Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Colemans not getting a top job

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Boring sensible and predictable. A journeyman manager playing by the safe journeyman playbook

I wouldn't expect us to be within three goals of France in an away friendly, but he has just rewarded those players who stuck with him during the "give the ball to Bale" period.

Trying too may passes (audition for the Jacks ?) Ledley can't be the future, surely we need to get one of the youngsters on

Re: Chris Colemans not getting a top job

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Playing the experienced players because he doesn't want to get hammered perhaps?

Wales are sinking down the international rankings like a stone and I'm sure tonight's main aim is damage limitation.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 pm

I think he could pack it in if they don't beat Panama tonights result could decide what he does

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm

davids wrote:Playing the experienced players because he doesn't want to get hammered perhaps?

Wales are sinking down the international rankings like a stone and I'm sure tonight's main aim is damage limitation.

Why play them then ?

We are sinking down the rankings because we finished third in a group we were seeded number one.

Damage limitation, we are they like a journeyman boxer just lasting a few rounds and not getting too embarrassed before taking a knee.......The kids need blooding like Tosh did.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Said the same when I saw the team. Time for him to go. Jobs for the boys.

So much new talent needs blooding. Now is the time. Proven as when he brought them on we seemed to offer a lot more. And they'll only improve. They really should start Vs Panama.

Would you rather play it safe with same old faces and scrape a slight loss? Or experiment, give debuts, and lose by more?

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:57 am

what he said was they were looking at the France game as the Final we never had,so was always going with the older players.?
Tuesday i expect to see more kids on the park.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:54 am

dogfound wrote:what he said was they were looking at the France game as the Final we never had,so was always going with the older players.?
Tuesday i expect to see more kids on the park.

That's how I read it...but the result (not the style or the opposition) is EVERYTHING to some! ;)

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:58 am

Honestly.
Do you think Coleman is a magician?
There are 4 or 5 Wales players we
wouldn't be happy to see in the City team
Let alone be internationals FFS.

You can only piss with the prick you've got
And Wales doesn't not have world beaters
From the bench. We have a first team and kids that
Are getting blooded in.

We have a great team with some average players.
Best positions Wales has been in for many many years.

Well done Manager.....

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am

Didnt see the game as I am on hols. I agree with the last poster CC will bring in lots of younsters v Panama and I think that makes sense. He has earned the right for us to give him chance to rebuild the team. He did a great job at the Euros chwarae teg. BUT I hope he doesnt take much longer to decide or else it looks like he is leaving the Welsh FA dangling on a string while he sees if there is anything better /more lucrative.
If he finds aomething he can say the FA didnt match his vision / ambition etc.
If he doesnt he can say the call of Wales/patrotism etc outweighed personal gain and he committed to rebuilding the national team.
In the circs the Wales FA need to be clever with the terms of any future contract.
Ah well back to the sun :lol: :lol: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 am

Problem he's got now is in the future all games will be competitive with the new competition starting next year? So very little manouvering when it comes to experimenting with youngsters need to start now! After all will have to play them if anyone gets injured. :thumbup:

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm

quite a change from 2016!

i've always been sceptical about coleman. i've watched wales play for a very long time, and always thought mark hughes is a far better manager. many times under coleman we struggled to beat the likes of scotland, even andorra ,with bale getting a goal. i'm not saying coleman is a particularly poor manager, but i think coleman will have a rude awakening in his next job.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:35 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Boring sensible and predictable. A journeyman manager playing by the safe journeyman playbook

I wouldn't expect us to be within three goals of France in an away friendly, but he has just rewarded those players who stuck with him during the "give the ball to Bale" period.

Trying too may passes (audition for the Jacks ?) Ledley can't be the future, surely we need to get one of the youngsters on

Surely he will be managing Swansea in a few weeks ???

It would be nice for a Swansea boy to take them down :thumbup: