Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tom Lawrence

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:25 am

Does Lawrence frustrate anyone else when you watch him?

He does get the occasional goal but his all round game is terrible imo.

I've heard people talking highly about him but I was just wondering what the opinion of "proper" football fans was.

:ayatollah:

Re: Tom Lawrence

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:36 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Does Lawrence frustrate anyone else when you watch him?

He does get the occasional goal but his all round game is terrible imo.

I've heard people talking highly about him but I was just wondering what the opinion of "proper" football fans was.

:ayatollah:

Totally agree he losses the ball ,takes one touch too much ,can't defend but he has the talent as the goal showed

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 am

Phew - I thought I was going to be slated then just like when I post negative things about Ralls :laughing6:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:48 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Phew - I thought I was going to be slated then just like when I post negative things about Ralls :laughing6:

Ralls is an average championship midfielder

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Undecided on him, certainly not a 7million pound player.

I think he has potential, he can produce moments of quality but they are not regular enough. Sometimes it just clicks with a player though, great to have in and around the squad. Problem is we have quite a lot of these type of players for wales.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:12 pm

17 goals in 114 league starts overall is appalling.

For me, absolutely overated.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Wolfpac wrote:17 goals in 114 league starts overall is appalling.

For me, absolutely overated.

He is still only 23, some player peak later than others. I remember fans writing off mccormack because of his scoring record in Scotland. He did OK.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 pm

Back in the Jan transfer window - it was £1M to buy while on loan - loads of threads on here about it .

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 am

He does have an unusual style of playing. Really hard to work him out as to what value he has. Prev poster alluded to his goals to games ratio not that great. Scored two very decent goals for his country though. Next time put him on pen duties

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 am

ThomasC wrote:He does have an unusual style of playing. Really hard to work him out as to what value he has. Prev poster alluded to his goals to games ratio not that great. Scored two very decent goals for his country though. Next time put him on pen duties

I wouldn't even start him tbh

my first 11 would be as follows.

Ward ( I think its time )

Gunts, A. Williams, Chester, B. Davies

Allen Ampadu

Brooks Ramsey Woodburn

Bale

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:41 am

:occasion5:

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:22 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:He does have an unusual style of playing. Really hard to work him out as to what value he has. Prev poster alluded to his goals to games ratio not that great. Scored two very decent goals for his country though. Next time put him on pen duties

Allen Ampadu

Brooks Ramsey Woodburn

Bale

Agree

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Allen Ampadu

Brooks Ramsey Woodburn

Bale

Agree

Wez - Ampadu could slot in the back in Gunter and Davies were to go forward.
We need to start looking at the future.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 pm

He was dreadful when we had him on loan. The press were raving about him last season because he scored some very good goals, but Ipswich fans said all season that his overall performance wasn’t good. It was the few goals here and there that kept him in their side, despite poor overall performances, according to their fans comments I’ve seen anyway.

Think that Derby spent £8m on him? He’s definitely not worth that.