Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock was right to get rid of him '

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:39 am

Peter Whittinhmam was in my opinion past his sell by date, two years before he left City, I said that during those two years.
Whitts was one of our highest pad players at our club, so he was well looked after by City.

Whitts is now one of Blackburn's highest paid players, I can see him retiring soon.

Blackburn Rovers Forum
Link
https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/sea ... hittingham

Bigdoggsteel replied to chaddyrovers's topic in Football Messageboard
...Samuel and Whittingham are both decent also. Whether Mowbray starts them or plays them in their best positions is a separate issue to the recruitment. A better manager would get more from this squad

islander200 replied to Stuart's topic in Football Messageboard
...In fairness the two highest earners at the Club inWhittingham and Graham have found themselves on the bench quite a bit

Barnet (H) 04.11.17
islander200 replied to chaddyrovers's topic in Football Messageboard
...Jury is out still onWhittingham .Hart and Harper look pointless signings

Re: ' Neil Warnock was right to get rid of him '

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:42 am

What this Blackburn fan is saying, is what Whitts did at Cardiff an awful lot.

blueboy3333 replied to blueboy3333's topic in Football Messageboard
Whittingham had a good game? He just passed it sideways. Easy ball to either full back every time. Rarely got beyond the half way line. He played percentages when he's meant to be our creator from midfield.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 am

i agree annis two years too late ,he was great servant for us but his time had to come to go

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 am

wez1927 wrote:i agree annis two years too late ,he was great servant for us but his time had to come to go

Wez it did and Whitts became a very very costly player and it just shows, Whitts should be the star player in the lower divisions, instead he is struggling.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 pm

not in anyway is this fair reflection of that thread..

just another Whittingham bashing excercise..

PS...he was offered a contract.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm

It was time for him to leave that I’m 100% sure of but up until Warnock arrived he was a key player for us often contributing highly with assists and goals.

I thought he would do a lot better in the league one but it seems he is struggling. Im certainly not going to have a go at him as he was a great servant to the club and although a high earner im sure he could have made more jumping clubs while in his prime.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Just because players drop down a league, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are going to be successful at that level. How many premier league players have dropped down into the championship and been a success. I agree with anybody who says it was time for him to leave because he’s never had pace in his locker otherwise, I think he would have been a top premier league player. I still don’t get why people complain about his wages,the job of his agent is to get him the best deal possible and it’s down to the club to decide if they wish to pay him or not. Most professional players would much prefer to be playing rather than sit on their arse,which they’ll have plenty of time to do when their career is over.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

dogfound wrote:not in anyway is this fair reflection of that thread..

So low for Whitts that he was never going to accepts, so he had to go to lower league football, who actually paid more than we offered.

Whitts on his day was class,last couple of years, he was paid very very well in my opinion, but was not worth it at all.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

So low for Whitts that he was never going to accepts, so he had to go to lower league football, who actually paid more than we offered.

Whitts on his day was class,last couple of years, he was paid very very well in my opinion, but was not worth it at all.

I was under the impression it was more about game time than money.
I won’t complain about what his wages were when the club have paid high wages in the past for players who have contributed not a lot Acorn Lambert etc.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

i had no gripes about him leaving..none...dont get this thread though..he might not be setting that league on fire but he has started the last 6 league games { got subbed once in the 84th minute }for a Blackburn team in the play off spots...the quotes you use are a minority just like we had here..

oh..and Warnock said the offer was very similar to what Blackburn are paying him.and fair play to the lad,he wants to play..

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Huge Whitts appreciator but even at his prime, DJ's last two and Malkys first 2 seasons it would have been right for WARNOCK to get rid of him.

Warnocks model doesn't need a sophisticated aristocrat of a footballer, owning the ball like a prized possession. Its about pace and power and getting the ball forward quickly to those direct players.

So in my opinion it was the correct decision to offer Pete a vastly lower salary, as he doesn't fit the model

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i had no gripes about him leaving..none...dont get this thread though..he might not be setting that league on fire but he has started the last 6 league games { got subbed once in the 84th minute }for a Blackburn team in the play off spots...the quotes you use are a minority just like we had here..

oh..and Warnock said the offer was very similar to what Blackburn are paying him.and fair play to the lad,he wants to play..

Agree ..... the opening post is not a balanced view either as there are some good comments about whitts on the Rovers site ...... I just see this as another Whitts bashing exercise with quoted comments cherry picked from the Rovers site to discredit him ..... He's not our player now, just leave the guy alone