Irish boreball

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Irish boreball

Postby stentona » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Nice stuff from the Irish again :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
If they make it to the World Cup they're sure gonna grace the tournament with their lovely flowing style of football and entertain on the world stage ... nah! :crazy:
But their fans will have a few :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
Would love to see the Danes :ole: (yeah I know it's the wrong flag!) spoil their little :occasion9:
User avatar
stentona
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: Talbot Green

Irish boreball

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Irish boreball

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Ireland really are one of the most unentertaining football teams to have played (or attempted to play) the game we love. Let's hope they cock it up in the 2nd leg. Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland are both truly AWFUL and just spoil any attempt by their constant cheating. :banghead:
Bananas
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Re: Irish boreball

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Is this what Pulis would make Wales? Would we care if successful?
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 25549
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Irish boreball

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Seriously who cares, they deserve to be there more than we do and they beat us fair and square. Seriously some of the complaining on here about Ireland being "Thugs" "Cheats" "unattractive" is laughable considering we all moaned about Wolves saying the exact same thing about us. Stop being Hypocritical ffs.
Bluebird Warrior
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Irish boreball

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Seriously who cares, they deserve to be there more than we do and they beat us fair and square. Seriously some of the complaining on here about Ireland being "Thugs" "Cheats" "unattractive" is laughable considering we all moaned about Wolves saying the exact same thing about us. Stop being Hypocritical ffs.


Absolutely spot on, when we got beat by Ireland I said fair play they done a job on us. It's part of the game, while I wouldn't want to watch it every week it's an art in itself to stop a better team playing. Warnock has done it and has it in his locker when we need it, when I played it was just as enjoyable beating a better team with blood and guts desire and a will to win. They will run through a brick wall for O'Neill like our lads will for Warnock.

As for us at wolves, 17 shots that day together with the ugly bit, that's the perfect display. :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow
 
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Irish boreball

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:29 pm

The ultimate bore Croatia v Greece Ball in either penalty area only 5 times in total after 72mins! not one shot on target? Ffs Greece 4-1 down surely they needed to score? :laughing6:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Irish boreball

Postby Alan_in_China » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:43 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Seriously who cares, they deserve to be there more than we do and they beat us fair and square. Seriously some of the complaining on here about Ireland being "Thugs" "Cheats" "unattractive" is laughable considering we all moaned about Wolves saying the exact same thing about us. Stop being Hypocritical ffs.


Fair and square, really?

They set out to take out key players, it was so blatant.

As for comparing the way ROI played and how we played against Wolves? ... we had a great cutting edge against the Wanderers, we moved the ball quickly and incisively along the ground and we were well worth our win that day, we played some lovely stuff.
Alan_in_China
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:04 am

Re: Irish boreball

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Seriously who cares, they deserve to be there more than we do and they beat us fair and square. Seriously some of the complaining on here about Ireland being "Thugs" "Cheats" "unattractive" is laughable considering we all moaned about Wolves saying the exact same thing about us. Stop being Hypocritical ffs.


Fair and square, really?

They set out to take out key players, it was so blatant.

As for comparing the way ROI played and how we played against Wolves? ... we had a great cutting edge against the Wanderers, we moved the ball quickly and incisively along the ground and we were well worth our win that day, we played some lovely stuff.


Yes Fair and Square, O'Neill got his tactics spot on, they stopped us from playing and out muscled us every time. I'm not gonna complain about another team being overly aggressive to win a football match as I have seen us do the exact same thing to other teams and I'm fine with that, it supposed to be a man's sport. And as for "They set out to take our players out" I'm not surprised considering what Taylor did to Coleman and Bale's Challenge on O'Shea in the first leg or have we all forgotten that?. Lets stop complaining about how Ireland beat us ffs.
Bluebird Warrior
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Irish boreball

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Seriously who cares, they deserve to be there more than we do and they beat us fair and square. Seriously some of the complaining on here about Ireland being "Thugs" "Cheats" "unattractive" is laughable considering we all moaned about Wolves saying the exact same thing about us. Stop being Hypocritical ffs.


Fair and square, really?

They set out to take out key players, it was so blatant.

As for comparing the way ROI played and how we played against Wolves? ... we had a great cutting edge against the Wanderers, we moved the ball quickly and incisively along the ground and we were well worth our win that day, we played some lovely stuff.


Yes Fair and Square, O'Neill got his tactics spot on, they stopped us from playing and out muscled us every time. I'm not gonna complain about another team being overly aggressive to win a football match as I have seen us do the exact same thing to other teams and I'm fine with that, it supposed to be a man's sport. And as for "They set out to take our players out" I'm not surprised considering what Taylor did to Coleman and Bale's Challenge on O'Shea in the first leg or have we all forgotten that?. Lets stop complaining about how Ireland beat us ffs.


The Bale and Taylor challenges were a result of the dirty Irish tactics and the referee not stamping down on them.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Irish boreball

Postby nubbsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 pm

It's a bit embarrassing the bitterness toward them really. Yes they ruffed us up but the game before we snapped one of their legs in half with one of the most shocking challenges I've seen. Get over it.
nubbsy
 
Posts: 6993
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Irish boreball

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am

nubbsy wrote:It's a bit embarrassing the bitterness toward them really. Yes they ruffed us up but the game before we snapped one of their legs in half with one of the most shocking challenges I've seen. Get over it.


Some of their challenges before the leg breaking were horrendous. I think that caused the angst that resulted in the broken leg challenge. Wales had to respond as the Ref wasn’t protecting us.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Irish boreball

Postby Makaay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:09 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Seriously who cares, they deserve to be there more than we do and they beat us fair and square. Seriously some of the complaining on here about Ireland being "Thugs" "Cheats" "unattractive" is laughable considering we all moaned about Wolves saying the exact same thing about us. Stop being Hypocritical ffs.


Fair and square, really?

They set out to take out key players, it was so blatant.

As for comparing the way ROI played and how we played against Wolves? ... we had a great cutting edge against the Wanderers, we moved the ball quickly and incisively along the ground and we were well worth our win that day, we played some lovely stuff.


Yes Fair and Square, O'Neill got his tactics spot on, they stopped us from playing and out muscled us every time. I'm not gonna complain about another team being overly aggressive to win a football match as I have seen us do the exact same thing to other teams and I'm fine with that, it supposed to be a man's sport. And as for "They set out to take our players out" I'm not surprised considering what Taylor did to Coleman and Bale's Challenge on O'Shea in the first leg or have we all forgotten that?. Lets stop complaining about how Ireland beat us ffs.


The Bale and Taylor challenges were a result of the dirty Irish tactics and the referee not stamping down on them.


Hang on no way can you blame them 2 absolute disgraceful acts on the Irish style of play, get your head out of your ass. So if you do not win a free or feel hard done by you have a right to deliberately injure someone. I believe both tackles that night were attempts to hurt another professional. I believe both Bale and Taylor are good kids and both incidents were moments of madness they both regretted instantly.

However defending it and blaming anyone other than the person who committed the foul is an absolutely ridiculous statement that even the players themselves would not agree with. Grow up.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Makaay
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Irish boreball

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Makaay wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Seriously who cares, they deserve to be there more than we do and they beat us fair and square. Seriously some of the complaining on here about Ireland being "Thugs" "Cheats" "unattractive" is laughable considering we all moaned about Wolves saying the exact same thing about us. Stop being Hypocritical ffs.


Fair and square, really?

They set out to take out key players, it was so blatant.

As for comparing the way ROI played and how we played against Wolves? ... we had a great cutting edge against the Wanderers, we moved the ball quickly and incisively along the ground and we were well worth our win that day, we played some lovely stuff.


Yes Fair and Square, O'Neill got his tactics spot on, they stopped us from playing and out muscled us every time. I'm not gonna complain about another team being overly aggressive to win a football match as I have seen us do the exact same thing to other teams and I'm fine with that, it supposed to be a man's sport. And as for "They set out to take our players out" I'm not surprised considering what Taylor did to Coleman and Bale's Challenge on O'Shea in the first leg or have we all forgotten that?. Lets stop complaining about how Ireland beat us ffs.


The Bale and Taylor challenges were a result of the dirty Irish tactics and the referee not stamping down on them.


Hang on no way can you blame them 2 absolute disgraceful acts on the Irish style of play, get your head out of your ass. So if you do not win a free or feel hard done by you have a right to deliberately injure someone. I believe both tackles that night were attempts to hurt another professional. I believe both Bale and Taylor are good kids and both incidents were moments of madness they both regretted instantly.

However defending it and blaming anyone other than the person who committed the foul is an absolutely ridiculous statement that even the players themselves would not agree with. Grow up.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:


Taylor didn’t attempt to hurt Coleman. It all got out of hand. Mostly caused by the rough house tactics of the Irish not being stopped earlier with a yellow card or two. Wales started to reciprocate and sadly it resulted in a broken leg for Coleman.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Irish boreball

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 pm

At end of day two incidents stand out bales lunge and taylors tackle! But lets rejoice in Irelands demise instead . :occasion5:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Irish boreball

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:At end of day two incidents stand out bales lunge and taylors tackle! But lets rejoice in Irelands demise instead . :occasion5:


Agreed.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2blue2handle, aber blue, azz_ccfc, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], BluebirdsTilIDie, Cardigan bluebird 1968, Clusterman, Google Adsense [Bot], Jimbo27, KBK-13, lincoln blue, maccydee, MOZZER1, OriginalGrangeEndBlue, RhiwEbbwBluebird, robbo, Sam ReaN, Springer blue, The Compactor, ThomasC, Tonteg Bluebird, TopCat CCFC, Tynantbluebirds, venglos, Welshman in CA and 321 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.