Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Who Remembers These Cardiff City Players '

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:00 pm

I collected all of them and for me, I really respected all these players, had heart/passion & cared :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City, Panini Stickers, 1979/80

Manager Richie Morgan use to come in my Night Club Prince of Wales & Keith Pontin use to come in another club I use to work in, in Pontyclyn :thumbright: :bluebird:

I saw Ronnie Moore score :lol:

John Buchanan's equaliser v the Jacks 3-3 Ninian Park :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Goalie Ron Healey, greatest Respect for :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Of course Phil Dwyer, our true legend, I grew up in the same village Wenvoe, where he once lived, always got plenty of Comps for away games of him, had 30 once as no players families went away at Charlton :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Billy Ronson, I used his name as my pen name in School :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Who Remembers These Cardiff City Players '

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:13 pm

And just look at Cardiff City's best ever kit :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Come on City lets wear it again :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:29 pm

All GREAT HARD WORKING PLAYERS....Also BEST EVER KIT, my Po stents Met JOHN BUCHANAN in the TY PWLL COACH Pub got me in and sat behind the directos box ... When we played Bristol Rovers

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Ray Bishop was in the year below me in Junior school. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Phil Dwyer almost broke my leg once ( cut it open) in a parks game when he played for their youth team! :o

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Used to see Richie Morgan quite regular on Seawall Road, Joe used to be making a racket pissed in the pubs around Canton. Speaking to a guy from Aberbargoed recently, John Lewis is still about. Saw Ronnie Moore score against Watford, sold soon after.

Games against Chelsea and West Ham late 70s early 80's, were highly charged affairs to say the least ..

Best ever kit, should change the name back to Ninian too, highly disrespectful after the guy was killed in action.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Remember them all well. I used to work at Nat West in Canton and this little lot used to queue up behind each other to pick up their wages every Friday !

How times have changed !!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 pm

All of them

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Linden Jones lives not far from me also used to work with his brother peter who played for merthyr

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Remember watching that team - Also players like Rod Thomas : Steve Grapes : Tarki Micallef : in the squad along with -

2 players who were there at the time Tony Evans and John Lewis ( 2 players who i have respected over the years ) :bluebird:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:01 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Remember watching that team - Also players like Rod Thomas : Steve Grapes : Tarki Micallef : in the squad along with -

2 players who were there at the time Tony Evans and John Lewis ( 2 players who i have respected over the years ) :bluebird:

Loved Tony Evans & I knew Tarki Well and still do, I thought he would make it big time.
He works in Opera now.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:48 am

mugsy wrote:Ray Bishop was in the year below me in Junior school. :ayatollah:

I was in the same year as Bish in Bargoed YMCA (under 14s) Bish was the star of the team along with a Wayne Gibbings I was on the bench for the B team.
All 3 of the Jones boys from Aberbargoed were at the YMCA and at one stage I coached Lindon's young bother Graham when he was a junior. I bumped into Lindon about a year ago he was working for Swansea acadamy ( gone over to the Dark side)

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:03 am

Ron Healey was my favourite keeper at the time.
My dad took me to my first game in 76 and I remember being gutted that Bill Irwin was playing instead.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Remember all of them, always used to mention the Lulu shuffle when I saw John Lewis, when I was working for a training company at the liberty I too them I was a city fan an they took to meet linden Jones we had a great chat about city and reminiscing over the 82/83 promotion season.