Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Home Crowds Really are Going Up For Some Championship Clubs

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Nottingham Forest / Not even in Play offs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Home Crowds Really are Going Up For Some Championship Cl

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 pm

' Championship Table Updated ' :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 am

Any idea why they've had such a big increase

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:32 am

Pencoed wrote:Any idea why they've had such a big increase

Yes, 1,000's of Forest fans hated the previous owner, similar to us with Vincent Tan.

On 18 May 2017 it was confirmed that Evangelos Marinakis had completed his takeover of Nottingham Forest, bringing an end to Al-Hasawi's reign as Forest owner, who was disliked by many Forest fans.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes, 1,000's of Forest fans hated the previous owner, similar to us with Vincent Tan.

On 18 May 2017 it was confirmed that Evangelos Marinakis had completed his takeover of Nottingham Forest, bringing an end to Al-Hasawi's reign as Forest owner, who was disliked by many Forest fans.

Do you think thousands would return if Tan left?

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Do you think thousands would return if Tan left?

Luke, Really not sure now as many have moved on and just come back now and again, they've lost that diehard attitude.
And I know a couple of hundred who were diehards away from home.

I believe we lost 2,000 at home.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:17 pm

I thought return to blue would see a huge increase but other than the first game back in blue nothing really changed. As you said in another thread only one thing will bring people back and that's sustained success.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I thought return to blue would see a huge increase but other than the first game back in blue nothing really changed. As you said in another thread only one thing will bring people back and that's sustained success.

Luke, They returned for one game and I was shocked they never came back consistently.

Luke an example is one of my best mates Mallo, season ticket holder still, use to go every away game, now once a season away and no more than 8 home games as he now plays golf, he's moved on.
He only kept the season tickets for 5 of them as his daughter still comes every game.

Many diehards have found new things to do and got out of the habit of every week.
For me it was like drug City and football is, thats why I watch every home game of Atletico Baleares , a few away and will still fly back to watch the City,even though now when I come in the Winter I will have to stay a minimum of 3 nights, as hardly any flights.