Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The forgotten Cardiff player / Wow Warnock has just

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 am

Wow. Warnock has just spoke extensively about Freddie Gounongbe and it looks like the forgotten man could be ushered back in from the wilderness! There’s no better time to grab your first Cardiff goal than this weekend, Fred.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The forgotten Cardiff player / Wow Warnock has just

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am

Can Gounongbe 'do a Zohore'?

Gonoungbe has looked sharp and done really well; why can’t he do a Zohore?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You just don’t know. He had a bad injury and it took him a long time to get back, but I’ve watched him work over the last few months and he’s trained really hard. He’s been very frustrated and had a lot of family problems which none of us want to hear about, but he’s overcome all that and done really well."

"I asked him if he could play half a game a couple of weeks ago and he didn’t think he was ready, but would if I wanted him to. Since then he’s had 90 minutes, a couple of other games and looked quite sharp and with the situation with Ken and Bogle he’ll come into the reckoning."

"It’s been a first proper chance to see him. I liked him when I first came. He’s probably the best at holding the ball up that we’ve got. He’s definitely the best header of the ball of the strikers. We put a session on yesterday and I mentioned it to fans at a function last night he was like Nat Lofthouse! Really good finishing with his heading, knew what he was doing behind the centre-halves and I was really pleased for him. He’s seen what Ken did with his chance and he’s a really good lad."

"The scout who gave me Loic Damour said to me when I first came I’d really like Gonoungbe, that he’d watched him over the last couple of the years and he would be just my cup of tea. Unfortunately he’s had a couple of injuries after another and never really got a chance and then Ken set the world alight. If he can just have a few months injury-free it will be interesting to see what he does because he is a big problem for centre-halves. You just don’t know."

Warnock on Freddie Gounongbe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:11 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Go on Fred!

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 pm

i hope enough people hear this, as sarcastic cheers and geers dont help anyone.

Hope hes sorted all his personal issues and injuries. and can make a difference for us.
Ill give him a chance anyway :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:59 pm

I have always thought he could be more than a useful squad player. Didn't get the break when he came, missed a couple of easy chances- Birmingham in particular- but was always in and around the six yard box looking for the chance. At Rovers next game we didnt have a shot until he came on and hit the post with virtually his first touch. Probably should have scored but he created the opportunity. And as Warnock has said he is the best header of the ball we have. For some reason some people need a scapegoat and a figure to poke fun at and these people chose Fred.

Good luck to him

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Wouldn't it be strange to do extremely well thus season with strikers we were not 100% in favour of oh and the pundits and other clubs!!

Zohore, Ward and Fred hmmm

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:40 pm

The little I've seen of him I wondered why Warnock couldnt get more for him. Seems to be winding him up for a super sub role.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 am

We have thickle fans. A few games ago people were writing off Bogle. Last year hoilett was rubbish.

Give the guy a chance, Warnock knows what he's doing