Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated " Tony Evans "

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:52 pm

' UPDATED ' :bluebird:

Tony Evans. Was even good on a lawnmower.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Tony Evans "

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:58 pm

A great little striker who was a star player in one of the most entertaining sides we have had that got us promotion from the old third division. (Alston, Anderson, Mike England, Doug Livermore, Buchanan, Clive Charles etc- what a side for the 3rd division!). Two great seasons with us- scored 4 against Rovers over at Eastville - until an injury and never quite the same again and we sold him to Birmingham. Though I seem to remember him scoring against us for Birmingham.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:14 pm

When was this photo taken Annis?

Boy we had a good side for that level - Mike England!!

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:33 pm

JJ1927 wrote:A great little striker who was a star player in one of the most entertaining sides we have had that got us promotion from the old third division. (Alston, Anderson, Mike England, Doug Livermore, Buchanan, Clive Charles etc- what a side for the 3rd division!). Two great seasons with us- scored 4 against Rovers over at Eastville - until an injury and never quite the same again and we sold him to Birmingham. Though I seem to remember him scoring against us for Birmingham.

'75/'76 remains my favourite ever season. Managed by the late Jimmy Andrews. Great days!

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:47 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:A great little striker who was a star player in one of the most entertaining sides we have had that got us promotion from the old third division. (Alston, Anderson, Mike England, Doug Livermore, Buchanan, Clive Charles etc- what a side for the 3rd division!). Two great seasons with us- scored 4 against Rovers over at Eastville - until an injury and never quite the same again and we sold him to Birmingham. Though I seem to remember him scoring against us for Birmingham.

'75/'76 remains my favourite ever season. Managed by the late Jimmy Andrews. Great days!

I loved that season as well, even the kit was my favourite ever playing strip, and as you say so many great players for that level it was a season to remember. I think we only lost one of our last 16 games and only conceded 1 goal in the last 9 matches.

Willie Anderson was my favourite player but as you say so many great players.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:

Fantastic!! That game v Hereford, Alston's debut hat trick v Chesterfield in a 4-3 win and him hitting the bar from kick off v Brighton and finally a promotion party in my first ever away game at Bury - an afternoon off school and got in without paying!!

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Adrian Alston { not as famous as he should be for the Alston turn } was the missing piece to Jimmys jigsaw..

p13...W4...D3...L6..and i think 19th in the table we signed AA...2 goals in his first half an hour as a Cardiff player..a win...and the tannoy guy playing..what a difference a day makes {the game was on a friday not saturday } at the final whistle..we never looked back from there..
i never realised at the time just how well we did to recover from such a poor start to a season.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:33 pm

We had great songs for players then as well.
Tony Evans walks on water la la la la la
La la la la

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:15 pm

My Favorite city Player - Walks on Water and great partnership with Adrian Alston one of them knocked it in week in week out for us - Not bad for a free transfer from Blackpool , By the great Jimmy Andrews.

As others have said - so many great players in the squad then and Brill Kit too !!!

Anyone know what became of Tony? Where is he now?

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:29 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:We had great songs for players then as well.
Tony Evans walks on water la la la la la
La la la la

ohh willlie willie.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:When was this photo taken Annis?

Boy we had a good side for that level - Mike England!!

I don't know Jimmy.

We certainly did :thumbright:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Updated " Tony Evans "

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Jimmy Andrews in adidas.

Cardiff City 1976 :bluebird:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 pm

:bluebird:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 pm

He did. we lost 1-0 or 2-1 if my memory serves me. I was there that day and it was a bit sporty - they tried to lock us in the Bob Bank after the game too.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:07 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:

Although i started following the city from 71/72 season i have to agree with you that 75/76 were the years that i really fell in love with the city, i have some brilliant memories with my Cwmbran pals of following the city home and away, great, great times. :thumbup:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Tony Evans; certainly a City legend during the halcyon days of my support! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 pm

I was in the Grange End when we played Everton in the 5th round of The FA Cup and he scored and put us 1 - 0 up. The place erupted

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 pm

1st of many favourite's was Tony Evans and agree with Gary on Willie Anderson .