Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

' Arron Gunnarsson plays '

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Gunners came on for Iceland in the 79 min against Qatar so he should be fit for Saturday??

Re: ' Arron Gunnarsson plays '

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Gunners came on for Iceland in the 79 min against Qatar so he should be fit for Saturday??

Karl, Yes he has to be 100% fit in my opinion for Sat, without a doubt or I can see more than fireworks.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Gunners came on for Iceland in the 79 min against Qatar so he should be fit for Saturday??

quite pleased with this..only played about 1/4 of an hour of 2 games but must be fit to have played at all... :thumbup:

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 pm

I rem this.

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock fumes at Iceland manager again over Aron Gunnarsson demands
Neil Warnock is not happy with Iceland's plans for Cardiff City's player of the season

By Chris WathanChief Football Writer

6 MAY 2017

Neil Warnock has fired a warning to Aron Gunnarsson's national manager after claiming the man from Iceland is in danger of burning out.

Warnock has already exchanged words with Heimir Hallgrimsson this season over the treatment of midfielder Gunarsson.

And now he's on a collision course with the Iceland boss after revealing the Bluebirds' player of the year has been told he has to report for training THREE WEEKS before a June World Cup qualifier.

Gunnarsson, 28, has been in superb form for Cardiff and has revelled in his role under Warnock, leading him to be named supporters' and player's player of the year at the club's recent awards night.

The honours came after a marathon season, starting with an incredible summer where he captained his homeland into the quarter-finals of Euro 2016, shocking the world with a win to knock out England along the way.

But Gunnarsson has been told he has no chance of a rest just yet after being informed he has to report for a Iceland training camp weeks ahead of a June 11 qualifier with Croatia.

And an angry Warrnock said: “They want him for three weeks. I don't legally think they can do it but Aron's not going to say no because he's the captain.

“But it's no good going in three weeks doing 40 minute runs every day when he doesn't need it, he needs to have a swim and a game of golf. By all means ten days before the game do some stepping up, but they've got to understand everything doesn't revolve around this game.

“They could do long-term damage to him if they're not careful.”
Attachments
JS107618943.jpg
JS107618943.jpg (63.71 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Sounds ideal he got a small run out.
Post a reply