Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Michael O'Neil where next?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 pm

MICHAEL 'O'NEILL WOULD BE A TOP PL BOSS'

Sky Sports

Monday 13th November 2017

Michael O'Neill has proved he is good enough to manage in the Premier League, according to Iain Dowie.

The Northern Ireland boss has been linked with a number of top-flight jobs, after guiding the home nation to the World Cup play-offs.

"There'll come a time when there will be a knock on the door and someone will want Michael," said Dowie. "I suggest he might want a club job and with the job he's done he rightly deserves to get one.

"I think Michael deserves a run at that, certainly a Premier League or a top Championship job. At the moment, he wouldn't be out of place managing at the very top level.

"Man management is underrated and that's the key element at Premier League level. Michael has shown that he's managed his players very well.

"It's not so much that I worry about Michael's decision, I think people will come calling, and rightly so."

Re: Michael O'Neil where next?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:09 pm

In premier league? Fair bit of difference managing NI to a premiership team especially if no previous experience there.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:In premier league? Fair bit of difference managing NI to a premiership team especially if no previous experience there.

I think he may make it as a Pullis type Manager, organise and stop conceding to stop a team going down, but you never know until he gets a Premiership job?

With the players he had, has probably done a better job than Coleman.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:In premier league? Fair bit of difference managing NI to a premiership team especially if no previous experience there.

I think he may make it as a Pullis type Manager, organise and stop conceding to stop a team going down, but you never know until he gets a Premiership job?

With the players he had, has probably done a better job than Coleman.

Yes agree about Coleman and it appears his style is pulis in make-up but will clubs want that as a long term project Keep team up but then what ?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Reports linking him with the Scotland job! :o :shock:

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Sven wrote:Reports linking him with the Scotland job! :o :shock:

Think he lives in Edinburgh. If it wasn't for the obvious, he might be a good fit for the Rangers job.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am

llangainbluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:Reports linking him with the Scotland job! :o :shock:

Think he lives in Edinburgh. If it wasn't for the obvious, he might be a good fit for the Rangers job.

i am missing the obvious..?
he has played for Rangers..
Post a reply