Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY OPINION: " IT NEEDS SORTING "

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 am

MY OPINION

It needs sorting :

We have to accept that almost every time a team gets in a scrap with us we lose (or draw). Preston , Birmingham, Bristol City and Millwall.

We can't handle teams that are up for it and ready to match fire with fire. We proved that we can handle the "football" playing fancied teams but have failed to deal with the fighters. I believe that unless we can outfight the fighters we may lose out on promotion.

The antidote to our game has been found out and Warnock is being challanged and sometimes beaten at his own game. Come on Neil sort it out otherwise we will lose out and all your good work could be lost.
Some of our players don't seem to be up for a battle hardened game.

Warnock can rise to every big game :thumbright: but teams who come to fight, for me we struggle.

Barnsley will be a team that will fight all the way with us, for me this game will be a tough one.

I 100% not moaning about where we are in the Championship, but for me the teams we have lost out to,are def not better than us in quality and we could of taken more points of them. :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Opinions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY OPINION: " IT NEEDS SORTING "

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Playing a defensive 5 at the back... at home... and against Millwall was a footballing crime. Pathetic to do that especially at home against one of the divisions relegation favourites. Rather than play our own game - which is pressing the man on the ball and attacking with width and pace, we resorted to hoofball.
We did the same against Brum, Derby (lucky not to lose) and Preston.

Yes we are having a fantastic season so far, but what does really get me :banghead: is when NW cocks up and blames the ref! Hold your bleedin hand up Neil, say "I made an error" and move on with a view of rectifying it next week.

With the team we have, I truly believe we're capable of tearing most teams a new @rsehole.
They should be fearing what we are going to do and not the other way round.
No negative stuff. No ridiculously late substitutions like bringing Tomlin on at 84 minutes (when he should have started).

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:48 pm

To that picture of NW....

"I've just sharted" :D

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:42 pm

All I can add to this is, close your eyes....................think back to the Slade and Trollope days :banghead:

In Warnock we Trust, we are third ffs

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm

whilst i can understand whwre your coming from i honestly dont think this will be a problem. Yes we lost to four side who got in our faces but for 3 of those i think we lost for other reasons than being out fought...

Preston - we were tired and it showed. Warnock admitted he made a mistake with the line up but having an unbeaten side he didn't want to make a change. Writing was on the wall against Fulham as there were tired legsout there.

Birmingham - a lot of key players had played big games and travelled a lot over the international break esp. Gunnarson and Zohore. Add.to that Brum had a new manager bounce plus switched to entirely different set up - which Warnock admitted.caught us wrong footed.

Bristol City - we were in the incedency having equalised and then played 30 mins a man down and only lost by one goal. More to do with the sending off than them out muscling us.

Millwall - proper championship game that could've gone either way. We lost but up could easily have taken 3 points on another day.

I honestly don't think sides out muscling us is going to be an issue and think we are far better set up for the championshioo than £45M Boro are.

Playing a lot of sides in the lower half of the table across the next few months so I'll guess we'll see!

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:whilst i can understand whwre your coming from i honestly dont think this will be a problem. Yes we lost to four side who got in our faces but for 3 of those i think we lost for other reasons than being out fought...

Preston - we were tired and it showed. Warnock admitted he made a mistake with the line up but having an unbeaten side he didn't want to make a change. Writing was on the wall against Fulham as there were tired legsout there.

Birmingham - a lot of key players had played big games and travelled a lot over the international break esp. Gunnarson and Zohore. Add.to that Brum had a new manager bounce plus switched to entirely different set up - which Warnock admitted.caught us wrong footed.

Bristol City - we were in the incedency having equalised and then played 30 mins a man down and only lost by one goal. More to do with the sending off than them out muscling us.

Millwall - proper championship game that could've gone either way. We lost but up could easily have taken 3 points on another

I honestly don't think sides out muscling us is going to be an issue and think we are far better set up for the championshioo than £45M Boro are.

Playing a lot of sides in the lower half of the table across the next few months so I'll guess we'll see!

To be fair we only lost 0-0 to Millwall :lol: :lol: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:11 pm

sort it out??....as another poster said we are 3rd consistently jumping between 3rd and 1st.

You'd think we were losing game after game and spiralling down the league.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:46 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:whilst i can understand whwre your coming from i honestly dont think this will be a problem. Yes we lost to four side who got in our faces but for 3 of those i think we lost for other reasons than being out fought...

Millwall - proper championship game that could've gone either way. We lost but up could easily have taken 3 points on another day.

Some valid points but thinking about Derby and Sheffield W games as well as those mentioned above I think Annis has a point.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:sort it out??....as another poster said we are 3rd consistently jumping between 3rd and 1st.

You'd think we were losing game after game and spiralling down the league.

We have gone from 1st to 3rd so don't count your chickens just yet as other teams just below us are starting to get into their stride. I think Annis has a valid point which needs addressing. I'm sure NW and the backroom staff are working on it.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:59 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:All I can add to this is, close your eyes....................think back to the Slade and Trollope days :banghead:

In Warnock we Trust, we are third ffs

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

spot on...we are third and very few saw that coming. even Warnock said he thinks its incredible...
you can win 6 nil and think if we did this or that it might have been 8 or 9 nil..but at some point you have to be happy..
absolutely fantastic start and if we replicate our first 16 games..and then finish the season by replicating our first 15, we will have 93 points and more likely than not be a premier league club ...