Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY COMPLETE NEW SIGNING “

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm

5AC26D36-4EA4-4E9A-B264-81DE77519A72.jpeg

Cardiff City Football Club

Thursday 16th November 2017

Cardiff City FC is pleased to confirm the signing of Rolf Feltscher on a short-term deal, subject to international clearance.

The 27-year old Venezuela international has initially signed a contract at Cardiff City Stadium until January 13th 2018. He will wear the No.29 shirt.

On arrival at our training ground, the Vale Resort, Rolf spoke to iFollow Cardiff City, saying: “I’m really happy to be here.

“It’s important that I work with the manager to understand what he wants but I’m ready.”

016E9552-D33F-4D7E-AC51-CCAFBD4CF2C2.jpeg

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock added: “I’m pleased to get Rolf on board.

“He’s been training with us for a few weeks and we wanted to see him in a couple of games but he’s done well and offers us some good cover and competition at the back.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY COMPLETE NEW SIGNING “

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Welcome Rolf! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:02 pm

He looks a beast

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Welcome to Cardiff City FC, Rolf Feltscher :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Welcome Rolf.

Now get that ridiculous man bun cut off as soon as possible and go on to become a City legend! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Welcome :thumbright: :bluebird:

I'm sure Warnock will once again have brought another quality player in and for virtually nothing :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Looks strong and is supposed to be very good. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:20 pm

All we need now is for Cardiff to sign George Saville and we will be able to play a team that consists Rolf and Jimmy :laughing5:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 pm

How much game time will he get do you reckon? Unless theres an injury somewhere?

Cant see Manga, Morrison or Bamba being dropped at the moment?

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Welcome Rolf. The top knot has to go though.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Welcome :bluebird:

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 am

He's come on a 7 week contract and as Neil said tonight, can't go wrong. He doesn't waste money.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am

Stringfellow wrote:He's come on a 7 week contract and as Neil said tonight, can't go wrong. He doesn't waste money.

:thumbup:

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 am

Meet the man who has become Cardiff City's latest signing

Cardiff City have confirmed the signing of Venezuela international Rolf Feltscher on a Bosman deal.

By Chris Watham

Thursday 16th November 2017

But who exactly is Feltscher?

Here's everything you need to know about the 27-year-old.

Who is Rolf Feltscher?

Rolf Feltscher is a 27-year-old Venezuela international.

What position does he play?

Feltscher is a defender and can operate at both full-back and centre-back.

Which clubs has he played for?

The Switzerland-born defender started his career with Grasshoppers, spending three season's with the club's first team after graduating from their youth system.

He joined Italian outfit Parma in 2010 but left three years later via loan spells with Padova and Grosetto having made just seven appearances for his second club.

After just one campaign with Lausanne-Sport, Feltscher signed for German club MSV Duisburg where he scored two goals in 53 appearances before moving to Segunda Division side Getafe.

He made seven appearances for the club before moving to Real Zaragoza - where he played nine times - on loan in January this year.

How did the interest come about?

The 27-year-old's contract with Getafe expired in the summer, meaning he is a free agent and was available sign for anyone outside of the transfer window.

He trained with the Bluebirds ahead of their Championship clash with Millwall in October, and Neil Warnock revealed it was former Birmingham boss Harry Redknapp who recommended Feltscher to him after he was sacked by the Blues.

Speaking ahead of Cardiff's 0-0 draw with Millwall, Warnock said: "He’s been here this week and we’ve looked at him and we’ve been talking to him.

"He flies back home now but we’ve had a good look at him after he was recommended to me by Harry Redknapp. If we thought improved squad we’d have a look at it, but at the moment we’re getting games out of the way and we won’t be doing anything in near future.

"But he’s a free agent so we could take him straight away if we wanted to because we’re looking at couple of lads, a couple of young ones as well as we’re trying to supplement the Under-23s at the moment. I think we need three or four lads in I’ve mentioned to the chairman and Vincent Tan is supportive as well."

What has Neil Warnock said about Feltscher?

Warnock said: “I’m pleased to get Rolf on board.

“He’s been training with us for a few weeks and we wanted to see him in a couple of games but he’s done well and offers us some good cover and competition at the back.”

What has Feltscher said about the move?

Talking to the club's official website, the defender said: “I’m really happy to be here.

“It’s important that I work with the manager to understand what he wants but I’m ready.”

Is there anything else to know about Feltscher?

The defender actually represented Switzerland's Under-19 and Under-21 sides but in 2011 he pledged his international future to Venezuela.

He has since earned 16 caps for the South American country.

Venezuela international Rolf Feltscher
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.