Eddie Johnson Lookback "USA USA"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby rovingsheep » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:36 am

Always a cult figure now with the city faithful. One of those classic "I was there moments" the relief when he finally scored against Doncaster was tangible. The noise midweek v Derby was tremendous. :bluescarf: We take a look back at the Eddie Johnson story

https://t.co/2MILDHk7sq
On the terraces.
rovingsheep

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Eddie Johnson Lookback "USA USA"

Postby brickyblue » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Was at derby game sure we beat em 4-1 if memory serves me right eddie scoring for us and derby haa.
Was a funny sort of signing chants of usa with everyone laughing when he scored the place woulf go nuts just a laugh at are own player.
Similar to leo fortune west with do the leo .we all laughed and went nuts when he scored .
Haven't had a play like them two since may never happen again but real funny times :ayatollah:
brickyblue

Postby rovingsheep » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:36 pm

brickyblue wrote:Was at derby game sure we beat em 4-1 if memory serves me right eddie scoring for us and derby haa.
Was a funny sort of signing chants of usa with everyone laughing when he scored the place woulf go nuts just a laugh at are own player.
Similar to leo fortune west with do the leo .we all laughed and went nuts when he scored .
Haven't had a play like them two since may never happen again but real funny times :ayatollah:

I think you 100 per cent right there. Almost comedy value but you wanted him to do well. Looking back I think the MLS at the time was probably equivalent to our 1st division or championship at best. Certainly much weaker than the current MLS. Interesting to see he smashed them back in when he returned to the MLS prior to his injury.
On the terraces.
rovingsheep

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:40 pm

I remember being there when he finally scored, it was brilliant. Tbf he always tried and gave his all but he just wasn't good enough and I think he knew it lol.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby theclaw » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:24 pm

brickyblue wrote:Was at derby game sure we beat em 4-1 if memory serves me right eddie scoring for us and derby haa.

He also scored an own goal in that game I think which was the season Preston nicked the last play off spot by the odd goal difference :banghead:
theclaw

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:08 pm

theclaw wrote:

He also scored an own goal in that game I think which was the season Preston nicked the last play off spot by the odd goal difference :banghead:

yes he did score an own goal that game...but we conceded 13 goals after that including 6 at Preston where Ross missed a penalty.
dogfound

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 pm

Remmber it well everyone was delighted for him his chest was bursting with pride :lol:
cardiff 74

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm sure he scored a hat tick for us at one home game it could have been Derby
cardiff 74

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:27 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I'm sure he scored a hat tick for us at one home game it could have been Derby

no
i get dreams like that as well though..cup finals mostly
dogfound

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 am

dogfound wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:I'm sure he scored a hat tick for us at one home game it could have been Derby

no
i get dreams like that as well though..cup finals mostly

Years
Team Apps (Gls)

2001–2005
FC Dallas 84 (24)

2006–2007
Kansas City Wizards 43 (17)

2008–2011
Fulham 19 (0)

2008–2009
→ Cardiff City (loan) 30 (2)