Welsh rugby

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh rugby

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Load of crap :old:
Bananas
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Welsh rugby

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby theclaw » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Thousands of fans stuck outside and missed the kickoff.All the warnings this week about extra security checks and they still rock up late.
theclaw
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Because the egg fans generally are thick, most of them too pissed up to care. 13 defeats to Australia on the trot, awful. And it's not even a world sport. :old:
Bananas
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby theclaw » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Bananas wrote:Because the egg fans generally are thick, most of them too pissed up to care. 13 defeats to Australia on the trot, awful. And it's not even a world sport. :old:

I always want Any Wales team to win so don’t get me wrong,but their just not as good as they think they are.Fans are embarrassing on the other hand.
theclaw
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby dogfound » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 pm

theclaw wrote:Thousands of fans stuck outside and missed the kickoff.All the warnings this week about extra security checks and they still rock up late.



they are not used to going to live sporting events......be the same next game when a different 50k turn up
dogfound
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:
Bananas
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby BrettyBluebird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 am

Went today Curtosy of a free ticket but I seriously don't know how people call it a good atmosphere. Was absolutely dire today, yet people on the train on calls saying it was good, would love to bring them down to the CCS for a qualifier and see a proper atmosphere
BrettyBluebird
Moderator
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby murphy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 am

It just makes me cringe.

People go there in fancy dress and now nowt all about rugby.

We often here of the rugby players either getting arrested or beat up on nights out. Their just a bunch of thugs.

It's truly pathetic sport, that's why only popular in a measly 15 countries.
They attack family stands, they sing songs about hillsborough, they attack disabled chelsea supporters and they do nazi salutes. The jacks, they're the scum of the earth
murphy
 
Posts: 6191
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 am

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 am

Dreading getting the train down for Brentford game from Neath on Saturday and then trying to get home again with all the rugby lot queuing at station :banghead: :banghead:
My belief has always been... that wherever in this land any individual's constitutional rights are being unjustly denied, it is the obligation of the federal government-at point of bayonet if necessary-to restore that individual's constitutional rights
1980s Bluebird
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:37 pm
Location: Jackland Valley

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby maccydee » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:24 am

Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:


Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby tcblue » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 am

Lots of people showing their inferiority complex here.

What a pointless thread moaning like a bunch of ninnies.

Always prefer football but let's see the crowd on Tuesday against Panama before you start spraying nonsense all over the place about empty seats and bad atmospheres.
tcblue
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby Mr Potato » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 am

I actually watch both sports and whilst rugby is not for everyone, being able to have a beer in the stand and actually enjoy yourself without having to worry about upsetting some egotistical smacked up plum who has had a shandy prior to kick off is quite refreshing.

Unfortuanely international rugby does bring a lot of issues as people generally tend to go out for an all day session, club rugby though is very different. Not for everyone, but it is sociable, and you can have a good day out in town.

Yesterday's atmosphere however will have dampened by a lack of expectation and the fact it was a fairly inexperienced side on to a hiding to nothing, but were pleasantly surprised when despite losing had a lot to build on.
Mr Potato
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby Willo Cardiff » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:10 pm

tcblue wrote:Lots of people showing their inferiority complex here.

What a pointless thread moaning like a bunch of ninnies.

Always prefer football but let's see the crowd on Tuesday against Panama before you start spraying nonsense all over the place about empty seats and bad atmospheres.

:thumbright:
Willo Cardiff
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:45 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:


Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.



all the above is true ..and not cheap either.
its not something i understand though.
dogfound
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm

I watch rugby, not my favourite sport but a lot of my mates are into it. I had a good day in the Village hotel yesterday though.

The WRU have done a brilliant job of wrestling control from the clubs (owners) to themselves at the expense of the club game. Wales is everyone's "club" nowadays, not their local team then the national team as it is in football. Wales is the team they support, there is no connection with the local scene except really local but you are talking 50 men and their whippets at best.

They are making some concessions trying to make the players stay in the four region (2 owned by the WRU) but the horse has bolted i am afraid. You need your best players playing at the highest level and the pro 14 isn't that, France and England is.

They sell most of their tickets even though i feel the price is pretty steep for South Wales, but the six nations and Autumn internationals is Royal Ascot for taffies (not trying to be derogatory) so a lot of people go for a game and go for it.

Football is different. I don't feel the same way about Wales football as Cardiff City. although i was really proud last summer (i didn't go)
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 6512
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:12 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I watch rugby, not my favourite sport but a lot of my mates are into it. I had a good day in the Village hotel yesterday though.

The WRU have done a brilliant job of wrestling control from the clubs (owners) to themselves at the expense of the club game. Wales is everyone's "club" nowadays, not their local team then the national team as it is in football. Wales is the team they support, there is no connection with the local scene except really local but you are talking 50 men and their whippets at best.

They are making some concessions trying to make the players stay in the four region (2 owned by the WRU) but the horse has bolted i am afraid. You need your best players playing at the highest level and the pro 14 isn't that, France and England is.

They sell most of their tickets even though i feel the price is pretty steep for South Wales, but the six nations and Autumn internationals is Royal Ascot for taffies (not trying to be derogatory) so a lot of people go for a game and go for it.

Football is different. I don't feel the same way about Wales football as Cardiff City. although i was really proud last summer (i didn't go)



300,000 expensive tickets sold for the Autumn internationals , mostly to people who live in South Wales..this must effect our crowds..?
dogfound
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:




empty as fans couldnt get in because of security! apparently 68k tickets sold :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12230
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 am

Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:


Good, Absolute rubbish. Ban it I say :wave:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby rhondda 1015 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:


Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.


Local Rugby is thriving as well, I went to see the derby between Ystrad Rhondda v Treorchy last week, approx 500 there! Great day out as well.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby RV Casual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

I am one of those that is a fan of both sports, I was lucky enough to go to the Wales vs England game in the Six Nations this year and the atmosphere was not as good as a full house at the CCS for a Wales Football Match, I was quite shocked how poor it was, great game though I do like Rugby on a par with Football personally.
User avatar
RV Casual
 
Posts: 1371
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:


Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.



all the above is true ..and not cheap either.
its not something i understand though.



Two things wrong with statement? Georgia not sold out Aust wasn't either! stadium capacity is 74k max that is less than 300k if all games sold out :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12230
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:


Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.



all the above is true ..and not cheap either.
its not something i understand though.



Two things wrong with statement? Georgia not sold out Aust wasn't either! stadium capacity is 74k max that is less than 300k if all games sold out :o


It was 3000 short of sell out, 71000 tickets bought....you my friend are nitpicking.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:


Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.



all the above is true ..and not cheap either.
its not something i understand though.



Two things wrong with statement? Georgia not sold out Aust wasn't either! stadium capacity is 74k max that is less than 300k if all games sold out :o


It was 3000 short of sell out, 71000 tickets bought....you my friend are nitpicking.



Maybe so but i get enough posts correcting what i say so just thought put a correction in a post for a change :occasion5:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12230
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Dobbin, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], LlwyncelynBlue, Lord of the Manor, nick_strin, Norman146, Pencoed, Sam_89 and 172 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.