Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Survey on Islamic State

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am

Fellow Bluebirds, I am currently doing a Masters and have started on my thesis research question:

[i]"Is the current conflict in Iraq and Syria a pre-cursor for armed conflict in Europe with the Islamic State"

The survey is quite straight forward and is anonymous and I would appreciate if you could answer the short 10 questions if you get time.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WGRWCCH

Cheers :bluebird:

Re: Survey on Islamic State

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 am

Hardly gonna get a balanced view with those loaded questions and with your response being mainly composed of right wing youngsters on a football forum.Masters,really? :lol:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 am

Sorry mate did not realise you had become my thesis supervisor.....tool, your welcome to pop down to Swansea Uni and sit in on a lecture with me if you fancy it?

Your actually accusing everyone of being right wing on the forum.....really?

You may like to know that a research question is based on finding views, research based for a possible outcome, the survey has also been sent to soldiers, ex soldiers, teachers, builders, plumbers but I can only guess that if their views are not the same as yours then they all right wing?

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:12 am

Done, interesting question about militias taking on IS in this country. Hopefully it will never come to that. Also, the anti Western rallies in this country are ridiculous but have to let them Happen as we are a democracy.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:43 am

Cheers much appreciated.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 pm

I filled in your survey but some of the questions were poorly worded.
EG. If I had to take up arms...would I?
The fact the wording says "HAD TO" states I don't have a choice so the answer to that one could only be "YES" regardless of whether I was for or against.
There could also have been room to explain a decision. As you know... very little is straight forward.
Happy to Privately chat about this at any time.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Jes wrote:I filled in your survey but some of the questions were poorly worded.
EG. If I had to take up arms...would I?
The fact the wording says "HAD TO" states I don't have a choice so the answer to that one could only be "YES" regardless of whether I was for or against.
There could also have been room to explain a decision. As you know... very little is straight forward.
Happy to Privately chat about this at any time.

Cheers for the constructive criticism, :thumbright: Had to, in terms of yes if you Had to would you or would you be a conscientious objector. Men in WW1 had to but some did not due to their beliefs. They therefore had their own moral choice to make.

In wording the question this way it gives you a choice of yes or no that you could answer as many did or you could think of it from a moral point of view and say no, you still would not. In effect it is making you make a simple yes or no decision based on the question rather than what you believe is right for you to do....many answered NO!

The questions did not require explanation of a decision apart from those stated. Unfortunately survey monkey does not give you a lot of room for in depth decisions....unless you pay of course.

Very true, very little is straightforward but this is my point, individuals are making decisions and their own thoughts with little proof or as is the case what the Western media want you to believe. :bluebird:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:08 pm

All done mate, some interesting questions, would love to know what certain MP's may have answered but only if their reasons were kept to a minimum of say, one paragraph!

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Would I consider joining a militia to fight IS in another European country? Yeah m8, right. I'll just call my mgr get some time off

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:15 am

Then your answer would have been No... :roll:

ThomasC wrote:Would I consider joining a militia to fight IS in another European country? Yeah m8, right. I'll just call my mgr get some time off

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 am

Cheers, unfortunately it is a statistical based questionnaire with some spillover for reasons why. :thumbup:

KJblue wrote:All done mate, some interesting questions, would love to know what certain MP's may have answered but only if their reasons were kept to a minimum of say, one paragraph!

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 am

Done, interested to see the results, when complete.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:07 am

Survey is now closed. Thank you to those on the forum who took the time to provide answers and reasons why in a grown up manner. :thumbup: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:11 am

Happy to do that, I will PM you outcome rather than post in open forum....We might all be accused of being Far Right. :roll:

rustyblue wrote:Done, interested to see the results, when complete.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Happy to do that, I will PM you outcome rather than post in open forum....We might all be accused of being Far Right. :roll:

rustyblue wrote:Done, interested to see the results, when complete.

:lol:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:27 am

ThomasC wrote:Would I consider joining a militia to fight IS in another European country? Yeah m8, right. I'll just call my mgr get some time off

I'm trying to get away from working unsociable hours. For me, the working conditions sound horrendous. U right; a no from me

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:47 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Sorry mate did not realise you had become my thesis supervisor.....tool, your welcome to pop down to Swansea Uni and sit in on a lecture with me if you fancy it?

You may like to know that a research question is based on finding views, research based for a possible outcome, the survey has also been sent to soldiers, ex soldiers, teachers, builders, plumbers but I can only guess that if their views are not the same as yours then they all right wing?

Bit defensive?? No one said that everyone on the forum was right wing. But there are a fair few

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 pm

ThomasC wrote:

I'm trying to get away from working unsociable hours. For me, the working conditions sound horrendous. U right; a no from me

:laughing6: :thumbup:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Sorry mate did not realise you had become my thesis supervisor.....tool, your welcome to pop down to Swansea Uni and sit in on a lecture with me if you fancy it?

Bit defensive?? No one said that everyone on the forum was right wing. But there are a fair few

Defensive..Really, I am just replying to the second post that the forum, "mainly composed of right wing youngsters"