Caerphilly Traffic (off topic )

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Did anyone see the video uploaded to Facebook & shared by Wales online of the scrap at Cedar tree roundabout?

For those who are unaware - Road works started around 6 - 8 weeks ago in Caerphilly which will take atleast 12 months.
People are absolutely fuming about this & now started fist fights in the middle of a dual carriage way :shock: :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Caerphilly Traffic (off topic )

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:25 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Did anyone see the video uploaded to Facebook & shared by Wales online of the scrap at Cedar tree roundabout?

For those who are unaware - Road works started around 6 - 8 weeks ago in Caerphilly which will take atleast 12 months.
People are absolutely fuming about this & now started fist fights in the middle of a dual carriage way :shock: :laughing6:

Wonder if could have done one rd at a time Lesten the carnage? Gather all they are doing is putting in extra lanes at roundabout. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Did anyone see the video uploaded to Facebook & shared by Wales online of the scrap at Cedar tree roundabout?

Wonder if could have done one rd at a time Lesten the carnage? Gather all they are doing is putting in extra lanes at roundabout. :roll:

Extra lanes and traffic lights I think.
100% should've done one at a time. It takes me 30 minutes for a 2 mile drive to work!!
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Been a long time comming this word.Before the roadworks started you took your life hands at certain times of the day anyway.Theres been 1 or 2 fatalities over the years so this work is over due.Dedicated lanes and traffic lights by all accounts that should help.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Valebluebird » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:47 pm

I remember there was a huge sink hole in Tokyo it took them 3 days to repair and the guy in charge had to go on tv and apologize that it took 3 days we truly are lazy twats when it comes to highway maintenance
Valebluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:37 pm

I've seen a couple of miles of tarmac being put down overnight in Florida, and prisoners being used to do a lot of the spade work. The sort of job that seems to take a night to complete out there is usually around 6 months over here.
Steve Zodiak

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Been a long time comming this word.Before the roadworks started you took your life hands at certain times of the day anyway.Theres been 1 or 2 fatalities over the years so this work is over due.Dedicated lanes and traffic lights by all accounts that should help.

Agree, It is needed but a year to complete is a joke don't you think? I live in Llanbradach and work in Caerphilly so I can imagine my frustrations!
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:02 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

100% should've done one at a time. It takes me 30 minutes for a 2 mile drive to work!!

So in essence they could do one rd at a time if i remember junction right! And of course lets do it at peak period of inconvenience Xmas :banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm

The roads around us are crazy, A470 and A4119 are a joke as early as 6am til 9am down and 4pm-6pm up. People driving stupidly, it’s a joke all the roads around Newport too and it won’t make an ounce of difference,
They need to add more lanes to a470 and a4119, and sort out a route through Newport but one at a time
Blue_Barber

Postby pengamblue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 pm

i work in caerphilly so fed up ,i now get the train
pengamblue

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 pm

I saw it and laughed to be honest (mainly at the guy shouting "Cone on, let's give him a hand!") as the main event was handbags caused by the monster that Caerphilly Borough Council have created, i.e the roadworks!

I was looking to buy a house just off the roundabout recently but decided against when told what was about to happen and for how long! Seems the advice given was correct!

Do you have to pass through there regularly? If so, you have my sympathy. It took me 45 mins to get from the castle to Asda one day last week! :shock: :evil:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Nuclearblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:18 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Two miles why don’t you walk then ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nuclearblue

Postby maccydee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 am

The commentary on the video could be shown on any clip as a way to rip the pish out of us Welsh. It was like Taff Wars.
maccydee

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:10 pm

All it needs is a little patience, and respect for the workers. If some herbert loses the rag, tough shit.

Factor it in to ya journey.
rumpo kid

Postby KBK-13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 pm

I live in Llanbradach and leave 10 mins earlier for work. Not really a big deal. My misses leaves the house 20 mins earlier than normal to drop the kids off to school. If it’s going to improve traffic in the long run then happy days. It’s not as if there’s nothing happening there is it, plenty of work has happened
KBK-13

Postby caerblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:28 pm

KBK-13 wrote:I live in Llanbradach and leave 10 mins earlier for work. Not really a big deal. My misses leaves the house 20 mins earlier than normal to drop the kids off to school. If it’s going to improve traffic in the long run then happy days. It’s not as if there’s nothing happening there is it, plenty of work has happened

Spot on mate,the people who moan about the road works are the same ones who moaned how busy it was before they started the work,if people use both lanes, and let the cars in at the bottle neck,the ques wouldn't be as big,but they'd rather shout and scream at the cars in the right hand lane
caerblue

Postby KBK-13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:46 pm

caerblue wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:I live in Llanbradach and leave 10 mins earlier for work. Not really a big deal. My misses leaves the house 20 mins earlier than normal to drop the kids off to school. If it’s going to improve traffic in the long run then happy days. It’s not as if there’s nothing happening there is it, plenty of work has happened

Spot on mate,the people who moan about the road works are the same ones who moaned how busy it was before they started the work,if people use both lanes, and let the cars in at the bottle neck,the ques wouldn't be as big,but they'd rather shout and scream at the cars in the right hand lane

It’s that pathetic they now have signs up reminding people to indicate, a sign showing people to allow cars in to help keep traffic moving but you still get cars going half and half in lanes to stop people getting passed. Only people I feel sorry for are the bus drivers trying to get through Llanbradach where the extra traffic in the village is making everything narrow for them to get through.
KBK-13

Postby caerblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
caerblue wrote:

It’s that pathetic they now have signs up reminding people to indicate, a sign showing people to allow cars in to help keep traffic moving but you still get cars going half and half in lanes to stop people getting passed. Only people I feel sorry for are the bus drivers trying to get through Llanbradach where the extra traffic in the village is making everything narrow for them to get through.

It's all on the council web site,when you start fighting over being let into a que,it becomes ridiculous,your arguing over time,but they were arguing for over 10 mins,only took 5 secs to let him join the que lol
caerblue

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:30 pm

caerblue wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
caerblue wrote:

It's all on the council web site,when you start fighting over being let into a que,it becomes ridiculous,your arguing over time,but they were arguing for over 10 mins,only took 5 secs to let him join the que lol

Please don't use 'lol' on here, that's reserved for those strange facecloth nerdy people. You have been warned
Bananas

Postby caerblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Bananas wrote:
caerblue wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
caerblue wrote:

Please don't use 'lol' on here, that's reserved for those strange facecloth nerdy people. You have been warned

:roll:
caerblue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am

Sven wrote:

I saw it and laughed to be honest (mainly at the guy shouting "Cone on, let's give him a hand!") as the main event was handbags caused by the monster that Caerphilly Borough Council have created, i.e the roadworks!

I was looking to buy a house just off the roundabout recently but decided against when told what was about to happen and for how long! Seems the advice given was correct!

Do you have to pass through there regularly? If so, you have my sympathy. It took me 45 mins to get from the castle to Asda one day last week! :shock: :evil:

I used to live behind the carvery mate it was a nightmare to get out of the junction at the best of times let alone now!

Yep I live in Llanbradach and have to travel to where the old hospital in Caerphilly was.

Took me 45 minutes this morning :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:23 am

I must live in a different Llanbradach to you then mate.

I got stuck by the de winton for 25 minutes this morning :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:39 pm

I live close to this roundabout & use it most days. I have dreaded this work starting. I really don't see what difference this work will make when they have finally finished. Apart from the road going up to Ystrad Mynach, all the other roads are single carriageway. The traffic volume will still be the same & in time even increase. Is this work going to make half of the traffic vanish? There will still be congestion backed onto the roundabout. They should have spent money on dualling the road to Penrhos roundabout. About 2 miles in total. That would give a dual carriageway all the way from Ystrad Mynach to the A470 at Nantgarw. That would have a better chance of clearing the roundabout of chaos.
BLUE54

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm

I leave at 6:45 and I’m usually passed the cedar tree roundabout by 7:10 at the lastest. There’s always been traffic there. It does seem to be worse going through llanbradach now with cars turning off the dual carriageway and going through the village from the Wingfield
KBK-13

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't travel on this road so can't give my thoughts however I often travel weekly to collect my Daughter on a Friday night from her Mums in Wolverhampton and each week the journey up from Cardiff at 4pm is f*cking horrendous, these days A roads and Motorways have no chance with the amount of traffic on the road and the people in charge of the roads 30 years ago should have known cars would increase in time, we're seeing the effects of how bad a shambles our roads really are, bang on in 2017.
Wolfpac

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:25 pm

If I have to go to Caerphilly now I go over the top then into the trading estate. But the cedar tree roundabout is now a friggin nightmare.
Nuclearblue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 am

KBK-13 wrote:

I leave at 6:45 and I’m usually passed the cedar tree roundabout by 7:10 at the lastest. There’s always been traffic there. It does seem to be worse going through llanbradach now with cars turning off the dual carriageway and going through the village from the Wingfield

Ah, The traffic is probably heavier as I start work at 9 so leave about 8:15.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat