Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm:When fans are so quick to assassinate our players

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Vince Alm:

"When fans are so quick to assassinate our players"

Now the dust has settled on the Bristol City Game.

I'm always surprised when fans are so quick to assassinate our players so vehemently as in the case of Omar Bogle yesterday so soon after the game?

We had it earlier in the season when Etheridge got the blame for the 3.0 defeat at Preston when it was actually the players in front of him. on the rare occasion a player oversteps the mark to far it may be deserved.
However yes Omar Bogle tackle was wreckless and dangerous yesterday and deserved a red card but this is a young passionate man wanting to make it as a professional footballer, got frustrated by two bad touches from him, and a free kick he thought he was entitled to in the lead up to the sending off, not an excuse I know but inexperienced is the issue.

Yes he is 24 but didn't make his league debut until 2016/17 in league 2 for grimsby, and then sold to Wigan part way through last season where he played 14 games for them.

This is the same player who gave Ipswich a torrid time Tuesday and and was doing well up to the sending off yesterday.
We have to let Warnock deal with him, he looks like he can do a job for us, lead the line and score goals.

We are all guilty of overeacting on times including me, we are passionate and care, but take a breath and think before getting personal. He is our player in our shirt showing passion. Support our team and players.

Re: Vince Alm:When fans are so quick to assassinate our play

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:02 pm

As warnock said vince the ref didn't do nothing about the tackle on bamba that was just as bad no card at all for that one as regards bogle in my opinion he went for a ball he thought he could win I got no problem with that I would have done the same bogle been doing great for us since he came in to the team

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Think most of the reaction was knee jerk, as many were disappointed with losing a game we could and should of got something out of. I actually think this will help Bogle long term and we will benefit greatly over the coming months as he will work harder while out and probably score some vital goals between now and May. Back him :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Are you serious, two footed studs up tackle is a red card regardless if he thought he could win the ball, he got sent off rightly so, game over move on to the next game and I hope he starts once his ban is up :bluebird:

cardiff 74 wrote:As warnock said vince the ref didn't do nothing about the tackle on bamba that was just as bad no card at all for that one as regards bogle in my opinion he went for a ball he thought he could win I got no problem with that I would have done the same bogle been doing great for us since he came in to the team

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Name me any striker that is a good tackler. He won't be the last one to get sent off trying to tackle. Give him a break, please. He is our most prolific goalscorer if you compare goals to games ratio!

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:25 pm

i dont think he got slaughtered on here..

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:04 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Are you serious, two footed studs up tackle is a red card regardless if he thought he could win the ball, he got sent off rightly so, game over move on to the next game and I hope he starts once his ban is up :bluebird:

cardiff 74 wrote:As warnock said vince the ref didn't do nothing about the tackle on bamba that was just as bad no card at all for that one as regards bogle in my opinion he went for a ball he thought he could win I got no problem with that I would have done the same bogle been doing great for us since he came in to the team

I stand by what I say bogle might have showed some in experience but the tackle on bamba was just as bad bogle tackle was bad but he went for a ball he thought he could win what was disappointing for me we got best by a set piece a long throw in normally we deal with that no problem and our marking was bad to let Flint have a free head to score the winner ten men or eleven you still got to mark players I still thought we where going to get a draw but that's the way it goes roll on brentford another big test after the international break

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:34 pm

I disagree I don't think Bogle was slaughtered on here at all, it was a sending off and tbh we probably would have got something out of the game if he was still on the field, but he apologised after the game so all is forgiven. This is a forum for people to give their opinions so when players play well they'll get praised on here but when they have a bad in they'll get a bit of criticism.