home side in particular doing well recently could only attract less than 22000. can only assume its their ticket prices which seem expensive.

There can't be 700 extra seats !!!!

Our row was like the old days of terracing where we were squashed together. At half time when it emptied we realised we were at least two seats over from the KO

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Reply from FB

Nick Smith:
Annis Abraham City have sold out the last 2 visits to the soulless bowl since the travel restrictions were lifted. Before then our numbers at yours were poor, but that’s simply because our fans won’t stand for the bubble trip bollucks! Let us make our own way and we’ll be there. It’s been proved!

Jamie Docherty:
Annis Abraham well whenever we play at your place we only get allocated 1000 odd, also 99% of the time we play you it's either Monday night or a bubble match on tv making it difficult for fans to make it, were not afraid of you but your city's afraid of us so you give us near to nothing and make it unattendable for most

Ryan Hunt:
Leeds all in their seats - Cardiff bunched in the middle

Annis Abraham:
Jamie Docherty Rubbish, you have not had a bubble match for years at ours, they only lifted the bubble on us 2yrs ago, yours was lifted about 5yrs ago and we have offered you 2,200, plus more if you want like we gave Leeds and Villa, Villa brought just under 5,000

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:23 pm

llan bluebird wrote:There can't be 700 extra seats !!!!

Our row was like the old days of terracing where we were squashed together. At half time when it emptied we realised we were at least two seats over from the KO

There 100% is,they've proved me totally wrong,even though I knew that anyway :lol: , I was just trying to stick up for our support, I wish I had not got involved, but the picture was put on Away Days and not by me.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Reply From FB

Matt Harbord:

If they sold their allocation then why have they been given less tickets? That corner is all ways available and both corners if you ask for the whole end.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:28 pm

Reply from FB

Jamie Docherty:

Your talking utter shite Annis Abraham, it got lifted for 1 game and we pretty much burnt a pub down and got lock in the ground for 30 mins after the game, after that we got allocated 1100 and made a bubble match on a week night making it impossible for fans to attend

Annis Abraham:
Jamie Docherty Yes you beat two barmaids up and threw a load of chairs at them I saw the pics and video.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Reply from fb

Mark Nicholls :

Cardiff took 3068, villa took 3106 and Leeds took 3717.amen you brought the least

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Reply on FB

Jamie Docherty:

Never beat anyone up just made a bonfire out of a pubs table and chairs, and you only ever allocate us a stupidly small amount, how can we take a tons of fans when we aren't allocated it

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Reply on FB

Matt Harbord:
Annis Abraham villa for a start haha completely filled, corners and all lol

Matthew Caple:
Villa and leeds both sold out, shame Cardiff couldn't considering it is only 40 minutes away

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Reply on FB

Jamie Docherty:
We take a minimum of 3,500 to reading every year and take up to 5000 to reading some years at a local derby on a weekend within this league,if the Cardiff game isn't a bubble mate or a weeknight or restricted as your shit club always makes happen we would do the same to your shit ground

Annis Abraham:
Jamie Docherty I think you will find its the police not our clubs, easy to call names on FB, I can't be bothered with a keyboard warrior, I don't mind a good debate, but Keyboard warriors can f themselves

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Shit !!! I just stuck up for you too !,
I reckon because we don’t sit in our allocated seats the ends were empty but bunched together behind the goal as in th the pictures

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:17 pm

There were plenty Cardiff fans that wanted tickets but did not have fan numbers fact.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:31 pm

stan106 wrote:Shit !!! I just stuck up for you too !,
I reckon because we don’t sit in our allocated seats the ends were empty but bunched together behind the goal as in th the pictures

:lol:

They done me :lol:

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:

those photos were taken very early in the game mate ,before many who had travelled by train had even arrived

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 am

Not sure whether all clubs have to be season ticket holders to get away tickets and whether £32 is the charge Bristol City make for all away teams?

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:00 am

Villa and Leeds have much bigger away sippprt.

Both were also allocated about 3-400 more than us.

Villa didn't sell their allocation either.

Leeds did

I know that fans were turned away from buying tickets due to not having memberships.

I expect we would have sold out if they went on general sale.

As for Bristol's support to us. I don't believe they have a bubble and think they sold most of their 2k allocation last year.

They have misbehaved on 2 of their last 3 visits, trashing a pub and attacking stewards, leading to dozens of arrests each time, so I would expect their allocation will not be increased.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

those photos were taken very early in the game mate ,before many who had travelled by train had even arrived

That is true.

We were sat in that corner where the empty seats were and although it didn't fill completely there were a lot more than that in that area by about 10-15 minute

Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:14 am

It's a bit sad when somebody can alalyize a few empty seats in the corner, they really need to get a life. Our support was fantastic yesterday, Bristol need to look at themselves as the support was awful from them for a Derby and considering the position of the club. Nice set up outside mind. :thumbup:

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:07 am

Top Championship away attendances yesterday:

3,068 - Cardiff City :bluescarf: Away at Bristol City
2,800 - Sheffield Wednesday (Sold out) Away at Aston Villa
1,848 - Birmingham City Away at Barnsley
1,647 - Leeds United (Sold out) Away at Brentford

3,068 CARDIFF FANS AWAY AT BRISTOL CITY YESTERDAY FOR A 12PM KICK OFF

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:35 am

Reply on FB

Annis Abrahamii:

If we all want to comment on empty sections we were not allowed to have, I think you will find the home sections of Ashton Gate had 1,000's of empty seats. Ok we never sold our full allocation, but its still more than you will bring to Cardiff.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am

Reply on FB

Mick Adair (Preston fan):

Decent following today for Cardiff but on the whole for a one team City their support is shite ...