Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' 4,000 AWAY FANS '

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Small town Rotherham United took 4,000 away fans to Doncaster today in Division 1(div 3)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' 4,000 AWAY FANS '

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Rotherham fans this morning before Doncaster away
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Small town Rotherham United took 4,000 away fans to Doncaster today in Division 1(div 3)

About half their home average, then again they could jog it in a few hours, very close ;)

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 pm

The Cobra wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Small town Rotherham United took 4,000 away fans to Doncaster today in Division 1(div 3)

About half their home average, then again they could jog it in a few hours, very close ;)

Its just over 50% of their home average, but fair play a club like Rotherham surrounded by big clubs, even if it was 10 miles away for me thats brilliant away support, 10 yrs ago they would of only taken about 500 fans there.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:13 pm

The Cobra wrote:

Can't knock that effort we would see ourselves as a bigger club with a bigger base but didn't sell out just over the bridge against the Wurzels

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:38 pm

The Cobra wrote:

Jogging distance or not that's a very good away following

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Metropolitan district of Rotherham is over 250,000 and only 18 miles to Doncaster They area is not as small as you think

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:58 am

Milkybarkid wrote:Metropolitan district of Rotherham is over 250,000 and only 18 miles to Doncaster They area is not as small as you think

Funny some of our fans can't praise brilliant away support like this from a small club :roll:

Rotherham is surrounded by clubs in higher divisions and only get 8,000 home crowds, it was not long ago when they were getting 3,500 home crowds, so yes its great away support :thumbright:

Look at this, this what other fans think about fans who make an effort and travel
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189878 :thumbright:

No jealousy :thumbright:

Fair play to Rotherham, Pompey, Plymouth etc etc fans NO excuses just get on with following their clubs in the lower divisions :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 am

Plymouth and Pompey the stand outs for me there, hats off to them

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 am

As for Rotherham, I dont always agree with Annis but I do on this occasion, for me any Club that takes 4,000 to an away game in this day and age well you have to say fair play to them. Granted they are in the last play off spot but they are not exactly smashing it. The big overriding factor in all this though in comparison to what we do and meant we did not sell out for Bristol City is this.

They put their away tickets on sale and for the first 4 days they are only open to season ticket holders. After this they put them on sale for a further 3 days to their Millers Members, once that week has passed they put all remaining tickets on general sale.

Why our Club can't follow a similar route I don't know, I have no doubt that we would have sold out the 3,700 for Bristol if we had. If we want our away following to grow this needs to be implemented so that casual fans and once in a while away day trippers who don't have season tickets can go without the added cost of buying pointless memberships.

There is a massive point of principle here aswell, why should people who want to support our Club on the road at great cost anyway have to pay Cardiff City £20 for the privileged. I'm surprised its not been challenged and I'm surprised other Clubs haven't challenged it, its like being a regular shopper at Tesco but popping into Asda for a pint of milk but not being able to until pay Tesco £20, never happen. Might be a shit analogy but I know what I mean :lol:

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 am

RV Casual wrote:Plymouth and Pompey the stand outs for me there, hats off to them

Steven 100% nothing to play for and Plymouth have done awful this season, yet they have both travelled long journeys in big numbers :thumbright:
Pompey Superb away support :thumbright:

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 am

RV Casual wrote:As for Rotherham, I dont always agree with Annis but I do on this occasion, for me any Club that takes 4,000 to an away game in this day and age well you have to say fair play to them. Granted they are in the last play off spot but they are not exactly smashing it. The big overriding factor in all this though in comparison to what we do and meant we did not sell out for Bristol City is this.

They put their away tickets on sale and for the first 4 days they are only open to season ticket holders. After this they put them on sale for a further 3 days to their Millers Members, once that week has passed they put all remaining tickets on general sale.

Why our Club can't follow a similar route I don't know, I have no doubt that we would have sold out the 3,700 for Bristol if we had. If we want our away following to grow this needs to be implemented so that casual fans and once in a while away day trippers who don't have season tickets can go without the added cost of buying pointless memberships.

There is a massive point of principle here aswell, why should people who want to support our Club on the road at great cost anyway have to pay Cardiff City £20 for the privileged. I'm surprised its not been challenged and I'm surprised other Clubs haven't challenged it, its like being a regular shopper at Tesco but popping into Asda for a pint of milk but not being able to until pay Tesco £20, never happen. Might be a shit analogy but I know what I mean :lol:

Great post by you and as you say, you don't always agree with me, but Rotherham deserve praise for taking 4,000 away fans :thumbright:

As you say City have not sold out Away to our local rivals Bristol City away since 2003 and this time our game was massive, 2nd v 4th in the Championship.

I also totally agreee with you regarding Away memberships , just a con and extra expense to our fans, when not even needed for 90% of say games.
But watch City increase the price on it, if we are promoted and fans pay it.

As you saw by our Away supporters topic we are trying to get our away support increased, City need to do more as well :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189813 :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:As for Rotherham, I dont always agree with Annis but I do on this occasion, for me any Club that takes 4,000 to an away game in this day and age well you have to say fair play to them. Granted they are in the last play off spot but they are not exactly smashing it. The big overriding factor in all this though in comparison to what we do and meant we did not sell out for Bristol City is this.

Great post by you and as you say, you don't always agree with me, but Rotherham deserve praise for taking 4,000 away fans :thumbright:

As you say City have not sold out Away to our local rivals Bristol City away since 2003 and this time our game was massive, 2nd v 4th in the Championship.

I also totally agreee with you regarding Away memberships , just a con and extra expense to our fans, when not even needed for 90% of say games.

As you saw by our Away supporters topic we are trying to get our away support increased, City need to do more as well :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Thank You mate :thumbup: like I say we don't always agree but its all good debate, the thing is, I know I might come across a bit negative at times but I just wish they would make life easier not harder for our away support.

Take Forest, I mentioned it to my brother, and on paper its looks like him, his Mrs and kid could go for £49, great value and he could take the nipper to first away game, but if he did that £49 becomes £100 as he would have to pay £50 in memberships on top of the ticket cost and then all of a sudden that value is gone and someone who is going to go to 1, maybe 2 away games a season ends up not bothering so our away support goes down not up, to me its plain stupid, especially for games like this, the Club wont budge though, I left it till the last minute for Bristol City Friday afternoon and they still wouldn't sell me 8 tickets so only 2 of us went.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thank You mate :thumbup: like I say we don't always agree but its all good debate, the thing is, I know I might come across a bit negative at times but I just wish they would make life easier not harder for our away support.

Take Forest, I mentioned it to my brother, and on paper its looks like him, his Mrs and kid could go for £49, great value and he could take the nipper to first away game, but if he did that £49 becomes £100 as he would have to pay £50 in memberships on top of the ticket cost and then all of a sudden that value is gone and someone who is going to go to 1, maybe 2 away games a season ends up not bothering so our away support goes down not up, to me its plain stupid, especially for games like this, the Club wont budge though, I left it till the last minute for Bristol City Friday afternoon and they still wouldn't sell me 8 tickets so only 2 of us went.

i keep saying ...a fiver for membership { i do understand our club wanting to know where tickets are going } and then 2 quid off any home ticket purchased...3 home games = membership paid for.
membership would increase..club would have a better idea of active fan base and a tool to market with...
i doubt our membership numbers are high..does anyone know how many ?

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 pm

It seems like many lower league teams away support is growing,many fans to me are fed up of premier league prices and are going back to there roots,and getting a buzz again from proper football and the chance to stand on terraces

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:Metropolitan district of Rotherham is over 250,000 and only 18 miles to Doncaster They area is not as small as you think

Funny some of our fans can't praise brilliant away support like this from a small club :roll:

Rotherham is surrounded by clubs in higher divisions and only get 8,000 home crowds, it was not long ago when they were getting 3,500 home crowds, so yes its great away support :thumbright:

Look at this, this what other fans think about fans who make an effort and travel
Link

Fair play to Rotherham, Pompey, Plymouth etc etc fans NO excuses just get on with following their clubs in the lower divisions :thumbright: :thumbright:

You stated small town which it is not Also you keep going on about city’s catchment area and they have over a 250,000 In there metropolitan area You can use the argument for city’s In that we should have bigger crowds and then praise a club for an 18 mile journey

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Link

You stated small town which it is not Also you keep going on about city’s catchment area and they have over a 250,000 In there metropolitan area You can use the argument for city’s In that we should have bigger crowds and then praise a club for an 18 mile journey

Theres 360,000 live in Cardiff and surrounding areas are up to a one million people.

Have you been to Rotherham? its a small, run down town centre and all the areas around support Sheff Wed/ United & Leeds etc

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:09 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

With you on this, its just a rip off by our club and yet 90% of away games our fans don't need it.

I still think Forest away is good prices and expect quite a few will travel. We do now have 13,500 season ticket holders & about 600 away members, so they can buy the cheap away tickets for Forest. But I agree No need for membership :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:12 pm

caerblue wrote:It seems like many lower league teams away support is growing,many fans to me are fed up of premier league prices and are going back to there roots,and getting a buzz again from proper football and the chance to stand on terraces

Thats exactly whats been happening for the last 5 years.

I spoke to some Southampton fans, who now follow Farnborough, as its a great day out for less than half the price of following Forest.

Look at me today with my Daughter watching Atletico Baleares, I only spent 6euros on food and drink, if I had to pay in that was only 12 euros for the two of us(We have season tickets). :bluescarf: :bluescarf: