Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THEY DID NOT LIKE ME / BUT THEY STILL USE TO TURN UP

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:15 pm

CHRIS COLEMAN IN AN EMOTIONAL INTERVIEW

By Chris Wathan

Wednesday 15th November 2015

The fans were singing your name, has it been an emotional one for you?

It's a funny one because I don't know what's going to happen. Huge thankyou, these are the core fans that in the first 12 or 18 months of my experience here, they were still there.

They didn't really like me much then but I didn't mind because they were they were the only fans that showed up for us. I didn't mind them booing because at least they paid the money to watch their country.

It was nice that they were singing my name, I appreciate that. I don't know if that's my last game yet or not. It's public my situation so I hope it's resolved quickly.

Could talks start this week?

I think they will do.

Have you thought about what happens if you don't stay on?

If i don't stay on I'll join a long list of managers looking for work. There's only two scenarios, I'm either going to be here or I'm not. 24 hours is a long time in football so I'm sitting here with no idea what's coming.

Is your message to the fans that you want to stay?

If everything is right. If it's not me, if it's someone else, you get that feeling there's a squad of people we've got, and I say the squad, not just the players, the staff, they're always going to be here for Wales in some capacity.

It's been everything in our life, you can never wash that away, no matter where we go. It won't last forever, that's football, things come to an end but we're always going to have that connection with the nation because of what we've experienced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " THEY DID NOT LIKE ME / BUT THEY STILL USE TO TURN UP

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:19 pm

CHRIS COLEMAN EMOTIONAL INTERVIEW

Have you said anything in the dressing room to the players?

I said it's been an absolute pleasure if this is my last experience with them. We've been through a lot. I can remember sitting there for the Costa Rica game, my first game, or was it, I think that's been taken away from me now, but it was my first game when we lost it. I'm sitting here six years later with bonds and friendships that will never be broken.

It's all down to the players who are an incredible bunch and they'll go on and keep achieving. There's still a little hangover because we got beat in the last game and didn't get to Russia. We're all still hurting, but that will subside and move on.

Once we get closer to the next challenge that's where it will start to kick off and this place will be buzzing again. We're still hurting because of last month but it's right that it should hurt like that, it shows you how much it means for everybody.

Can you shed any light on whether your ambition is to work abroad?

I've got experience of working abroad. It certainly challenged me as a coach. It made me better I think. To manage in the Champions League, I won't get it through a club in the English Premier League.

It could happen with a club abroad maybe in a league where I've got a chance to finish first or second. Champions League football is something I'd love to sample as a manager before I hang my boots up. I want to do that, I'm ambitious.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: THEY DID NOT LIKE ME / BUT THEY STILL USE TO TURN UP

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 am

may be you might have turned it around ?

Re: THEY DID NOT LIKE ME / BUT THEY STILL USE TO TURN UP

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:12 am

Cant stand the guy, he walked into a side who all he had to do was motivate. They went out with an unbreakable bond after Speed. and revelled on it.
Now they've lost it, it has shown how poor a manager he is. yes they play nice keep ball. but no plan. Ireland game "im playing Hal because he suits our gameplan" all we done was try and get crosses, which would have suited Vokes.

Also the fact he's made this so public, like he believes hes untouchable. No-one is bigger than a club, never mind a country.

Close the door after you Chrisy, and go and take the Swansea job in a couple of weeks