Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCE ALM:"POLITE REQUEST FOR SUPPORTING CARDIFF CITY"

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:54 am

Neil Warnock has asked for backing that the team deserve, now Vince Alm :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wednesday 8th November 2017

VINCE ALM:

Polite request for supporting Cardiff City at the next home fixture;

Fully understand there is currently an economic downturn in the UK due to many factors, and Christmas is just around the corner, Money is tight, some people work weekends, some people just enjoy champagne football, and not the winter grind of accumulating points in the championship!

BUT :D
We have one home game in November against Brentford Saturday 18th 3pm kick off. If you book or purchase a ticket before the 18th November you can pay as little as £18 for an adult and £5 for a child :thumbright:

Warnock has the team playing with energy and passion even if the performances are not always great they put a shift in; we have a catchment area of over 1 million people 340,000 in Cardiff alone 250,000 in RCT area, hopefully we can get a crowd in access of 20,000 for the Brentford game?

Lets show Neil Warnock, his management team, and the squad we appreciate the job they have done so far this season and we fully back them on their attempt to get us promoted. :thumbright:

Personally I think they deserve the support lets give them a taste of what we can do. :bluebird:
Thank you for your anticipated support.

These are my own personal views, on my personal Facebook page, and may not be the view of Cardiff City Supporters club or its members.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: VINCE ALM:"POLITE REQUEST FOR SUPPOTING CARDIFF CITY"

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:55 am

Reply to Vince Alm on FB

Phil Stead:

I still haven’t been to a home game since 2011. I only go away. About 20 of my friends have stopped going altogether. Yes you can keep blaming the Tan Effect. Though to be honest the main damage was done in that game when CCS was a sea of red scarves.

Vince Alm:

I believe people are out of the habit Phil, the first season down from the premier league average crowd was over 20,000, yes like you I know 20 30 who stopped coming because of the red, probably the majority of the same people, I also know a similar amount who stopped coming when Sam was in charge and haven't been back, don't take long to get out of the habit as you have proved, you don't miss coming to the home games otherwise you would be there.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 am

Reply from FB

Nigel Harris:

Agree they deserve bigger and better support though but a lot of harm done in recent years which cannot be under estimated. The club are realising it takes infinitely longer to win fans back than it took to get them on board first time around. The Tan effect.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 am

Reply FB

Lee Harris:
Yes a lot of people have to work weekends especially retail sector

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 am

Reply from FB

Marc Glyn Pearce:

As usual, I'll be there! Myself and others make the journey over week in week out from the other side of the Severn, so I'd hope those living nearer in Cardiff and the valleys turn out for the boys!

Viv Grandfield:

Well said Vince I have got 2 going down well done for putting this message out 3rd in the League I don't know why they won't come down to support the Boys no excuses now don't know what some of our supporters want Bluebirds

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:02 am

Reply from Fb

Ian Roberts:

Excellent post , no more excuses support the boys for god sake

Kelvin Sullivan:

Great post vince but unfortunately we are surrounded by plastics!

Re: VINCE ALM:"POLITE REQUEST FOR SUPPORTING CARDIFF CITY"

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:18 am

Plastics... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I bet the majority of the people saying this weren't supporting City 10 - 15 years ago.
Clowns.

Everyone has a reason and its up to them how many games they want to attend - doesn't make them plastics.

The real plastics are the blokes sat in the local pub saying " I'm a scouser " Or the fat eggers who only go to watch international rugby due to the day out and claim they are huge experts.
Give it a rest.

( Rant over )

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Plastics... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I bet the majority of the people saying this weren't supporting City 10 - 15 years ago.
Clowns.

Everyone has a reason and its up to them how many games they want to attend - doesn't make them plastics.

The real plastics are the blokes sat in the local pub saying " I'm a scouser " Or the fat eggers who only go to watch international rugby due to the day out and claim they are huge experts.
Give it a rest.

( Rant over )

your spot on mate..

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:44 am

Guess this isn't the right time to say I can't go cos I'm going to watch the Wales v Georgia rugby match instead. (I'll still be included in the attendance figures mind)

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:45 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:Guess this isn't the right time to say I can't go cos I'm going to watch the Wales v Georgia rugby match instead. (I'll still be included in the attendance figures mind)

not good enough...10 lashes

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 am

Clowns.

Give it a rest.

( Rant over )

Have to agree! :thumbright:

It used to baffle me why crowds weren't increasing with the success on the field but I've come to realise that people have their own reasons for attending or not and there's not too much to do other than offering encouragement to them; and various threads slating them and calling them 'plastics' is hardly going to help! ;)

I don't always believe the reasons some people give for non-attendance. I'd call it 'The Fan Effect' rather than 'The Tan Effect' but there are plenty who have the courage of their convictions on a number of matters and they should be respected whether we agree or not. It is their prerogative and it is a case of each to their own, as the saying goes...

They'll be back when they want to; or maybe they won't be back at all. Either way, it's up to them! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 am

Sven wrote:

Clowns.

Give it a rest.

( Rant over )

It used to baffle me why crowds weren't increasing with the success on the field but I've come to realise that people have their own reasons for attending or not and there's not too much to do other than offering encouragement to them; and various threads slating them and calling them 'plastics' is hardly going to help! ;)

I don't always believe the reasons some people give for non-attendance. I'd call it 'The Fan Effect' rather than 'The Tan Effect' but there are plenty who have the courage of their convictions on a number of matters and they should be respected whether we agree or not. It is their prerogative and it is a case of each to their own, as the saying goes...

They'll be back when they want to; or maybe they won't be back at all. Either way, it's up to them! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Funny how people blame the rebrand but there were far bigger crowds when we were in red. Even in the Championship.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 am

Sven wrote:

Clowns.

Give it a rest.

( Rant over )

Sven,

Many people including myself have several reasons - Tan being the main one.
I have attended some ( not many ) home games since the rebrand and the feeling of excitement has now gone.
Like I've mentioned before, I still attend away games and still enjoy those but the CCS doesn't do it for me.
That along with Tan makes it an easy decision not to renew my season ticket. I haven't long had a son so once he's into the football I will make sure he's a Cardiff fan just like my dad taught me.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock has asked for backing that the team deserve, now Vince Alm :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

VINCE ALM:

Fully understand there is currently an economic downturn in the UK due to many factors, and Christmas is just around the corner, Money is tight, some people work weekends, some people just enjoy champagne football, and not the winter grind of accumulating points in the championship!

We have one home game in November against Brentford Saturday 18th 3pm kick off. If you book or purchase a ticket before the 18th November you can pay as little as £18 for an adult and £5 for a child :thumbright:

Warnock has the team playing with energy and passion even if the performances are not always great they put a shift in; we have a catchment area of over 1 million people 340,000 in Cardiff alone 250,000 in RCT area, hopefully we can get a crowd in access of 20,000 for the Brentford game?

Lets show Neil Warnock, his management team, and the squad we appreciate the job they have done so far this season and we fully back them on their attempt to get us promoted. :thumbright:

Personally I think they deserve the support lets give them a taste of what we can do. :bluebird:

These are my own personal views, on my personal Facebook page, and may not be the view of Cardiff City Supporters club or its members.

Vince’s message needs to get out on the TV and Walesonline, not just to us regular fans on the board.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Guess this isn't the right time to say I can't go cos I'm going to watch the Wales v Georgia rugby match instead. (I'll still be included in the attendance figures mind)

How dare you have a valid excuse not to go :evil: bloody plastics

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:12 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Clowns.

Give it a rest.

( Rant over )

Funny how people blame the rebrand but there were far bigger crowds when we were in red. Even in the Championship.

the club offered refunds to season ticket holders for those that felt strongly about the rebrand...
there were no queues to take up the offer....for every person that had a refund there are 100 claiming its the reason they do not attend...so when you hear this excuse 1% are genuine ..99% were either not regulars or are just using it as an excuse.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Don't get all this Tan, rebrand business at the end of the day there Cardiff City, our club and they're still the bluebirds and been supporting them since 1967 and will continue to do so.Times change and clubs have to as well,I have great memories of Ninian park but we needed a new stadium,ok the red kit was tried and reverted back but at the end of the day Vincents the man in charge and if it was a case of city playing in pink doing well or the club going into administration I know what I would choose.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:27 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock has asked for backing that the team deserve, now Vince Alm :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

VINCE ALM:

Vince’s message needs to get out on the TV and Walesonline, not just to us regular fans on the board.

100% Agree :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Taking my 12 year old niece to her first game :bluebird:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:51 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Taking my 12 year old niece to her first game :bluebird:

Great place for families nowadays and good value :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Funny how the rebrand didn't stop 27000 people turning up this season against Leeds utd

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Attendance has got lower due to high expectation not being met we had 27000 in the prem when we were relegated that lost us about 3 to 4 thou we had the best squad in the championship expected to get to playoffs but languished in the lower half lost another 3 thou slade football was abysmal lost another couple of thou Trollope football was just as bad and threat of relegation lost another couple of thou. I'll bet if we are in top two with a gap with 10 games to go we'll get 25000

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:29 pm

skiprat wrote:Funny how the rebrand didn't stop 27000 people turning up this season against Leeds utd

Get the same sort of crowd if Chelsea or Arsenal were playing as well. Unfortunately, if we have one of the big boys here a lot of people turning up are not avid City fans. Always been the same, we don't have a huge hardcore fan base, but can attract decent gates against some of the big sides, or if we are showing serious signs of promotion. I have friends who go to the odd game against the top sides, and will probably go more regularly if we are towards the top with a dozen or so games to go.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:45 pm

skiprat wrote:Funny how the rebrand didn't stop 27000 people turning up this season against Leeds utd

I agree on this ,100% .

Guess what two weeks before fans were saying it's a Tuesday night,so we won't get a big crowd, then they were saying it's live on Sky, etc even though cheap tickets were on sale.

Then bang tickets were rolling out and it was getting big hype, suddenly on here & Fb everyone wanted to be there :lol:
Then everyone was praising the crowd, all excuses went.

Fans still keep going on about Fulham away, 3,200.
City play away 24 times, no one expects fans to go week in week out, but we have 260,000 registered fans.

Personally I see City fans as going three times away a season in big numbers and three times at home, that's how we have been for the majority of my 44 yrs of following City.

I do finally accept we are not a big club, just a bottom half supported Chsmpiobship club.

On the positive side " WE HAVE NEIl WARNOCK ' :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 pm

I won't be there, going to an all-day Punk gig in Chippenham the next day, and can't afford to do both. Hope everyone that does go gets behind the team, and that we get a home win. Up The City.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree on this ,100% .

Guess what two weeks before fans were saying it's a Tuesday night,so we won't get a big crowd, then they were saying it's live on Sky, etc even though cheap tickets were on sale.

Then bang tickets were rolling out and it was getting big hype, suddenly on here & Fb everyone wanted to be there :lol:

City play away 24 times, no one expects fans to go week in week out, but we have 260,000 registered fans.

Personally I see City fans as going three times away a season in big numbers and three times at home, that's how we have been for the majority of my 44 yrs of following City.

I do finally accept we are not a big club, just a bottom half supported Chsmpiobship club.

Same here. In my early days of supporting City promotion to the top flight looked a possibility, and we had some gates of 25k to 28k. We lost and drew a few games that most of us thought we would win, and the gates went down very quickly to 12k and even less. I think we had around 8k just a few weeks after we had seen a gate of well over 25k. Always been the same here, we will get our 12k at least for most games wherever we are in this league, but can easily double that for the big sides or if we seriously look like going up.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree on this ,100% .

Same here. In my early days of supporting City promotion to the top flight looked a possibility, and we had some gates of 25k to 28k. We lost and drew a few games that most of us thought we would win, and the gates went down very quickly to 12k and even less. I think we had around 8k just a few weeks after we had seen a gate of well over 25k. Always been the same here, we will get our 12k at least for most games wherever we are in this league, but can easily double that for the big sides or if we seriously look like going up.

Steve thats exactly what we've been like in all my years.

One mite 35,000 v Hereford, then a few wks later 20,000 to 11,000.
Other times, 21,000 to 5,000, 22,000, to 11,000 next home games.

Only during the Ridlers time were we consistent at was only due to Wembley,Wembley,Wembley times and fans buying season tickets.

Then under Tan/Malky Promotion/Premier League.

Then the extra fans buggered off.

They will now only return consistently If Promoted to the Premier League.