Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Bluebirds vs. Boxers: '

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Bluebirds vs. Boxers: Changing Sports for Charity...

Let's play darts!

Representing the Bluebirds will be Lee Peltier, Aron Gunnarsson, Joe Ralls and Anthony Pilkington.

They will be going up against Lee Selby, Andrew Selby, Nathan Cleverly and Steve Robinson in the event, which starts at 18:30 on Sunday, 17th December.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bluebirds vs. Boxers:

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Bluebirds vs. Boxers: Changing Sports for Charity

Cardiff City FC

Monday 6th November 2017

Bluebirds and boxers go head-to-head this December in a darts tournament at The Exchange Hotel.

Bluebirds vs. Boxers: Changing Sports for Charity - Tickets!

Representing the Bluebirds will be Lee Peltier, Aron Gunnarsson, Joe Ralls and Anthony Pilkington.

They will be going up against Lee Selby, Andrew Selby, Nathan Cleverly and Steve Robinson in the event, which starts at 18:30 on Sunday, 17th December.

There's sure to be a fantastic atmosphere for a great night of darts in the Welsh capital, with the event being held in support of charity 2 Wish Upon A Star.

Guest speaker for the evening will be former Wales rugby international and British & Irish Lion, Andy Powell, as both sides compete for the 2 Wish Upon A Star Charity Trophy.

Let's play darts!

As he looked forward to the December contest, Cardiff City defender Lee Peltier told us about his love for both football and boxing.

The full-back, who is fresh from making his 100th competitive appearance for the Bluebirds, explained that he grew up surrounded by both sports.

“In Liverpool, it’s either football or boxing as the two main sports. When I can, I get to most fights.

"I love going down to the boxing and I do a bit in the gym when I can," he added. "A good mate, Tony Bellew is from my area. I grew up around them all and it’s good to see him doing so well too."

Pelts went on to let us know some of the boxers that he's enjoyed watching the most over the years.

“There are so many good boxers in Liverpool at the minute," he continued. "There’s a lot of talent there. I like watching Cotto, Canelo, obviously Mayweather. I like watching them all to be fair - but over the years I’d probably say that Miguel Cotto has been my favourite boxer."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Bluebirds vs. Boxers: '

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:50 pm

The guest speaker will be Andy Powell??? Stories of how to steal a golf buggy, get pissed and start fights and other tales of "high jinks" then!!

Re: ' Bluebirds vs. Boxers: '

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm

The event which will take place on December 17 at the Coal Exchange in Cardiff will also be a night where money will be raised for the 2 Wish upon a Star charity.

Wilson opened up on how the event came about and previewed what people can expect on the night.

The Pontypridd trainer stated, “I’ve been working with Cardiff City FC’s players for a couple of years now helping them with their boxing and fitness.

I’ve been in boxing for a long time now so I thought why not put something together and create a great night for the South Wales Community and do it for a good cause!”

The event will see Cardiff City FC’s Aron Gunnarsson, Lee Peltier, Anthony Pilkington and Joe Ralls take on Nathan Cleverly, Lee and Andrew Selby and Welsh boxing great Steve Robinson with Welsh Rugby Union great Andy Powell as the special guest MC.

Wilson elaborated on what he foresees on the night of December 17.

He said, “It’s going to be a great atmosphere, just like the darts you see on Sky Sports. It’s going to be a great night for a great cause.

“I got involved with the 2 Wish Upon a Star charity as what they do has affected people close to me.

They are a fantastic charity and help a lot of people in the local community so I am delighted that we are able to help them out on the night.

“We’re expecting a full house at the Coal Exchange so I encourage everyone to get their tickets and come down for a great night for a great cause!”