Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fans away at Bury

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 am

Old pic
Cardiff fans away at Bury, last game of 1989/1990 season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff fans away at Bury

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Was there and we had twice as many supporters as they did at gigg lane?

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Was there and we had twice as many supporters as they did at gigg lane?

Allan, We certainly did, Great days away :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:06 pm

I was there too.
Reckon we had 1500+ there.

Remember getting there early and the team bus turned up and about 200 fans clapped the team off like heros.

2 and a half hours later we had lost 3-0 got relegated and it was kicking off all over.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I was there too.
Reckon we had 1500+ there.

Remember getting there early and the team bus turned up and about 200 fans clapped the team off like heros.

2 and a half hours later we had lost 3-0 got relegated and it was kicking off all over.

Tim, We did, we had 1,500 there that day :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 pm

missed this one..but watched us win promotion there in 1976...

the Western Mail had a piece a couple of days later which has stuck in my head... headlined....Cardiff City fans killed my cat...

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 pm

I was there too, went up from the midlands on the train on me todd. From memory didn't we need something from the game to stand a chance of staying up. We lost dismally and had all defenders on the bench so as soon as we fell behind it was curtains. Typical.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:54 pm

dogfound wrote:missed this one..but watched us win promotion there in 1976...

the Western Mail had a piece a couple of days later which has stuck in my head... headlined....Cardiff City fans killed my cat...

That was certainly a day to rem, great support. I was lucky as Bury is where my Grandfather was from(Mothers side) and he was season ticket holder at Gigg Lane, We certainly turned up in numbers that day, distance not a problem with City fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Last time i went we lost 2 nil... fire at the back of the stand :thumbup:

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:11 pm

I was there for that one! Lost 3-0 miserable trip! What made it worse we were relegated too.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:37 pm

I was there...great day out.

Reni hats....happy memories

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:42 am

25 years later we only take away the same number to nearby Burnley to see us promoted to the premier league.......go figure that one out. Solid support back then, often half as many that would show up at home would go away. :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 am

goats wrote:25 years later we only take away the same number to nearby Burnley to see us promoted to the premier league.......go figure that one out. Solid support back then, often half as many that would show up at home would go away. :bluescarf:

Your Spot on Goats, and that been my major point over the last few years, We have lost our great/passionate/hardcore away support.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:33 am

dogfound wrote:missed this one..but watched us win promotion there in 1976...

Yes i was also there for the promotion game, great turnout from the city fans considering it was a tues/wed night,(can't remember which)