Glad he's gone

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Glad he's gone

Postby Ninianman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Coleman had an absolute nerve to expect a bumper deal on the back of a failure to qualify out of a relatively easy group culminating in not being able to beat an ordinary Irish team who went on to show their true worth.
Coleman got lucky with the squad,they saved his arse not the other way round,also it's not as if a lower Prem side was courting him and to take the Sunderland job smacks of desperation by both parties.
Coleman's parting shot to the welsh FA was to stick 2 fingers up to them by selecting Tom lockyear and lee Evans for a full Welsh cap,that's when I knew he'd lost the plot.
Belamy,Dutch Ray,Dean Saunders Pulis could all do an adequate job or they could do no worse.
Ninianman

Glad he's gone

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Glad he's gone

Postby Jonsey Jones » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:42 am

And breath...

Be interesting to see what he does with Sunderland
Jonsey Jones

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Ninianman wrote:Coleman had an absolute nerve to expect a bumper deal on the back of a failure to qualify out of a relatively easy group culminating in not being able to beat an ordinary Irish team who went on to show their true worth.
Coleman got lucky with the squad,they saved his arse not the other way round,also it's not as if a lower Prem side was courting him and to take the Sunderland job smacks of desperation by both parties.
Coleman's parting shot to the welsh FA was to stick 2 fingers up to them by selecting Tom lockyear and lee Evans for a full Welsh cap,that's when I knew he'd lost the plot.
Belamy,Dutch Ray,Dean Saunders Pulis could all do an adequate job or they could do no worse.

Well he wouldn't be the first man to make a good international manager and yet fail to cut it at club level.He wasn't the most popular choice when he was appointed but I thought he took on the most difficult job in football at the time and I seem to remember although not queuing up there were alot of people on here wishing he would fail.What you fail to acknowledge is that he had the total respect of the players without which we would have achieved nothing and I dare say that whoever fills the position now inherits much better circumstances than he had.Its not always the managers fault when a team fails.The very same squad that did so well in the euros under performed in the early stages of the WC qualifiers and it wasn't as if Coleman could draft in replacements for the under performing ones because there weren't any.I'm also willing to bet you that you won't find a single player that willing to say it was the managers fault,they leave that to idiot fans.
Sneggyblubird

Postby NPCC39 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Same here, average manager, gone for the cash to fund his expensive wife
NPCC39

Postby dogfound » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Ninianman wrote:Coleman had an absolute nerve to expect a bumper deal on the back of a failure to qualify out of a relatively easy group culminating in not being able to beat an ordinary Irish team who went on to show their true worth.

Well he wouldn't be the first man to make a good international manager and yet fail to cut it at club level.He wasn't the most popular choice when he was appointed but I thought he took on the most difficult job in football at the time and I seem to remember although not queuing up there were alot of people on here wishing he would fail.What you fail to acknowledge is that he had the total respect of the players without which we would have achieved nothing and I dare say that whoever fills the position now inherits much better circumstances than he had.Its not always the managers fault when a team fails.The very same squad that did so well in the euros under performed in the early stages of the WC qualifiers and it wasn't as if Coleman could draft in replacements for the under performing ones because there weren't any.I'm also willing to bet you that you won't find a single player that willing to say it was the managers fault,they leave that to idiot fans.

good post...semi finalists at the EUROs {something beyond any reasonable persons wildest dreams } ..all the players..back room staff .and FAW wanted him to stay...but idiots think it was all luck...
dogfound

Return to General Chat