Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " It all Kicked off in Bristol '

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluemellons wrote:What was the year when they wouldnt let us out and they sent police horses in the away end? A bloke by me was on crutches. He took a crutch and smashed a copper off his horse. Five mins later, the turnstile wall collapsed and everyone charged outside. Bristol shit themselves. It was absolute carnage.
Might have been the Andy Cole hat-trick game? I cant remember. They all blur into one.

Was it 1989?

Think it was later than that when Cole scored an hatrick maybe early 90s? Wasnt it 86 or 88 when Cardiff broke the turnstyles down?

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 pm

it was 89 that the turnstiles got wrecked, i remember it was a saturday game so definatly wasnt the carling cup game, my mate got chased into a road and run over before that game luckily the worzels made sure he was ok by giving him a good kicking, great days haha

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:33 pm

streamfeeder wrote:it was 89 that the turnstiles got wrecked, i remember it was a saturday game so definatly wasnt the carling cup game, my mate got chased into a road and run over before that game luckily the worzels made sure he was ok by giving him a good kicking, great days haha

Might have been 89 as i remember being young :laughing6:
I think Cole scored an hatrick in an early 90s game?