Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Phil Dwyer '

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Phil Dwyer A True Cardiff City Legend most ever club appearances for Cardiff City :bluebird:

Joe(Phil) Dwyer heading City's only goal vs Preston. April 1981.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Phil Dwyer '

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Phil Dwyer A True Cardiff City Legend most ever club appearances for Cardiff City :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Phil Dwyer / Wales :thumbright:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Joe Dwyer easily out jumping Kenny Dalglish in front of The Bob Bank in the 3-0 win in 1979

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 am

Legend, a word overused (Nathan Blake etc etc) but Dwyer truly was.
Decent player and a hard footballer. Loved watching him play!

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 am

Didn't he have to go in goals once after our keeper went off injured?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:Phil Dwyer A True Cardiff City Legend most ever club appearances for Cardiff City :bluebird:

My favourite photo of him and also my favourite kit too.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:Joe Dwyer easily out jumping Kenny Dalglish in front of The Bob Bank in the 3-0 win in 1979

I was there that day on the Bob Bank - great day!!!

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Legend, a word overused (Nathan Blake etc etc) but Dwyer truly was.
Decent player and a hard footballer. Loved watching him play!

Agreed, I wish Media Wales would stop calling Nathan Blake a legend, he does not even compare for a second. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Big Ceri wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Phil Dwyer A True Cardiff City Legend most ever club appearances for Cardiff City :bluebird:

And mine

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Didn't he have to go in goals once after our keeper went off injured?

I think you might be right :thumbright:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Big Ceri wrote:

And mine

Annis

If i'm right I am sure it used to be the front cover of our match day programme too!

Ceri

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Big Ceri wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Big Ceri wrote:

And mine

Annis

If i'm right I am sure it used to be the front cover of our match day programme too!

Ceri

Ceri,

It certainly was :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Ceri,

:bluebird: :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Is Phil ok ? Why the mention

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Scoularfan wrote:Is Phil ok ? Why the mention

Yes, he's very well, I always keep in touch.

Why the mention, because Media Wales keep calling some Cardiff players Legends/ hero etc and many of our new fans.

I just thought I would put out our player who has played more games for Cardiff than any other and remind them all who really is a Legend for City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ceri,

Wow - I used to have a load but moving around with the Army they became too hard to cart around although I still have some special one! :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Big Ceri wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ceri,

Wow - I used to have a load but moving around with the Army they became too hard to cart around although I still have some special one! :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Ceri,

Until the Rebrand I had only 5 programmes missing since I started following City in 1972.
Now au hardly bother collecting them.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:58 pm

My favourite player for us always gave his all dif Mr Cardiff city.
Nice bloke to hard working pro who loved playing for his home town club.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:26 pm

Recently voted Phil as my 'best ever' City player and (tried to at least) to style my football on him! :laughing6:

Along with Tony Evans, 'Joe' is a proper City legend and as approachable as any player I've ever met :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:43 pm

Sven wrote:Recently voted Phil as my 'best ever' City player and (tried to at least) to style my football on him! :laughing6:

Along with Tony Evans, 'Joe' is a proper City legend and as approachable as any player I've ever met :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

You tried to copy his style of football Chris?
You must have kicked a lot of players up in the air! ;)
If the ball went past Dwyer, the player rarely did!

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:49 pm

In 1977 Fiona (she who must be obeyed) & I, a very young married couple, bought a house in Hillrise, Llanedeyrn, next door to Phil & Ann Dwyer & a couple of doors away from John Buchanan, we had a football mad dog, Jasper and on a couple of occasions Phil & John enjoyed a bit of a kick about with us, I recall that one Buchanan "thunderbolt" took 10 minutes before Jasper recovered it! Hard to imagine todays players being so approachable. Phil was as strong as an Ox, the ball may get past him, the player may get past him, but never both!!

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks for the reply forever blue
D