Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Scumsea agree stadium lease deal '

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:25 pm

The Osprays are not having a lease, the jacks are, that means that the jacks will also get all the income from Catering at the Osprays matches, and the biggest share of naming rights, Osprays will get entrance fees to their matches and their merchandise sales, but the Osprays were paying rent to the council, now they will have to pay it to the jacks. Even if the council put a caveat in the lease, which is highly unlikely there is no way the jacks would sign knowing that the osprays would not have to pay them any rent. Personally having the lease allows the jacks to up the rent. I think you will find that it will not be all that long before that the Osprays move out :thumbup:

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Not as great as some thiN the deal is on here.

Swansea fans certainly aren't over the moon.

They've gone from a zero lease to 300k a year, have takeover all operational costs of the stadium including dealing with ospreys, maintenance etc and should they get a big name deal they have to hand a proportion back to the council.

The Americans say quote "another way of generating income streams" Swansea fans see Thomas another excuse for the yanks not to put their handsin their pickets and spend.

it wasnt a zero lease..they had no lease and now they have one.
and some of the 300k will be offset by rent off the Ospreys..
i know the more extreme retards on swamp think its a con...but these are the same people singing ...we want our club back...and we want jenkins out...the vast majority of whom only remember the club with Huw at the helm....so which is it..?

How can ospreys pay swansea when they wasn't paying Council? Council cant ride roughshot over ospreys as the stadium is for both clubs not just swans? Reading it the yanks want control over incolm from their side and only way was to have a lease which freed up them to collect money from stadium name ect suspect ospreys still pay nothing and carry on keeping their income as they are now .

its hardly riding roughshode Allan..i am sure the Ospreys are fully aware of whats been going on.and both the council and Swansea City have made some sort of agreement with them..but i doubt the Ospreys expect to play there forever and free of charge..Swansea City now having the lease..its not half and half with council so therefore i assume the Ospreys will now need to stump up some rent to the lease holder { SCFC}..

Missing point the ground was a joint venture
For both clubs why should ospreys pay swans money when previously they wasnt same as swans wasn't according to council, swans can throw them out as landlords ? What would rate payers or rugby fans say to that? If ospreys were not expecting to play there for ever why would swans think they would? Like said its both clubs ground not just swans :thumbup:

no Allan its you are missing points...
but i give up

Me missing point? But last word this would not happen without ospreys agreeing to it so guess its ok with them So no problem : :thumbup:

Honest question: Are the Swans and the Ospreys in a similar position to the Bluebirds and the Blues, who didn't really want to share the ground in the first place? :?

I'm not too sure what the condition of the pitch (never been there) is at The Library but I'm sure the Swans will be better off without the rugby on their pitch and benefit from the improved quality of their pitch just as our football club did a couple of seasons ago. Our pitch is looking superb nowadays! :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:39 pm

in an era of austerity, why were the jacks getting this stadium for peanuts whilst pocketing hundreds of millions of TV revenue? they are an american owned private business who should not be getting a penny of public funds - they need to pay their way, as do all clubs.

if i remember correctly, the land for our stadium was also gifted - if clubs can afford multi million salaries and huge transfer fees, they can afford to stand on their own two feet.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:in an era of austerity, why were the jacks getting this stadium for peanuts whilst pocketing hundreds of millions of TV revenue? they are an american owned private business who should not be getting a penny of public funds - they need to pay their way, as do all clubs.

if i remember correctly, the land for our stadium was also gifted - if clubs can afford multi million salaries and huge transfer fees, they can afford to stand on their own two feet.

At the time, I believe neither club could 'stand on its own two feet' and the respective councils helped them out big time. What may surprise most is that Cardiff City Council seem to have future-proofed themselves far better against such blatant profiteering than is apparently happening at The Library! :?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

They've gone from a zero lease to 300k a year, have takeover all operational costs of the stadium including dealing with ospreys, maintenance etc and should they get a big name deal they have to hand a proportion back to the council.

The Americans say quote "another way of generating income streams" Swansea fans see Thomas another excuse for the yanks not to put their handsin their pickets and spend.

i know the more extreme retards on swamp think its a con...but these are the same people singing ...we want our club back...and we want jenkins out...the vast majority of whom only remember the club with Huw at the helm....so which is it..?

How can ospreys pay swansea when they wasn't paying Council? Council cant ride roughshot over ospreys as the stadium is for both clubs not just swans? Reading it the yanks want control over incolm from their side and only way was to have a lease which freed up them to collect money from stadium name ect suspect ospreys still pay nothing and carry on keeping their income as they are now .

its hardly riding roughshode Allan..i am sure the Ospreys are fully aware of whats been going on.and both the council and Swansea City have made some sort of agreement with them..but i doubt the Ospreys expect to play there forever and free of charge..Swansea City now having the lease..its not half and half with council so therefore i assume the Ospreys will now need to stump up some rent to the lease holder { SCFC}..

For both clubs why should ospreys pay swans money when previously they wasnt same as swans wasn't according to council, swans can throw them out as landlords ? What would rate payers or rugby fans say to that? If ospreys were not expecting to play there for ever why would swans think they would? Like said its both clubs ground not just swans :thumbup:

but i give up

Me missing point? But last word this would not happen without ospreys agreeing to it so guess its ok with them So no problem : :thumbup:

Honest question: Are the Swans and the Ospreys in a similar position to the Bluebirds and the Blues, who didn't really want to share the ground in the first place? :?

I'm not too sure what the condition of the pitch (never been there) is at The Library but I'm sure the Swans will be better off without the rugby on their pitch and benefit from the improved quality of their pitch just as our football club did a couple of seasons ago. Our pitch is looking superb nowadays! :ayatollah:

Probably not quite as good condition as ours considering 2 teams play on it but nothing wrong with it! As for similar situation no they are not as blues chose to come to ccs! swans/ospreys was joint adventure from beginning no idea why, which makes the lease thing strange as joint tenants?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Roger Blyth, Chairman, Ospreys Rugby, said:

“It is very positive news for all concerned that we have been able to reach agreement on Heads of Terms regarding the future operations of the Liberty Stadium.

“As an equal partner in the Stadium Management Company, Ospreys Rugby enjoys a very strong working relationship with our colleagues, Swansea City FC and the City and County of Swansea, and we expect that to continue to be the case going forward.

“This agreement safeguards the term of the existing deal and also introduces new arrangements that are more beneficial to us. It gives us full control over our own destiny, releasing us from any future stadium liabilities. This provides clarity and certainty on both future income and expenditure, enabling us to plan for the medium and long term with security.

“We look forward to continuing to play at the Liberty Stadium for many years to come and will be working very hard on finalising the long form agreement by the end of December.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

but i give up

i think ive said a couple of times.i doubt the Ospreys are in the dark ..
but its Swansea City that now hold the lease..its not joint..its not Ospreys its SCFC.
and whatever agreement they had with the council has now gone { no idea whats been agreed with SCFC}..
anyway the Ospreys seem happy saying they can now plan income and expenditure long term { i assume this means there is an agreement } where as prior to yesterday the council could increase rent...or in fact sell the stadium to a company that would want much bigger rents..

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

but i give up

Probably not quite as good condition as ours considering 2 teams play on it but nothing wrong with it! As for similar situation no they are not as blues chose to come to ccs! swans/ospreys was joint adventure from beginning no idea why, which makes the lease thing strange as joint tenants?

Thanks Allan. I was unsure and that clears it up for me :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

but i give up

Thanks Allan. I was unsure and that clears it up for me :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thats ok i presume they both needed to move as their stadiums were worse than ours! And it had something to do with morfa athletics stadium. :thumbup:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:18 am

SwampCCFC wrote:in an era of austerity, why were the jacks getting this stadium for peanuts whilst pocketing hundreds of millions of TV revenue? they are an american owned private business who should not be getting a penny of public funds - they need to pay their way, as do all clubs.

And we forever see and hear Swansea folks moaning that they never get anything, Cardiff gets it all etc.....and we do to be honest. The centre of Swansea is shocking, Cardiff is moving way ahead in all areas. What do Swansea Council do apart from moan about having no funds?? Give away a stadium by the looks of it :lol:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 am

It wasn’t long ago that certain jack posters would have been all over this on here, nowhere to be seen now the ship is sinking hey..... :occasion5:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 am

goats wrote:It wasn’t long ago that certain jack posters would have been all over this on here, nowhere to be seen now the ship is sinking hey..... :occasion5:

We always said it would happen and they mocked within their limitations...but (in fairness) there are/were a couple of decent posters (Mike in particular) from their ranks who could reason and could take it as well as dish it out! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Igovernor wrote:The Osprays are not having a lease, the jacks are, that means that the jacks will also get all the income from Catering at the Osprays matches, and the biggest share of naming rights, Osprays will get entrance fees to their matches and their merchandise sales, but the Osprays were paying rent to the council, now they will have to pay it to the jacks. Even if the council put a caveat in the lease, which is highly unlikely there is no way the jacks would sign knowing that the osprays would not have to pay them any rent. Personally having the lease allows the jacks to up the rent. I think you will find that it will not be all that long before that the Osprays move out :thumbup:

Move where? And whos going to pay for stadium after all swans are only leasing stadium not buying it? And what happened to the joint tennancy , sounds like everyone being screwed by swans again! :o

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:The Osprays are not having a lease, the jacks are, that means that the jacks will also get all the income from Catering at the Osprays matches, and the biggest share of naming rights, Osprays will get entrance fees to their matches and their merchandise sales, but the Osprays were paying rent to the council, now they will have to pay it to the jacks. Even if the council put a caveat in the lease, which is highly unlikely there is no way the jacks would sign knowing that the osprays would not have to pay them any rent. Personally having the lease allows the jacks to up the rent. I think you will find that it will not be all that long before that the Osprays move out :thumbup:

Move where? And whos going to pay for stadium after all swans are only leasing stadium not buying it? And what happened to the joint tennancy , sounds like everyone being screwed by swans again! :o

Ospreys term for the original lease still stands and carried over onto the Swansea city deal. Their rent is agreed so won't be upped by the football club as another poster claimed.Aldo the catering was outsourced bit like our deal so jacks won't get that income as claimed either.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:36 am

do we own our stadium i was having a debate with my old man and he rekons the council owns it ?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Kenbird1983 wrote:do we own our stadium i was having a debate with my old man and he rekons the council owns it ?

We own our stadium 100% :thumbup:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:55 pm

goats wrote:It wasn’t long ago that certain jack posters would have been all over this on here, nowhere to be seen now the ship is sinking hey..... :occasion5:

Swansealad, 6 bysedd and NJ73 were all on here on a daily basis telling us how great they were.

Where are these clowns now?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:46 pm

cityone wrote:
Kenbird1983 wrote:do we own our stadium i was having a debate with my old man and he rekons the council owns it ?

but the land was gifted, wasnt it? i'm sick of corporate welfare. swansea have been in the PL since 2011, they should be paying full market value, not a subsidised rent.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:22 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
cityone wrote:

but the land was gifted, wasnt it? i'm sick of corporate welfare. swansea have been in the PL since 2011, they should be paying full market value, not a subsidised rent.

Yes we were given the land but we pay a small amount of rent which goes up ten fold if we get back to the premiership, also the council have stated that the stadium can only be used/sold for football which stops someone buying it and turning it into a housing complex (or simular) :thumbup: